One Piece Pirate Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
One Piece Pirate Nation

AU One Piece Roleplay

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» SHOP
The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:00 pm by Admin

» NPC Template
The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 1:05 am by Pain

» [Task] Aqua Laguna
The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 1:08 am by Adri Sakna

» Return to baltigo
The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 am by Hecate

» Dinner amongst friends [Flashback] [Hecate Only]
The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 10:06 pm by Isabella

» [Task] Public Service Announcement
The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:31 pm by Siegfried

» Shadow Vs Hiroko
The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:03 pm by Jui$y Crow

» Finishing the Job
The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm by Bojack

» Mission Briefing (Task)
The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:21 pm by Renji Vinsmoke

Top posting users this week
No user

Statistics
We have 1108 registered users
The newest registered user is Roku

Our users have posted a total of 65940 messages in 8693 subjects
Affiliates
Our Button

Vote For Us

Affiliates

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback Empty The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:18 pm

The Jade Emperor

Revolutionary Captain
Revolutionary Captain

The Jade Emperor
In Baltigo, today was a few days away from the anniversary to an event that happened years ago. It was no small event however, it was a few days from the defeat of the cyborg shichibukai Jane D. Punk by a very powerful adversary. From what Mangetsu had heard as a rookie was that she was someone to not be easily taken down and that it would have taken several of their generals to take her but a lone revolutionary captain did it by himself. The powerful adversary was none other than that of one of the most known Revolutionary, Cyrus Kincaid. He was sure as his time with the songbirds that he had come across Mr.Kincaid and when Mangetsu joined the revolutionary army, all he would hear about is Cyrus. The man was a scientist just like Mangetsu but if he had to be honest, Cyrus was a much better one. Especially after defeating Jane as he must have taken some of her blueprints for her robotic designs. If he had to be honest again, Kincaid is one of the main drives to him becoming a revolutionary and obtaining the rank of captain, he wants to be just as known as the reaper of the revolution. He chucked to himself a little as he realized that when he began to become more known, he gained one  of two  monikers the "angel of the revolution". Mangetsu had actually sent a message to him through the revolutionary army to meet him at a certain spot and hoped that he actually got it.

"Now what might happen? Mangetsu said to himself as he strolled his way around Baltigo. It was of grave importance for Mangetsu to find and ask the man something, as it could be very beneficial to him and his crew if the reaper so accepted his request. Mangetsu wondered in the back of his head how this would all go as he knows the revolutionary army is close but not all of the people within revolutionary army very nice. Though if Cyrus was a friend of Junbei's then Mangetsu knew that he had to be at least a little friendly but only time could tell what would unfold when they met. Here it is Mangetsu thought to himself as he made his way to the bar where he told Cyrus to meet him . It wasn't like the dark bars he was use too but was fairly lit with few patrons inside, it looked like a pretty decent bar and a place that would be a good meeting between two revolutionary soldiers. "I'll have the strongest thing you have please and a chocolate fudge milkshake Mangetsu said as he sat down at the bar and waiting for his company. What would unfold when the angel met the reaper?

2The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback Empty Re: The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:02 am

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Kincaid
Cyrus sat at the bar, his rear end had practically become fused to the barstool these past few days. He had shown Zoe and the others his latest project and they had not taken kindly to it. That was actually an understatement. Zoe had nearly led a full on revolt when they saw what Cyrus had done to Leo, or at least what was left of him. Granted the cyborg itself had been completed for quite some time now, Cyrus had simply been putting off the big reveal for...going on a year now. The crew had responded exactly how Cyrus feared they might, unprepared for the next step in human evolution, for the transcendence into immortality so that Cyrus might protect them all, forever. Even Old Mei in her advanced age had looked at Cyrus in such a way that he felt only pain in her disappointment and disgust. Now they all sat back at the ship or milling about the city, refusing to go anywhere near Jane's, now Cyrus's, laboratory.

Cyrus nursed the ale the barkeep had delivered him while puffing on a cigarette. This was the latest toxic hobby he had developed during his work on Leo. It helped with his nerves and took some of the edge off his stress. It also helped him stay awake during long nights of work on the cyborg's body and weaponry. Today he was meeting a Revolutionary Captain, some hot shot up and comer from what he had heard. For what purpose he had no idea, but apparently the man had requested to speak to Cyrus himself and not just any ordinary General. It was odd for sure, no one had come looking for Cyrus for quite some time now. in fact, out of his crew and the citizens of Baltigo, Cyrus hadn't seen or spoken with any strangers since Bazel shipped off and that had been...truthfully he wasn't sure how long ago. Beside him, one empty stool between them, Cyrus noticed a younger man sit down and order strong liquor with a chocolate milkshake. Raising a brow of curiosity Cyrus turned to the new arrival, I have to say that's a new combination compared to what I usually hear being ordered around here.

3The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback Empty Re: The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:12 pm

The Jade Emperor

Revolutionary Captain
Revolutionary Captain

The Jade Emperor
As Mangetsu let the bartender know his order, he didn't even notice the man that occupied the seat next to him. [color#ff66ff]"Yes, let's just say it homage to an old friend[/color] He said before falling in silence to examine the man that spoke to him, after a moment of calling himself stupid, he knew the person that was next to him. Cyrus Kincaid, the revolutionary general. It seems that Mangetsu had some luck indeed to have him answer his request, let's see what he would say with his next one. However to not be rude to someone higher up, he would talk some before going into what he really wanted. "Well, I'm slightly surprised you actual game yourself, a man as powerful as you Mangetsu said just as the bartender came back with his shake and his cup of alcohol. As he thought about it Cyrus was right, it was a weird combination to see in a bar. It had also been years since he had touched a shake, after going what he called the "Healthy" route. If he was truthful it had been a long time since he had met someone he considered a hero, not since his dear friend. After this he knew he had to track him down and resolve the guilt that consumed his mind. Mangetsu had to mentally shake his head to get back to the conversation that was at hand, he didn't want to waste too much time.

"I hear that you spend most of your time alone these days, even if wrong. Don't you wish you had a few friends or.. crew the words slipped effortlessly out of his mouth, he had to be as confident with his words. Mangetsu had no clue what Cyrus would say to what he had said but he was sure that Cyrus knew what he was implying. It was a bit more rushed than he liked but he was sure that if he said yes they would get to know each other way better. He gulped down some of his drink before sipping some of his milkshake, the alcohol had a foul taste in his mouth but the sweetness of the milkshake masked it pretty well, maybe next time he would have to mix the two.

4The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback Empty Re: The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:32 pm

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Kincaid
Cyrus watched the younger man attempt to find his words, he clearly was here for a purpose and had some sort of agenda. He dragged on his cigarette before responding to Mangetsu, Don't equate power with rudeness. Peasants can be pissants and kings can be saints. You requested to see me, so here I am. If it just so happens that your timing coincides with my binge drinking then so be it. Cyrus said with a small smirk, sipping from his beer. He listened to Mangetsu mention something about wanting friends or a crew and shook his head, I command three separate ships alone with over three hundred and fifty crewmen. What would make you think I don't have a crew? Of course, to be fair it's not like any of them are talking to you right now. Cyrus asked, the last bit of course simply being thought rather than actually revealed to this Captain. He wasn't necessarily annoyed by the question, but wondered what this young upstart could possibly have to offer him.

The young man hadn't even offered his name, though of course Cyrus had looked into it before meeting with him. Mangetsu Karasu, his profile was relatively slim in all honesty. According to what the Revolution knew he had been part of a pirate crew in his younger days, which crew hadn't been made public knowledge. Beyond that Cyrus knew little of this man or had even heard much of anything about him through the grapevine. He wondered if this was a youngster looking for a quick promotion by riding the curtails or getting in close with a higher ranking authority. It wouldn't bother Cyrus if that was his intention, he simply preferred it when intentions were made known off the bat. You know my name obviously, but you haven't even introduced yourself. Cyrus Kincaid. Cyrus said, lazily reaching a hand across the bar to his companion.

5The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback Empty Re: The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:57 pm

The Jade Emperor

Revolutionary Captain
Revolutionary Captain

The Jade Emperor
Mangetsu watched as Cyrus looked at him and took a long drag out of the cigarette that Mangetsu hadn't noticed in his hand. "Well it must be some luck to coincide with your drinking time Mangetsu said as a respons to Cyrus and he stared at the man just a little deeper. If Mangetsu looked past the fact that he is a general and a hero to him, he could see something else. It seemed like to Mangetsu that Cyrus was some how at a low point, the admitting of binge drinking was a good indication as well. What had happened to the man over the few years that have passed? Well even if he was down or not, Mangetsu was still going to try to get him to join forces with him, as he revolutionary captain believed that their forces together would be as strong as a Yonko and make the world government shiver whenever their names where brought up. It had seemed that his information on Cyrus being a lone had been wrong, or at least that's what he thought to himself. "Three ships and over 300 people? It seems I wasn't as informed as I thought. My apologies He said as he finished the last of his two drinks an called to the bartender to order another.

While ordering his two drinks, Mangetsu could see that Cyrus was thinking of something, more than likely what is the background to him but that would come at a later date. "Ah yes, my name is Mangetsu Karasu but a man like you probably already knew that, information is what we are best at getting he said as he extended his hand to meet his new acquaintance. After introducing himself and getting a few more sips of the drink the bartender had finally bought him, he though it was time to get to the real subject in a bit of a straightforward fashion. "now it is weird that I randomly called you here and then brought up something about a crew Mangetsu said a she paused and took another sip of his drink. "However if you are thinking I'm using you for your rank, I am not but I have been looking for a rather powerful person to join this beginning crew. You seemed like the best option as you are of the same faction as me he went silent for a few to hear a response from the General but he wanted to add one more thing in before Cyrus replied "and because you are one of two people I know that can actually help change the seas and world for the better he would now go completely silent and sip his sake as he awaited a response.

6The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback Empty Re: The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:30 pm

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Kincaid
Cyrus shook his head, No need to apologize, the Revolution mostly leaves me alone nowadays. I take the missions I want or the missions no one else wants. They probably haven't updated my dossier in ages, not your fault. Cyrus said, placing the cigarette in his mouth as the younger man reached across the bar to shake hands. Cyrus met him halfway with his own before retracting it and returning the cigarette to between his fingers, Ah so this one does have a brain between his shoulders. That's good kid, too many people seem to lack any sort of sense these days. You're right, I did a bit of research when I received your request, though to be honest there's not exactly a novel on you in our records either. Only thing of note was I saw you ran with a pirate crew for some time before joining rank. Cyrus said, looking at the man as he spoke for any indication of...well anything really. Would he reveal pain, regret, even longing to return to a life of pure freedom?

So you want to make a crew do you? I have to admit I've been looking for some other Revolutionary higher ups to join forces with for some time. Leading my own people is one thing, but to unite some Captains or Generals, hell I'd even take a lieutenant or two...now that, that would be something. Cyrus said before finishing his beer as the bartender approached with Mangetsu's new drink. The man looked at Cyrus with a silent question, but Cyrus waved him off and the man retreated to the rest of his customers without a word. Although, before we go any deeper into these plans, I have to warn you I don't take kindly to being ordered around. As I've said I've captained over 300 souls, run my own island and have been rebuilding this dump while my brother is away for almost two years now. If we do this, I won't be a subordinate.

7The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback Empty Re: The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:29 pm

The Jade Emperor

Revolutionary Captain
Revolutionary Captain

The Jade Emperor
After a the brief handshake Mangetsu watched as Cyrus retracted his hand to tend to his cigarette. The man would show no reaction as Cyrus mentioned that within in his files, it was a best kept secret but seeing as it was his superior he wasn't too shocked that he would ask. "Yes, I was a pirate in my younger days. Mangetsu said with a bit of pain in his voice but not because he missed the freedom but because of the burden he carried around for leaving the people he considered family to hunt someone who revealed he was nothing but an experiment. "However I see I have more purpose with the army than as a pirate roaming the sea he took one huge gulp and grinned for the first time in two years. "But I may say this is kind of funny, though this is the first time you've met me. I've heard you know a certain person I ran with as a pirate, he's a great musician though he would only leave it at that, Mangetsu wanted to see if Mr.Kincaid would some how the important connection. Mangetsu thought if everything went well here today and they actually joined forces, they could visit their old friend. It would more than likely be a reunion of a lifetime.

"Seems like this could go well after all Mangetsu said in his head as he tuned in for more of Cyrus's response. His next words didn't shock him at all, why would a general want to listen to someone under him? It would be degrading and embarrassing but as a person that hated taking orders now a days as well, he would see if something else would work. "I have no problems with that, you outclass me in almost every way. I was thinking more of a partnership anyway he finished off his sake and shifted into a more relaxed position in his seat. "although extremely smaller than your fleet, I have 54 people that I currently command. Four of which are currently walking around Baltigo somewhere looking for me, i bet he wondered if they were all ok and not getting themselves into trouble, Mangetsu knew that Enryu was a crazy one with his lightning powers. He wanted to know what they would say if they knew what he was currently doing about in town, meeting with someone who would probably change them for the better.

8The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback Empty Re: The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:30 pm

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Kincaid
Cyrus raised a single eyebrow in surprised curiosity at the mention of, or rather allusion to, Junbei VonEcho, one of the Four Emperors of the sea, No shit? Cyrus asked, now seeing this Mangetsu fellow in a slightly different light. Perhaps there was more to this young blood than Cyrus had initially perceived. Not only had this man run with a Yonko before his prime, which showed Cyrus he was no wannabe bandwagoner, but he had run with a Yonko Cyrus knew personally and knew to be a quality human being. He wouldn't elaborate more on the subject or outright say Junbei's name. After all if Mangetsu was here to simply tote his past around he would've lead with the fact that he was once in Junbei's crew. While Cyrus wondered what had truly caused the man to leave such a great and charismatic captain for the life of a terrorist, he didn't dwell on the subject as there were more immediate matters to attend to first.

Fifty-four, huh? I remember those days, it's a good start for sure. I assume you run with just the one ship right now then? Most likely a mass-produced Revolutionary ship. On-water or above? Cyrus would simply nod in thought once Mangetsu answered his questions, A partnership sounds a bit more my speed. He would snuff out his cigarette before grabbing a napkin to his right and feeling around his jacket pockets for a writing utensil before finally producing one. Carefully he would then sketch out some crude drawings and scribblings that, if looked at in the right light, could almost be excused as handwriting. He would then slide the napkin between he and Mangetsu, using the pen as a pointer to lead Mangetsu down his train of thought.

You're not the first to proposition me for some sort of team-up, though I have to admit you're one of the first to hold my attention for this long. Here's a little something I've been working on for a few months, just a few thoughts. Four Commanders with relatively equal say in what happens and what actions are taken. Beneath each commander is a crew or small fleet of their own. Commanders share resources, crew, etc. There's no need to travel together constantly like a pirate crew, but instead when called upon will answer. Similar to the Revolution but more personal and in a case where we know each other, strengths, weaknesses, all of that jazz on a personal level. Cyrus shrugged and leaned back, leaving his notes in front of Mangetsu, It's a start anyway. More of an organization or even division within the Revolution's ranks than a true crew.

9The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback Empty Re: The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:24 am

The Jade Emperor

Revolutionary Captain
Revolutionary Captain

The Jade Emperor
By the way that Mr.Kincaid raised eyebrow and the way he spoke for a second, it seemed that he might have actually guessed who he was talking about. Well, his hint exactly wasn't that hard as the Aurburn Songbird was currently the only real known pirate musician that rocked the seas like he did. He would have to come back to the thought though, as their mutual friend was not the topic of conversation but the topic of an alliance between revolutionaries. "You sure do know your stuff Mangetsu said as he chuckled a little inside of his head. It is Under-water and also given to me by the army Now that he thought about it, it wouldn't be weird for the general to actually know what ship he might have, Cyrus himself was once a revolutionary captain. Mangetsu has only met with some others of his rank, seeing as most died or betray them once the marines came back into power after killing Wallace. If they were dead or a traitor, he just didn't speak to them but he was glad to be changing that with this situation. After watching Cyrus nod to his answer, he saw the man grab a napkin and pen to write or draw something on the napkin. "What might he be doing with the napkin? Mangetsu thought as he watched and waited to see whatever it is that would be presented to him.

It didn't take long for his friend to finish writing whatever he needed and he slid it between them, using his pen so that Mangetsu could keep up. As the young captain listened, he actually liked the idea that Cyrus was presenting right now. It seemed like it would be really convenient for the four commanders to still have their own crews but still manage to be apart of a even bigger organization whenever called upon. It would also be very useful for very tough situations and one would never have to doubt anyone as they know each other personally. "That's actually brilliant Mangetsu said as he began to think more about the idea that was just presented. [color:a976=ff66ff]"Four commanders would be easier as no one would have full power he was very much loving the idea until he thought of a major part of it as well. "What would this organization or whatever be called? regardless of the name, he wanted this idea to come alive but that means they would need to search for two more people that would be willing to help them. Even though he didn't know many, maybe Cyrus had a few in the back of his mind.

10The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback Empty Re: The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:20 pm

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Kincaid
Cyrus scratched the top of his head with the tail end of his pen in thought, Hmm that's a good question. Truth be told I didn't exactly get that far. This was always a pipe dream for me, nothing I really thought would ever get off the ground, you know? Now that it's actually gaining some traction I need to put some real thought into it. For now we'll call it The Four Horsemen of the Revolution, 4HR for short. If you have any better ideas though, don't hold back, I'm open for whatever. Cyrus said before reaching into his jacket pocket for another cigarette but hesitated. He looked down at his hand and noticed it wasn't shaking. He felt no anxiety in this moment, a rare but welcome break from what he had been experiencing for so long these past few months. This talk with the young Captain seemed to have distracted his restless mind, at least for the moment. He retracted his hand from the cigarette packet inside his jacket and placed it on the table.

I see this little organization as the wetworks of the Revolution. We take the jobs no one else will go near. Too dangerous for most, too crazy for the rest. We hunt down threats and enemies of the Revolution, possibly even turn them in for profit to the World Government if I can get in touch with an old contact. Cyrus said, thinking of Asher. He hadn't heard nor seen the man in years at this point, but with his sister traveling with Baz it was at least a place to start. Regardless I want this organization, this crew to be known and feared throughout the seas.

11The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback Empty Re: The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:44 pm

The Jade Emperor

Revolutionary Captain
Revolutionary Captain

The Jade Emperor
Mangetsu understood Cyrus loud and clear when he said that he didn't know what to call whatever their crew in progress. If he had to be honest with himself, despite going after someone so powerful such as Cyrus Kincaid he never knew what the plan was if he had actually agreed. If it wasn't for the man already having a dream of his own like this, Mangetsu would have only had a half assed idea and probably shot down since he hadn't thought it in depth. Though not having a name thought up at that time, the name that Cyrus came up with was not bad at all. "Four horseman, like it Mangetsu said as he began to fill a little tipsy, it seemed that the milkshake slowed it down for a bit but now it was creeping up on him. Thinking back to the name, it seemed like something that could be known throughout the seas but he knew that it wouldn't be easy at all. As he scratched his itchy chin with his only hand, he noticed that Cyrus would reach into his jacket pocket for something but didn't take anything out. The revolutionary questioned it at first but remembered that Cyrus's personal business was not something that they could speak of right now but he hoped him not taking anything out was a sign of something good.

Cyrus began talking again and spoke of how they would do jobs that others thought where too dangerous to do and maybe even turn some people who are enemies of the revolution into the world government. Mangetsu's body tingled as he heard the world government, the people who created him and threw him out into the world to cause chaos with no real purpose other than that. He shook his head a little to clear the thoughts that threatened to plague his mind and got back to real time with Cyrus. "As do I, Mr.Kincaid, not a single soul will be calm when they hear of us Mangetsu spoke confidently as he knew that they could make it happen, it may not be fast but it would happen sooner rather than later. Mangetsu signaled the Bartender to come closer and ordered two shots for him and Cyrus, "shall we toast to the four horsemen Mangetsu said with a little grin. In this short conversation, he had shown more emotion than in two years. He knew this would be a work of art.

12The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback Empty Re: The Angel and The Reaper - Flashback Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:13 am

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Kincaid
Cyrus nodded before getting the barkeep's attention. He held up two fingers to indicate what he wanted and, being the local that he was, the barkeep already knew what that meant. Seconds later both Cyrus and Mangetsu had a shot of the finest liquor in this dump. Cyrus raised his own shot to Mangetsu and said, To the future Horsemen and a profitable partnership. Cyrus said, clinking glasses with Mangetsu before downing the firey liquid. Alcohol no longer burned Cyrus, not the way it once had so long ago. Years of drinking, particularly now with the self-hating binge drinking he had been on, it simply went down like water or a pungent juice. Well, that was quite the talk. Unfortunately I have some matters to attend to, so if that will be all I'll have to excuse myself. Cyrus said to Mangetsu as he began scribbling down a number for his personal Den Den Mushi, This is my personal number, call me anytime. Memorize it and then burn it. The waters are churning and factions are moving. Be ready Mangetsu, I feel there's a storm coming in the near future. Cyrus said before placing a large sum of Beli on the table and making eye contact with the barkeep, I'm picking up his tab. This should cover anything else he might want. The barkeep nodded as he dried the glass mug in his hand and Cyrus turned to leave.

[exit]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum