One Piece Pirate Nation

AU One Piece Roleplay

Welcome to Pirate Nation, Events are currently in progress. Make sure to keep an eye out for new events posted in the Events Section

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Halloween Event
Today at 8:20 pm by Mr. Meeseeks

» Hash Slinger- Task
Today at 8:16 pm by Rockstar Spud

» King Of paradise vs King of Paradise (TAKEOVER)
Today at 8:07 pm by Mr. Meeseeks

» Slasher Task
Today at 7:57 pm by Mr. Meeseeks

» Aldri Sakna [Revamp]
Today at 7:11 pm by Mr. Meeseeks

» Junbei Von Echo Updates
Today at 7:03 pm by Freyr Preben

» Staff Request: Characters and Updates
Today at 7:02 pm by Freyr Preben

» Blood in, Blood out
Today at 6:29 pm by Alaric

» Cursed Smith
Today at 4:38 pm by Freyr Preben

Statistics
We have 1058 registered users
The newest registered user is Strigidae Borea

Our users have posted a total of 64656 messages in 8460 subjects
Affiliates
Our Button

Vote For Us

Affiliates

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Beku Beku no Mi on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:55 pm

Ritz

Admirals
Admirals

Priority: Secondary
Fighting Style: Devil Fruit
Skill Set Name: Beku Beku no Mi (Vector Vector Fruit)
Skill Set Information:  Beku Beku no Mi is a Paramecia-type Devil Fruit that allows the user to change the vectors of an object and maneuver it in any way the user sees fit, making the user a Vector Changing Human. A vector, in this sense, is defined as an object that has a certain direction and magnitude that it is following. The Beku Beku no Mi enables the user to forcibly change or alter those directions or magnitude at will. The user is granted a circular aura that reaches out 1 meter from their body. This aura is simply used to show where the user has control over.

Aside from the aura, the user can also change vectors via Vector Plates which are applied to surfaces via touch. The plates appear as large arrows indicating the direction where an object will be redirected to should they enter a plate's area of effect.

Passives:
None for now

Skillset Strengths:

• Can change the vectors of any object in motion and redirect them such as incoming attacks, projectiles, and even the user's own movements
  • Can be used to increase the speed, power, and range of the user's attacks and movements by changing their vectors

Skillset Weaknesses:

• Has limited range and can only be used within the aura or vector plates
  • Once outside the user's personal range or plates, the redirected object is merely free flying and is out of the user's control
  • Needs vectors to work and so is useless against attacks that do not have vectors such as extreme temperature change
  • Vector plates can be used by anyone, friend or foe, to their advantage
  • The influence of vector plates can be overcome by power of a higher tier (i.e. a T1 plate can be overcome by a T2 attack and keep flying straight without changing direction)

Notes:
- Aura range is 1 m around the user
- Vector Plate AoE is spherical
Material Destruction Chart:

• Tier 1:
    Completely Destroyed - Wood, Stone, and similar materials.
    Partially Destroyed - Iron
    Lightly Damaged - Steel
  • Tier 2:
    Completely Destroyed - Iron, Wood, Stone, and similar materials.
    Partially Destroyed - Steel
    Lightly Damaged - Titanium
  • Tier 3:
    Completely Destroyed - Steel, Iron, Wood, Stone, and similar materials.
    Partially Destroyed - Titanium
    Lightly Damaged - Treasure Tree Adam
  • Tier 4:
    Completely Destroyed - Titanium, Steel, Iron, Wood, Stone, and similar materials.
    Partially Destroyed - Treasure Tree Adam
    Lightly Damaged - Diamond, Seastone
  • Tier 5:
    Completely Destroyed - Treasure Tree Adam, Titanium, Steel, Iron, Wood, Stone, and similar materials.
    Partially Destroyed - Diamond, Seastone
    Lightly Damaged -
  • Tier 6:
    Completely Destroyed - Diamond, Seastone, Treasure Tree Adam, Titanium, Steel, Iron, Wood, Stone, and similar materials.
    Partially Destroyed -
    Lightly Damaged -

Vector Plate Count:

• Tier 1 - Up to 2 active plates
  • Tier 2 - Up to 4 active plates
  • Tier 3 - Up to 6 active plates
  • Tier 4 - Up to 8 active plates
  • Tier 5 - Up to 10 active plates
  • Tier 6 - Up to 12 active plates

Attribute Priorities:

• Primary Attribute: Strength
  • Secondary Attribute: Speed | Perception
  • Non-Prioritized Attributes: Durability

Tier 1 Skills:
Skill Name: Return
Tier: 1
Type Normal
Range: 1 m | Incoming attack's range
Speed: 2 | Incoming attack's speed
Description: Ritsu changes the vectors of an incoming attack and sends it back at the user at the same speed

Skill Name: Vector Plate I
Type Normal
Range: 3 m | Incoming object's range
Speed: Own | Incoming object's speed
Description: Ritsu touches a surface and plants a vector plate that will redirect all moving objects to the direction the arrow is pointing at. The AoE of the plate is 3 m in diameter and lasts for 2 posts.

Skill Name: Breakfall
Type Normal
Range: Self
Speed: 2
Description: Ritsu changes the vectors of gravity to slow down her descent should she fall down from a great height. She receives no damage from falling and lands safely.

Tier 2 Skills:

Skill Name: Redirect I
Tier: 2
Type Normal
Speed: 3 | Incoming attack's speed + 1
Description: Ritsu changes the vectors of an incoming attack and redirects it to a location of her choosing at a faster speed than it originally was.

Skill Name: Jump I
Type Speed
Range: 15 m
Speed: Own + 1
Description: Ritsu takes a step and changes vectors to boost herself and instantly reach max speed, propelling herself in the direction of her choosing.

Skill Name: Transmit
Type Normal
Range: 20 m
Speed: 3
Description: Ritsu can change the vectors of a melee attack she performs such that force travels through a medium and resolves elsewhere from the original point of impact. (i.e. Ritsu punches the ground and changes the vectors of the impact such that it travels through the ground and resolves somewhere 20 m away) This skill only transmits the force and not any secondary effects.

Tier 3 Skills:

Skill Name: Redirect II
Tier: 3
Type Normal
Range: 1 m | Incoming attack's range + 30 m
Speed: 4 | Incoming attack's speed + 1
Description: Ritsu changes the vectors of an incoming attack and redirects it to a location of her choosing at a faster speed and longer range than it originally was.

Skill Name: Flight
Type Normal
Range: -
Speed: 4
Description: Ritsu changes the vectors of the wind around her creating a small tornado that can lift her up and propel her, enabling her to fly around. She can reach a height of up to 300 m. Due to the degree of concentration required to maintain this technique, she is forced to cancel it should she use a skill that is T4 and above. Costs upkeep per turn to maintain.

Tier 4 Skills:

Skill Name: Redirect III
Tier: 4
Type Normal
Range: 1 m | Incoming attack's range + 60 m
Speed: 5 | Incoming attack's speed + 1
Description: Ritsu changes the vectors of an incoming attack and redirects it to a location of her choosing at a faster speed, longer range, and 1 tier higher power than it originally was.

Last edited by Ritz on Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:28 pm; edited 4 times in total

View user profile

2 Re: Beku Beku no Mi on Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:52 am

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Okay so I'm no physics expert so explain this to me a bit. You have an aura that surrounds you (1m) and in that aura you can place these things called vectors (for the sake of simplicity let's say a vector is represented by an arrow in the direction you want to send something). So you can only place the vector arrows on objects that fall within your aura?

I see this being used better as a sort of Paw Paw shoot off. Instead of rejecting things you can place vector arrows on an object by touch. My main concern with this aura (and perhaps I'm just not understanding it correctly) is basically it could be a free, auto defense. An attack comes at you, touches this 1m aura extending off you and you just say, "Nah, vectored it in the opposite direction upon contact."

While I'm not saying you can't have the aura (double negative, whoops) the aura just needs to be registered as a passive with some kind of upkeep. Otherwise you just have a constant, nearly impenetrable defense for free .-.

Feel free to correct any of my assumptions/understandings because again, I'm no physics major.

View user profile

3 Re: Beku Beku no Mi on Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:12 pm

Ritz

Admirals
Admirals

The aura doesn't really do anything other than define the range for when the powers start working. I could have written it without the aura and just flat out said the range of the ability. Basically when something enters this aura, she can start using the fruit's abilities on it. And then once it leaves the aura, it's simply free flying according the vectors changed. Magnus said he would compare it to the Shiro Shiro which also has this aura that defines the range where its abilities are in effect.

I'm not sure why you brought up auto defense cause there really isn't anything auto or free about the powers. As it is right now, any usage of the ability is conscious and requires a skill to be used and of course costs the proper stamina. It's certainly possible to attack her without her noticing and her power wouldn't automatically activate to save her.

I do like the concept of an auto defense though and might use that for a passive in the future. But at the moment no such thing exists.

EDIT: After speaking with Nico, he told me that you might be thinking there's some sort of sensing or awareness ability attached to this aura. There really isn't any. If it's causing too much confusion, I really don't mind getting rid of it and just saying there's a 1 m range limit for using her powers.

View user profile

4 Re: Beku Beku no Mi on Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:00 am

Enyeto

Free Agents
Free Agents

Ritz wrote:Priority: Secondary
Skill Set Information: The Beku Beku no Mi is a Paramecia-type Devil Fruit that allows the user to change the vectors of an object and maneuver it in their desired way, making the user a Vector Changing Human. A vector is defined as direction and magnitude and this fruit grants the capability to make any adjustments to both. An aura surrounds the user that allows for the vector change to take place as soon as an object makes contact with it. (Word this differently. The reason why Kin asked what he did is because this makes it seem like anything that touches the aura can manipulated. Shiro Shiro has a pink aura that is simply a marker to the point that objects return to there full size. So reword it to make it a cosmetic thing until you use a Passive to gain some sort of defense from it)

The user is also able to do this remotely via vector marks applied to surfaces via touch. The marks appear as large arrows indicating the direction where an object will be redirected to should they enter the mark's area of effect. (Just a little sidenote; the vector marks.. Do they allow you to change the vectors and what not of things outside of your aura? Is it a either or kind of thing, like you can use either form of placement. One for close range and one outside of the range?)

Passives:
None for now

Skillset Strengths:

• Can change the vectors of any object in motion and redirect them such as incoming attacks, projectiles, and even the user's own movements
  • Can be used to increase the speed, power, and range of the user's attacks and movements by changing their vectors

Skillset Weaknesses:

• Has limited range and can only be used within the aura or vector marks
  • Once outside the aura or marks, the redirected object is merely free flying and is out of the user's control
  • Needs vectors to work and so is useless against attacks that do not have vectors such as extreme temperature change
  • Vector marks can be used by anyone, friend or foe, to their advantage
  • The influence of vector marks can be overcome by power of a higher tier (Strength? Just gotta let us know what kind of Power can overcome the vectors)

Notes:
- Aura range is 1 m around the user
- Vector mark AoE is spherical
Material Destruction Chart:

• Tier 1:
    Completely Destroyed - Wood, Stone, and similar materials.
    Partially Destroyed - Iron
    Lightly Damaged - Steel
  • Tier 2:
    Completely Destroyed - Iron, Wood, Stone, and similar materials.
    Partially Destroyed - Steel
    Lightly Damaged - Titanium
  • Tier 3:
    Completely Destroyed - Steel, Iron, Wood, Stone, and similar materials.
    Partially Destroyed - Titanium
    Lightly Damaged - Treasure Tree Adam
  • Tier 4:
    Completely Destroyed - Titanium, Steel, Iron, Wood, Stone, and similar materials.
    Partially Destroyed - Treasure Tree Adam
    Lightly Damaged - Diamond, Seastone
  • Tier 5:
    Completely Destroyed - Treasure Tree Adam, Titanium, Steel, Iron, Wood, Stone, and similar materials.
    Partially Destroyed - Diamond, Seastone
    Lightly Damaged -
  • Tier 6:
    Completely Destroyed - Diamond, Seastone, Treasure Tree Adam, Titanium, Steel, Iron, Wood, Stone, and similar materials.
    Partially Destroyed -
    Lightly Damaged -

Vector Mark Count:

• Tier 1 - Up to 2 active marks
  • Tier 2 - Up to 4 active marks
  • Tier 3 - Up to 6 active marks
  • Tier 4 - Up to 8 active marks
  • Tier 5 - Up to 10 active marks
  • Tier 6 - Up to 12 active marks

Attribute Priorities:

• Primary Attribute: Strength
  • Secondary Attribute: Speed | Perception
  • Non-Prioritized Attributes: Durability

Tier 1 Skills:
Type Defense
Description: Ritsu changes the vectors of an incoming attack and sends it back at the user at the same speed <==== So this is a technique used to redirect incoming attacks that you can perceive and see? (Just getting clarification.)

Skill Name: Vector Mark I
Type Normal
Description: Ritsu touches a surface and plants a vector mark that will redirect all moving objects to the direction the arrow is pointing at. The AoE of the mark is 3 m in diameter and lasts for 2 posts.

Type Normal
Description: Ritsu changes the vectors of gravity to slow down her descent should she fall down from a great height. She receives no damage from falling and lands safely.

Tier 2 Skills:

Type Defense
Speed: 3 | Incoming attack's speed + 1
Description: Ritsu changes the vectors of an incoming attack and redirects it to a location of her choosing at a faster speed than it originally was.

Type Speed
Range: 30 m
Description: Ritsu takes a step and changes vectors to boost herself and instantly reach max speed, propelling herself in the direction of her choosing.

Type Normal
Description: Ritsu can change the vectors of a melee attack she performs such that force travels through a medium and resolves elsewhere from the original point of impact. (i.e. Ritsu punches the ground and changes the vectors of the impact such that it travels through the ground and resolves somewhere 20 m away) This skill only transmits the force and not any secondary effects.

Tier 3 Skills:

Type Defense
Speed: 4 | Incoming attack's speed + 1
Description: Ritsu changes the vectors of an incoming attack and redirects it to a location of her choosing at a faster speed and longer range than it originally was.

Type Normal
Speed: 4
Description: Ritsu changes the vectors of the wind around her creating a small tornado that can lift her up and propel her, enabling her to fly around. She can reach a height of up to 300 m. Due to the degree of concentration required to maintain this technique, she is forced to cancel it should she use a skill that is T4 and above. Costs upkeep per turn to maintain.

Tier 4 Skills:

Type Defense
Speed: 5 | Incoming attack's speed + 1
Description: Ritsu changes the vectors of an incoming attack and redirects it to a location of her choosing at a faster speed, longer range, and 1 tier higher power than it originally was.

Alrighty, I get the concept of the concept of the fruit overall. But it is lacking in some details that kind of need to be there to give us a full understanding of what is here. I made a few comments. Change them, add in, or adjust what I ask. Pm me when you are done.

View user profile

5 Re: Beku Beku no Mi on Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:21 am

Ritz

Admirals
Admirals

Edits made. Regarding plates, the rules of the plates would be defined in the respective skill. i.e. if the planted plate points north, it will point north til it fades away and the user can't remotely change this after planting it.

View user profile

6 Re: Beku Beku no Mi on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:59 am

Enyeto

Free Agents
Free Agents

Ritz wrote:
Tier 1 Skills:
Type Defense
Description: Ritsu changes the vectors of an incoming attack and sends it back at the user at the same speed

(How is this done? Just by perceiving and adjusting it when it comes into the aura? No touch required to make the change? Tell me how the skills works.)

Type Normal
Description: Ritsu touches a surface and plants a vector plate that will redirect all moving objects to the direction the arrow is pointing at. The AoE of the plate is 3 m in diameter and lasts for 2 posts.

Type Normal
Description: Ritsu changes the vectors of gravity to slow down her descent should she fall down from a great height. She receives no damage from falling and lands safely. (Uhh, I don't really understand the point of this skill. Do you plan on jumping from tall building, mountains, and what not? Just seems like a waste of a Skill to me.)

Tier 2 Skills:

Type Defense (Put Offensive in addition to Defensive. The skill can easily be used for Offense.)
Speed: 3 (Probably needs to be 2. Since your Secondary is Speed not main Attribute. I am pretty sure projectiles move at a tier or two lower than your own speed) | Incoming attack's speed + 1
Description: Ritsu changes the vectors of an incoming attack and redirects it to a location of her choosing at a faster speed than it originally was. (Same note from Return Skill. How are you doing this? Perception and Thought? Perception and touch?)

Tier: 1 (2)
Type Speed
Range: 30 m (15 Meters)

Type Normal
Description: Ritsu can change the vectors of a melee attack she performs such that force travels through a medium and resolves elsewhere from the original point of impact. (i.e. Ritsu punches the ground and changes the vectors of the impact such that it travels through the ground and resolves somewhere 20 m away) This skill only transmits the force and not any secondary effects. (So, you are simply moving the force of the force of the impact away from the Original spot. So if you hit someone int eh stomach would the force be transfer over to another part, like the Head for example? Thus making the head the point of impact while the Stomach is left unharmed?)

Tier 3 Skills:

Type Defense
Speed: 4 (3 or 2. Same concept for the Speed. You have 3 in that attribute.) | Incoming attack's speed + 1
Description: Ritsu changes the vectors of an incoming attack and redirects it to a location of her choosing at a faster speed and longer range than it originally was. (Same note as the other Redirects and Returns)

Type Normal
Speed: 4 (Own)
Description: Ritsu changes the vectors of the wind around her creating a small tornado that can lift her up and propel her, enabling her to fly around. She can reach a height of up to 300 m. Due to the degree of concentration required to maintain this technique, she is forced to cancel it should she use a skill that is T4 and above. Costs upkeep per turn to maintain. (Honestly, I do not know if this is possible. I will leave it for another staffer to look at, because I do not feel comfortable with it as a Skill. )

Tier 4 Skills:

Type Defense
Speed: 5 (Same Note as before) | Incoming attack's speed + 1
Description: Ritsu changes the vectors of an incoming attack and redirects it to a location of her choosing at a faster speed, longer range, and 1 tier higher power than it originally was.(Same note as the other Redirects and Returns)

View user profile

7 Re: Beku Beku no Mi on Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:33 pm

Ritz

Admirals
Admirals

See responses below. Everything else edited in first post. Appreciate if you could clarify which things are just questions and which ones you actually want added to the descriptions of stuff for the next round.

Magnus Dayne wrote:
Ritz wrote:
Tier 1 Skills:
Type Defense

(How is this done? Just by perceiving and adjusting it when it comes into the aura? No touch required to make the change? Tell me how the skills works.)  Yes this is done with a thought as soon as the attack enters the aura. I wanna say that this is something that comes naturally with the devil fruit power. In the same way any other fruit power that manipulates an element does so with a thought.

Type Normal

Type Normal
Description: Ritsu changes the vectors of gravity to slow down her descent should she fall down from a great height. She receives no damage from falling and lands safely. (Uhh, I don't really understand the point of this skill. Do you plan on jumping from tall building, mountains, and what not? Just seems like a waste of a Skill to me.) There are a lot of skills and situations where a character could take fall damage. This helps with that. If you are looking for a more direct synergy example, this also works in combination with the Flight skill in my T3 skills for situations where the Flight would have to be canceled.

Tier 2 Skills:

Type Defense (Put Offensive in addition to Defensive. The skill can easily be used for Offense.)
Speed: 3 (Probably needs to be 2. Since your Secondary is Speed not main Attribute. I am pretty sure projectiles move at a tier or two lower than your own speed) | Incoming attack's speed + 1
I double checked the attribute system and it says:
Attribute System wrote:
Speed - Still dependent on the nature of the Skill.
Primary - Skills can move at +1 or +2 Tiers above the Tier of the Skill.
Secondary - Skills can move at +1 Tiers above the Tier of the Skill or equal to.
Non-Prioritized - Skills can move at Speeds equal to the Tier of the Skill or 1 lower.
My Speed is Secondary. This power works at the speed of thought so I figured the +1 was justifiable. Let me know if you still disagree though and I'll adjust.

Description: Ritsu changes the vectors of an incoming attack and redirects it to a location of her choosing at a faster speed than it originally was. (Same note from Return Skill. How are you doing this? Perception and Thought? Perception and touch?) Same as Return

Tier: 1 (2)
Type Speed
Range: 30 m (15 Meters)

Type Normal
Description: Ritsu can change the vectors of a melee attack she performs such that force travels through a medium and resolves elsewhere from the original point of impact. (i.e. Ritsu punches the ground and changes the vectors of the impact such that it travels through the ground and resolves somewhere 20 m away) This skill only transmits the force and not any secondary effects. (So, you are simply moving the force of the force of the impact away from the Original spot. So if you hit someone int eh stomach would the force be transfer over to another part, like the Head for example? Thus making the head the point of impact while the Stomach is left unharmed?) Yes, that's one possible use.

Tier 3 Skills:

Type Defense
Speed: 4 (3 or 2. Same concept for the Speed. You have 3 in that attribute.) Same as previous note | Incoming attack's speed + 1
Description: Ritsu changes the vectors of an incoming attack and redirects it to a location of her choosing at a faster speed and longer range than it originally was. (Same note as the other Redirects and Returns) Same as Return

Type Normal
Speed: 4 (Own) It wouldn't be own cause she uses the fruit's powers to fly and not her own physical ability.
Description: Ritsu changes the vectors of the wind around her creating a small tornado that can lift her up and propel her, enabling her to fly around. She can reach a height of up to 300 m. Due to the degree of concentration required to maintain this technique, she is forced to cancel it should she use a skill that is T4 and above. Costs upkeep per turn to maintain. (Honestly, I do not know if this is possible. I will leave it for another staffer to look at, because I do not feel comfortable with it as a Skill. ) I'm not that sure what aspect of this ability you are doubting. Wind is also a moving object so it should be within the realm of her vector changing ability. Or is it that you are not sure if wind can lift a person?

Tier 4 Skills:

Type Defense
Speed: 5 (Same Note as before) Same as previous note | Incoming attack's speed + 1
Description: Ritsu changes the vectors of an incoming attack and redirects it to a location of her choosing at a faster speed, longer range, and 1 tier higher power than it originally was.(Same note as the other Redirects and Returns) Same as Return 

View user profile

8 Re: Beku Beku no Mi on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:03 am

Sabo.

Pappa Smexy
Pappa Smexy

Ritz wrote:Priority: Secondary
Skill Set Information:  Beku Beku no Mi is a Paramecia-type Devil Fruit that allows the user to change the vectors of an object and maneuver it in any way the user sees fit, making the user a Vector Changing Human. A vector, in this sense, is defined as an object that has a certain direction and magnitude that it is following. The Beku Beku no Mi enables the user to forcibly change or alter those directions or magnitude at will. The user is granted a circular aura that reaches out 1 meter from their body. This aura is simply used to show where the user has control over.

Aside from the aura, the user can also change vectors via Vector Plates which are applied to surfaces via touch. The plates appear as large arrows indicating the direction where an object will be redirected to should they enter a plate's area of effect.

Before we move down to skills. I want to tell you now that you will not be getting a aura for this, as that'd be a auto defense. If you want you can strictly stick with placing plates down on things by making contact with them. And when I say that I mean by you touching the w.e with your hands or feet, not just it touching any part of your body and you being able to make it just bounce off of you, unless you place a plate on yourself in that area prior.

9 Re: Beku Beku no Mi on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:30 am

Ritz

Admirals
Admirals

Thanks for clearing that up. It was the core concept of this idea so if it's a no go then I'll have to try something else.

It was good to know a bit more about the limits of allowable powers on the site. Hope my next idea works out better.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum