One Piece Pirate Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
One Piece Pirate Nation

AU One Piece Roleplay

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» SHOP
The Start of Adventure EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:00 pm by Admin

» NPC Template
The Start of Adventure EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 1:05 am by Pain

» [Task] Aqua Laguna
The Start of Adventure EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 1:08 am by Adri Sakna

» Return to baltigo
The Start of Adventure EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 am by Hecate

» Dinner amongst friends [Flashback] [Hecate Only]
The Start of Adventure EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 10:06 pm by Isabella

» [Task] Public Service Announcement
The Start of Adventure EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:31 pm by Siegfried

» Shadow Vs Hiroko
The Start of Adventure EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:03 pm by Jui$y Crow

» Finishing the Job
The Start of Adventure EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm by Bojack

» Mission Briefing (Task)
The Start of Adventure EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:21 pm by Renji Vinsmoke

Top posting users this week
No user

Statistics
We have 1108 registered users
The newest registered user is Roku

Our users have posted a total of 65940 messages in 8693 subjects
Affiliates
Our Button

Vote For Us

Affiliates

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Start of Adventure Empty The Start of Adventure Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:54 pm

Futura Free

Pirates
Pirates

Futura Free
Spoiler:

SUSANOO

If the youth was aware of what pile of shit he was going to step in today, he surely would have stayed out of trouble. Sadly he hadn't the ability to forecast such a thing nor did the wisest soul in existence. Nonetheless, what the brown skinned miscreant did know was that he needed some Beli to buy into a new gambling ring that was opening up down by the docks where the pirates loitered at. For that reason he walked around Ohara with his sweaty palms stuffed in his pockets, a nervous expression that included shifty eyes, and an apple flavored sucker in his pouting mouth. Of course he had his usual things with him that included his Gunbai, slingshot, and ammo. These tools, more specifically the Gunbai made him well known around Ohara given how big the item was. What he was well known for though was being a helpful spirit, though a few rumors floated around about his sharp tongue.

He was currently saving money to buy supplies for a ship, but honestly the honest life wasn't paying off. At least not fast enough for his liking. How am I supposed to become a Pirate if I don't even commit crimes? He pulled one of his moist hands out of his pockets and put it to his chin in a thoughtful manner as his eyes subconsciously scrolled down to the ground. Not sulking, but in thought as he kept an eye on the heels of the person he was walking behind in the crowded shopping district. If I commit a crime I'll get a bounty though . . . I'm only 17. What good would a price on my head do me?

He sighed in such a way his stresses were noticed by someone who was walking beside him. "Oh my! You're the helpful little brown boy going around doing odd end favors for everyone aren't you? If you are still looking for work, you could come by my house some time." Susanoo looked up to who was talking to him to see a middle aged woman who was a little too bright for how Susanoo was feeling at the moment. It pissed him off a little bit, especially when she called him little brown boy, that always pissed him off. "Can you stop talking to me. I'm thinking about my future right now and you're being annoying." The lady stopped in her tracks with a shocked and offended expression on her face. Susanoo continued to walk forward with his hand on his chin and eyes back down to the heels of who was in front of him.

What if I commit a crime and don't get caught? He mulled over the possible crimes he could commit, but modestly stayed with small offenses that'd give him the least amount of jail time if he got caught. That's it, I'm going to pick pocket someone! Finally, he took his eyes off the heels of the person in front of him, a look of determination on his face, but it immediately dissolved when he saw a loaded purse hanging on the woman's shoulder in front of him. In an act of shame he took his eyes off the purse and put his hands in his pockets. Taking a deep breath, he reaffirmed his stance on the matter and goal to become a pirate. "Ahhhhhhhhhh!" He shouted as he rushed forward not only pushing people over and out the way with his arms, but also with his enormous war fan that extended off his fram. Barreling straight into the woman, he grabbed her purse and ran her right over forcing the purse off her arm as he did so.

Obviously it wasn't the most covert purse snatch in all of history, but surely it wasn't the worst either. The purse was in his hands and he was well on his way to an alleyway in between two of the buildings. Icing him down in a cold sweat however was the sound of whistles blowing from behind him. "YOU THERE! STOP YOU'RE UNDER ARREST!" The Marines shouted at him from behind and in Susanoo's mind the sound of their footsteps seemed as if hundreds were pursuing him. FUCK! Adrenaline scorched his chilled body and kept his legs steady moving. He knew for a fact his identity wasn't a secret given his huge ass war fan and the fact everyone knew him as "lil brown boy", so covering his face wasn't even on his mind. I'll have to kill them. The thought alone scared him and made him lose his footing a bit as he nearly tripped cutting the corner to enter the alley. Holy shit! He moved the purse's strap to his mouth and gripped it with his teeth as he ran. His hand that was now freed moved to his hip where his slingshot and pack of marbles resided. If they report this to their boss, Admirals will come and kill me! He was now regretting stealing the purse, but figured it was too late to turn back now.

Stopping in the alleyway, he turned to face the marines who were chasing him seeing five in number. Putting on a front of confidence he motioned his head up and opened his mouth to sling the purse up and around his neck. Swinging out his left hand, he hooked it back to himself with a thumb pointing to his chest and bravely exclaimed, "I'm Susanoo! This is my declaration of piracy!" He wasn't looking to scare the marines, more so to fool himself into actually being tough and ready to fight these guys. Surprisingly enough, it worked.

His right hand had opened his holster for his marbles while he shouted and he readied one in a flicking position with his middle finger and thumb. "This pirate crap is getting out of hand. Just give us the purse back and I'm sure you can get out of this wi- Ow!" Susanoo flicked the marble at the Marine and it struck him right in the center of the forehead. With how dimly lit the alley was and since the marbles were clear, he doubted the Marines even saw the marble sail through the air. "That's my invisible bullet technique. One of the weakest in my arsenal. I suggest you count this as a loss and go home." He gave a toothy grin with his sucker bound between his teeth. "Is this a marble?" One of the Marines squatted down, picked it up, and examined it after the bounce against the concrete gave it away. Fuck

"Well since you won't run, I'll just have to do what Pirates do." With his left hand he grabbed the sucker out his mouth and lobbed it at the marines as fast as he could. This time they dodged it, but it was just something to buy him time while he readied his slingshot with a marble. "This time you won't be able to just rub the pain away. Last war-" "Enough of this, get him!" Cutting Susanoo off, one of the Marines gave the order and all five charged at the youth. You asked for it. He closed one eye to get a sure shot and fired his slingshot. A shot in the forehead or most placed would hurt, but the pain was tolerable after the initial impact subsided. However a shot at the shin, right on the bone, would be hindering. This was especially true if it was the forefront Marine.

Hit right on the shin bone, he keeled over reflexively to nurse the pain causing him to fall. In turn those behind him tripped over him except one Marine who stopped before falling. "Little shit!" Susanoo wasted no time after firing that shot off to turn tail and run deeper into the alleyway away from the marines. As a precaution he grabbed a generous sum of marbles out his pack and dropped them on the alley floor as a deterrent. Even if they were noticed, they would buy the teen a bit of time in his get away effort which ultimately was successful.

[Exit]

2The Start of Adventure Empty Re: The Start of Adventure Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:25 pm

Futura Free

Pirates
Pirates

Futura Free
Spoiler:

SUSANOO

Finally he could stop running. He hunched over with his hands on his knees and sweat dripping down to the ground. His legs ached, his legs burned, and this purse wasn't his color at all. But alas, he could stop running. Truth be told he probably lost the Marines about an hour ago, but with this being Susanoo's first crime he was going a bit above and beyond with the whole get away. "Haha!" He celebrated his escape by lifting up holding both his hands high in the air as if he had just won a boxing match for a title. While maybe he heard fanfares in his head, in reality he heard snickering and jesting from a much more mature and ripened crowd of criminals. "Is this the little boy going around running errands everyone is talking about?" This comment broke Susanoo out of his trance of glory and back into his usual wayward way of operating. Hardening his eyes, he looked at the one who was joking on him, well . . . the one he heard, because the whole crowd was joking on him. "This errand boy just committed his first robbery, assaulted five marines, and lived to tell the tale." He walked forward confidently as these loiterers were guarding the entrance to the gambling ring. "Ohhhh, the birth of a pirate. Finally got your feet wet aye?" Susanoo nodded with a stoic expression as if he were looking down upon his own crew-mates who were applauding him for saving their lives. While he was soaking it in, he was modest about his achievement. "It wasn't much, just knocked down a-" "My first offense was a double murder. Burned the whole village to the ground after to make an escape in the chaos." Susanoo instantly stopped talking and his eyes shifted over to the one who had shared with the group who was now laughing and being nostalgic. Needless to say the youth felt a little less on top of the world. That guy is at least forty, he probably committed that murder a year or two ago. "Ahh, that was in the News Coo about 20 years and some change ago. Logue Town right?" The pirate nodded and flashed and disgusting smile that showed few teeth. The teeth that were still in his mouth weren't in a smile worthy condition.

"Well . . ." The laughter and chatter died down as Susanoo demanded their attention and shuffled through the purse that dangled around his neck. "I'd like to enter the ring." He withdrew the appropriate amount of Beli notes and handed them to the doorman, which made a few bystanders chuckle. Undoubtedly it was because of the purse. "What muscleless broad did you manage to wrestle that from?" "I assumed he stole it from his mother" Susanoo rubbed the bridge of his nose with closed eyes in an irritated manner as the doorman counted the Beli he was handed. "Going to need about fifty more." Susanoo's eyes opened and an expression of confusion and disbelief painted his face. "Why's that?" "This establishment serves alcohol and you don't look of legal age to me." Susanoo's face now evolved to one that portrayed a hint of anger. "Ahhh you got the young lady all riled up. Let her slide and put it on my tab." Susanoo didn't know how to feel about the name calling, but figured it was ok since he was allowed to enter the ring. "Tell your mother I'll be over tonight in exchange ahahahahaha!" While he had the nerve to fight back at this point, he was finally granted entrance so he wouldn't blow it by retaliating with force. After all it'd draw a crowd of innocents and Susanoo was a wanted man now, he couldn't be reckless anymore. "Sure, just make sure you take your panties home with you next time." Out of the purse (he had done a bit of scouring through it prior) he withdrew a pair of panties that the victim apparently packed for God knows what, maybe a dick appointment. Nonetheless he flung them at the disrespectful pirate which got him the last laugh as he entered the gambling room.

3The Start of Adventure Empty Re: The Start of Adventure Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:42 pm

Futura Free

Pirates
Pirates

Futura Free

SUSANOO

Finally Susanoo was done with the childish back and forth with the pirates out front and he was inside the gambling ring. This is what he had become wanted for. This was the story he'd tell his children and grandchildren should he not die a valiant death in battle against eh World Government at sea. After his first "heist" he and his massive balls went and bet it all in a bout of gambling like a true man would. That's what he'd tell them of course. What he'd do was completely different. Like the bottom feeder he was he stayed in the back while the real men and rowdy pirates bumped elbows and shoved and shouted and pushed and cursed over the clashing armored warriors in the ring. Burning up with fighting spirit they scarred the others armor as they jabbed and grappled with each other. Neither backed down. The only direction these gladiators knew was forward, preferably literally into the interior of their opposition.

Call it a side effect of alcohol and male hormones, but those who watched the fighters that were actually beetles no bigger than Susanoo's hand, were losing their shit over the child's game. It reminded Susanoo a lot of when he and his friends would tame and train jumping fish to bet the only valuables they had, candy. Sure this was a bit more violent, but at the end of the day it was just two beetles running into each other and trying to flip the other out the ring. ''KABUTO!!!! SHOW THEM WHAT WE'VE TRAINED FOR!!!" One of the men shouted, apparently the owner of one of the beetles and in response another man shouted, who assumably owned the other fighter. "THIS IS YOUR TIME TO SHINE IZANAGI! USE THE SECRET MOVE!" At hearing "secret move" Susanoo's interest was peeked. Not only was it a secret move, but was this man attempting to give a beetle a command? Had he actually trained the beetle to take commands? Did it know how to sit? More than likely it did, because maybe by sheer luck, but when this man gave his screeching command, his beetle dug low with its horn despite being at the edge of the ring. Then using the oppositions weight and force coming towards it, it flipped it right over its head into the air. Every eyeball in the room was pinned on this airborne beetle, it was unbelievable. Maybe it was because he was so invested or maybe it really happened, but the room seemed to go silent as this beetle was vaulted through the air until it landed on its back on the ground right in front of Susanoo's feet.

No alcohol needed, the youth let out a thunderous roar that was barely heard with the many other yells of excitement and defeat that boomed. Just like that, Susanoo was sold on the idea of betting on beetle fights and he unzipped the purse that still hung around his neck and walked up to the betting stand and put his money on the winner of the last fight. Right there amongst the drunkards and smelly men, Susanoo threw elbows and shouted with his fist raised at the insects that clashed on a miniature scale on a small round table in front of them. "POKE HIS EYE OUT. GET HIM. USE THE SECRET MOVE!!!" Matches went on and Susanoo felt like he had found true balance in his life and he was finally walking the path he was meant to. All he had to do was gather the guts to jump right into the life of criminal activity and now he felt like a king. He couldn't lose and what he saw it as was the grace of the Gods. He always saw himself as a lucky soul, but today it was really paying off, literally. In this moment he was the star of the room. The bartender was even serving him drinks, though he was obviously underaged, but who gave a damn they were criminals. With some liquid courage he was even speaking to women who were probably prostitutes, albeit they were pretty ones, and buying them drinks with some of his winnings. Just winning was okay with a lot of the patrons, but now that Susanoo was hitting on woman and actually making ground with them too, he had crossed the line.

"Hey! Who the fuck is this kid and why does he keep winning every match?" The chatter began to die down after the man said this, but Susanoo hadn't heard him and was still talking to one of the women he had his arm around at the bar. "So then I flick this Marine right between his eyes and he falls over unconscious. Boom, just like that." He was so caught up in joking and so buzzed his eyes were closed and he hadn't noticed the woman he was talking to wasn't even paying attention to him. Not until she slipped herself out from underneath his arm at least. "Hey where you go-" A man who was much larger than him stepped up and casted a shadow on him and began to instantly sober the youth up. "So what's your secret? How do you keep winning. You a Devil Fruit user or something?" Upon saying Devil Fruit a murmur swept the room and Susanoo figured he'd try his hand at playing a Devil Fruit user to get out of the situation. "I am." An even louder wave of murmurs went through the room when he said this and he gave it time to sink in. "Oh yeah? And what fruit did you eat?" Susanoo had a bit of room to spare, so he hopped out his stool putting himself right up against the brute in front of him. Not the tallest there was, Susanoo wasn't even half the man's size, but liked his odds better when his feet were on the ground and not dangly from a bar stool. This way he could run, because there was no way in hell he was fighting this guy. "I ate the Luck Luck Fruit." Eyebrows raised, glances were exchanged, whispers trickled into ears, but all attention inevitably came back to Susanoo in due time. "I'm actually looking for a Pirate crew to help out. Free of charge. Just need a change of environment you know? Who wouldn't want a man with the Devil's Luck on their side?" Finally he had set off the dynamite that was waiting to explode. With his last comment the room of pirates went nuts and people came charging at him from all angles with their hands raised while shouting for his attention. This is my chance.

4The Start of Adventure Empty Re: The Start of Adventure Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:11 pm

Futura Free

Pirates
Pirates

Futura Free

SUSANOO

Figuring he'd put his luck to the test Susanoo dug his hand in his container of marbles and spilled a nice amount of them out onto the floor. This of course caused more than a bundle of people to spill onto the floor with the marbles. With all the people shoving and throwing limbs about even the brute that was in front of Susanoo had his composure shaken and he fell and joined thirsty pirates on the floor leaving Susanoo alone standing in that small area around him. Shit this is actually working. He was beginning to wonder if he did accidentally eat a Devil Fruit and it just so happened to be the Luck Luck Fruit, because things were really going his way today. "AHHHHHH MY BACK! Fucking marbles!?"

People groaned in agony too and when someone mentioned marbles, Susanoo's guise was beginning to fade away. "Someone grab that kid!" And just like that, he was reminded he was a wanted man, but not for reasons he liked to imagine that included the women he was talking to just moments ago. Jumping up and back, he lithely landed on the bar stool he was once sitting on, but his liquid courage made him a drunken klutz. With horrible balance the stool tipped over to one side and he began to fall only to have someone grab his hand before he hit the floor and probably lost consciousness and got grabbed up. "I gotcha." It was a brown skinned youth around his age who had reached from the other side of the bar and saved him. "That's right, hold him still!" A pirate was headed his way with a blade drawn. Now Susanoo wasn't sure whose team the youth was on, but he didn't want to wait to find out. Like a wet cat he spazzed and wrangled out of the youth's grip. He still dropped onto the floor, but it wasn't as far of a drop so he was fine. Trying to get to his feet, from over the counter another youth came, but this one with a sword. It was a rusty slab of metal, but it could still function as a sword . . . shit it was probably more menacing than a normal sword. That thing would definitely give someone an infection.

"No one touches the Devil Fruit user. He's joining me!" Pirate began to close in on the armed youth enclosing him in a circle and just as they yelled to signal their charge an arrow flew through the air and pierced one of them in the neck. "Shit!" Susanoo had seen a dead body before, but it definitely wasn't as fresh as this one, or soon to be one. Falling over gurgling his own blood with an arrow sticking out his neck, everyone stopped in their tracks. The air in the room was now quickly evolving. It wasn't just grabbing up a lucky kid anymore, someone had just died, so more than likely he wouldn't be the only one losing his life today. Now on his ass with his back pressed against the bar, Susanoo tried to get himself up on his legs while everyone figured out what was going on and an archer made her presence known from the wooden beams overhead. Like a cat she jumped from beam to beam until she landed lightly on the countertop of the bar. All eyes on her, the rusty swordsman, and the brown skinned youth that wasn't Susanoo. "Come this way, while they act as a distraction." Someone tugged on Susanoo's arm and he had to stop himself from making a noise that conveyed how spooked he was. After all that wasn't a very cool thing to do.

Who he saw, the sleeve tugger, was a small child, maybe six or seven years old. Susanoo didn't know who he was, but he didn't care. The kid had a way out, Susanoo wanted it. "Lupe?! At a time like this? And to kill a man in cold blood? You've got some fucking nerve, but it's about time someone put you and your clan of brats in place." Slowly but surely, Susanoo and the child made their way to the entrance via crawling and soon enough things went berserk. It was beyond a typical bar fight, it was actual combat and it just wasn't the whole bar versus these young kids, it was just all out carnage. "Who are you kid?" Susanoo shouted over all the ruckus. "I'm Lupe's brother. He sent me to rescue you." Lupe? That was the rusty swordsman. Susanoo usually wasn't interested in paying debts, but this guy was really saving his neck, so Susanoo would have the guy's back. "Keep going ahead to the entrance kid. I forgot something." Susanoo didn't even wait to see if the kid listened to him and went ahead, before he stood up and finally grasped at the Gunbai on his back. Far too little space to actually wield the war fan, he simply dislodged the Clima-Tact portion of the weapon. Separating the Clima-Tact into two portions, one hand had two sections of the Clima-Tact and the other hand had one. He then began producing a heat ball which he sustained to heat up the atmosphere in the sweaty ass rowdy bar. As some of the pirates tried to attack him he used his free hand Clima Tact that had two sections to hit them with a Thunder Ball a.k.a. his Taser. With superior reach he zapped Pirates to the floor with but a touch, but soon enough he didn't have to anymore.

Steam visibly emanating from the Heat Ball meant it was ready. With finesse he twirled the two section Clima-Tact over so he could use the Cool Ball. Forging this Cool Ball he pressed it into the steaming Heat Ball which sprayed out as a veil of mist covering all within 20m of Susanoo in a blanket of white. Vision severely hampered in the mist field, Susanoo's trained eyes could luckily see through it more than others could. Quickly he located his saviors and grabbed at them for them to follow him. A few more bodies fell in the veil of the mist as the group made their escape. Some from the rusty swordsman and some from Susanoo's taser.

[Exit]
Skills:

5The Start of Adventure Empty Re: The Start of Adventure Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:49 pm

Futura Free

Pirates
Pirates

Futura Free
Spoiler:

SUSANOO

Together the five youths came bustling out of the gambling ring. The ones who were outside watching the door before having went inside and gotten mixed up in the chaos. "We can't stop now lets keep going!" The one who spoke was the rusty swordsman who ironically had rusty red hair. Not bothering to stop and ask questions Susanoo kept up with the teens and little boy and ran to wherever it was they were going. As he saw it either he stayed in the gambling ring and got killed or he followed these guys and got killed. At least this way he'd be alive a little bit longer. He also got to sneak peeks at the girl in their group as he was the laggard of the group since he was following. "Where are we going?" "Ask questions later. Worry about running right now." "Run from what?" "Them." The brown skin youth turned to Susanoo who had to advert his eyes off the females rear quickly to meet his gaze which then wandered to beyond Susanoo. As if his gaze willed them into existence there were the steps of Marines behind them and hot on their tails.

"Holy shit. When did they get behind us." "You're really that oblivious and you've been lasting as a pirate alone?" "He did say he ate the Luck Luck Fruit." The little boy chimed in after his rusty headed brother which annoyed Susanoo. He wasn't the biggest fan of little kids. "Shut up brat. I didn't eat no Devil Fruit . . . I was bluffing." The last part was said with a bit of shame, but it got him laughter from all but the little boy who was salty for being told to shut up. "You're quite the liar. You had us sold." Susanoo felt good about himself when he heard the girl say that even though it was about all in attendance. To be honest right now, he could careless about all the males. He was only trying to wow her. "Let me show you the real reason I've been able to survive as a Pirate for so long." Thinking with the head in his pants as opposed to shoulders, he came to a skidding halt and he turned to face the Marines that were pursuing them. The others stopped to, though they remained on their guard, unsure if Susanoo actually had something up his sleeve or he was just being foolish.

"This is why I'm called the God of Storms!" In a dramatic manner he took the Gunbai off his back from over his shoulder with one hand as if it were a great sword. The Marines stopped about 8m away from him with their swords drawn and in a defensive stance. He thought about pulling off some more scare tactics to make him seem more amazing than he probably already looked, but then the thought of how foolish he looked trying to be cool sank into his mind and shattered his image of his own confidence. Fuck I'm embarrassing myself. Though he lost mental composure, he kept physical composure in the corporeal realm and he reeled his Gunbai back like it was a baseball bat, but then he leapt forward charging at the Marines. They then charged at him, but he stopped his lunge forward short. About 3m still in between him and the Marines, he didn't land to stop his charge, but he attacked. Swinging his mighty fan forward into the empty space, he released a powerful gust of wind that slammed into the Marines and occupied the whole width of the road they were on. Like big bulldozer, all of the Marines were pushed back and sent flying down the road in a bundle like tumbleweed. Susanoo allowed himself to be propelled gently backwards from this burst of wind and it landed it him safely back where he had first turned around to face the Marines.

Putting his Gunbai on his back, he turned with a grimace on his face towards his shocked allies. "Holy shit you're strong!" The rusty haired one was first to express his exclaim, then the one Susanoo cared about most was next. "Wow Lupe, you really know how to pick 'em. Good job!" All of this was said to Lupe and no compliment was given to Susanoo on his performance that she actually inspired. He didn't let it show, but he was a bit hurt. "That was amazing. Is that what you used in the gambling ring too?" Susanoo nodded modestly, a bit deflated because of the girl failing to give him at least a verbal pat on the back. The little kid gave him nothing. Though his mouth was basically wide open, he didn't want to even look at Susanoo since he told him to shut up earlier. "Alright we'll celebrate later. Lets get a move on."

Spoiler:

6The Start of Adventure Empty Re: The Start of Adventure Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:03 pm

Futura Free

Pirates
Pirates

Futura Free

SUSANOO

Just as this was said, some Marines came from around the corner and blocked off the direction they were headed. "What do we do now big brother?" Lupe drew his rusty sword, the girl readied her bow and arrow, and the brown skinned guy readied his fist. "You got another one of those gust of wind in you?" This was obviously directed at Susanoo who was already hightailing it in the other direction he had blown the last bunch of Marines. "No!" He had already put a parlor trick to use in the Gambling Ring and that shot with the war fan was also a bit taxing. With that the rest of the teens fell in line behind him running away from the now chasing Marines. To add to the chaos pirates from the gambling ring had also rounded a corner down the street that was now in front of the teens. Fuck, this is bad. I don't want to die! Susanoo thought nervously to himself as the other brown skinned teen in attendance took the helm of the formation. "Turn down this alleyway. They're so many of them, they'll have to slow down to fit." Susanoo's face expressed a bit of astonishment at how sharp of a thinker the guy was in such a pressing time. Not daring to question what he said, he and the rest followed him down the narrow alleyway. They had to shuffle with their backs and stomachs facing the walls to make it through, Susanoo cursing the presence of his Gunbai at this moment. "If this thing gets any tighter, Imma get stuck!" "Shut up and move!'' The little boy pushed him from his side, having an easy time moving since he had yet to grow much. "Be quiet brat, I haven't seen you do anything yet!" The two continued to bicker for a while until the female finally grew tired of it. "Both of you shut the hell up and focus on moving forward. The Pirates and Marines are both squeezing in." "HUH!?" Susanoo tried to turn his head the other way to see behind him, but he couldn't manage to in such a tight space, but her words did manage to light a fire under his ass and get him moving.

"There's an exit coming up, I can see it, keep moving." "Make it fast, they are catching up on us!" FUCK FUCK FUCK! They kept shifting and shimmying through until they finally made it to the other side out in open space. Taking a moment to pat himself down and make sure all his bones and joints were in their proper place, everyone else awaited the rusty swordsman to squeeze through. "Maybe if you didn't have that stupid fan we would have made it faster." Just as Susanoo opened his mouth to speak, he was silenced. "That's enough. Head to the docks, there is a place we can hide there." The rusty haired swordsman, wasted no time at all after getting through the narrow alleyway and began running for the docks.

7The Start of Adventure Empty Re: The Start of Adventure Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:53 am

Futura Free

Pirates
Pirates

Futura Free

SUSANOO

Fade to black for the one time and the group had made it to the docks, but it wasn't what they were expecting. It was Marine infested and there was still the troop of Marines and pirate gamblers coming from behind them. "Shit, we're sandwiched." They all came to a skidding halt while the Marines to their front readied themselves. The squad of them had ships to their backs which Susanoo eyed thoughtfully. "We need to hijack the ship." He said it in a low tone, so that he wouldn't be overheard by the Marines to their fronts, but his plan wasn't met with the response he was hoping for. "That'd be crazy. Besides that, none of us know how to steer a ship." The stampeding steps of the pirates and marines coming from the group's back began to grow louder and louder as the amount of time they had lessened and lessened. "If you're going to be a pirate you got to do pirate things right?" Susanoo gave the rusty haired swordsman a daring look as the rest of the group looked at Susanoo then their leader, eager to hear his call.

"Besides . . . I can steer a ship." He turned his attention back forward to the Marines who slowly crept forward and spread their formation to try to cut off escape routes though their presence was enough. "We don't have much time Lupe. If you're going to make a call, you should do it soon." The woman in the group and the brown skin one turned to face the entities coming from behind the group leaving Susanoo, Lupe, and the little kid facing forward. "Are you sure you can steer?" Susanoo kept his facade up. He had never steered a ship that was the size of a standard marine vessel before, but he'd have to eventually right? "Yeah, I've handled bigger actually. Getting aboard will be the biggest challenge." Lupe nodded and drew his rusty katana and his little brother pulled out his pocket knife. "Put that away Vaan. Your priority is getting aboard that ship when an opening presents itself. . . . Leave the Marines to us."

"If you sheathe your weapons and surrender, we'll turn you in without use of force." "Fat chance of that being true." The group of pirate gamblers and marines had finally arrived, their own stand off now ensuing as they came to a halting stop. There were now four groups involved. All of them were in a row leading to the docks with the two groups of marines sandwiching the pirates. "Hey bozos." Lupe called out over his shoulder to the group of pirates. "What do you want brat." Susanoo withdrew his Gunbai in preparation for a battle that seemed inevitable. I should have never stole that damn purse. "If you want to get out of this without getting caught, follow our lead." For someone who was just skeptical on Susanoo's plan, Lupe was now oozing with confidence as he tried to get the pirates who were once at their necks on board with the plan.

"Lets see what you youngins' got then." Lupe smirked and shifted his eyes over to Susanoo who returned the glance of acknowledgement with a nod signaling he was ready. "Good, just make sure you keep up!" As he said this he took off towards the marines who were closest to the ships at the docks. The brown skinned male and the woman instantly turned around and began to back him up. The fist fighter of course charged in, but the female walked forward steadily as she drew her bow with an arrow notched in it then fired. Dammit! Adrenaline piloted his body involuntarily and Susanoo followed Lupe into the troop of Marines. What am I going? I'm a ranged fighter. The sight of the Marines readying their blades to attack drenched Susanoo's body in cold sweat, but he didn't back down as it was too late now. "SHIT!" As he shouted he swung his Gunbai, but in a horizontal fashion so the body of the fan was parallel with the ground. Using the thick iron rim of the war fan as a bludgeoning tool, it clashed with the blade of a marine sword and Susanoo found himself in a deadlock. What the fuck am I doing?!

He never thought he'd find himself in such a situation. Well he did, but for it to finally be happening was more frightening than it was fulfilling. Was he really ready for this lifestyle?

In this deadlock his peripherals worked to spot another Marine coming from his flank with a sword slash. Shit I can't move fast enough to counter. Even if he did the one he was locked with would be able to cut him down as well. Sealing his eyes shut and gritting his teeth, he felt a sharp pain in his arm and heard a thud. The pain only lasted for a moment, but upon opening his eyes he noticed he was unharmed and he had imagined the pain. The brown skinned teen, Rakim had came in with a flying kick right to the attacking marines jaw sending him rolling on the ground. "No time to slack." He didn't even look over to Susanoo as he spoke. He just rushed forward to his next victim, he was definitely accustomed to combat.

"Damn pirates!" The Marine he was locked with summoned his attention with this expression. It was the first time Susanoo had been called a pirate and it would certainly stick with him for a while. Pushing his Gunbai's iron rim into the marines sword with more strength he became conscious of the situation he was in. I'm really fighting Marines right now. This is a battle. Winning and losing was no longer just something that was only relevant for the duration of a game and a few minutes after. Losing here could alter the whole course of his life. It could mean imprisonment, it could mean he'd lose a limb, it could mean death, it was all so real to him now. "I CAN'T FUCKING LOSE!" As he shouted he mustered up an unknown reserve of strength he didn't know he had and he overpowered the Marine he was locked with. Then without another thought right after pushing the man back and causing him to stumble, he reeled his Gunbai back once more and swung it at the Marine hitting him right in the collarbone. He could feel the bones crunch from the force of the blow as the iron rim of the gunbai collided with him causing him to respond to Susanoo's shout with his own yell out of pain.

The strength in his legs fleeting, with only a few wobbles, the marine fell to the ground unconscious from the pain. Susanoo stood there for a moment looking down at the incapacitated Marine soaking in the reality of what he was doing and had just done. He even tried to fool himself into thinking he had killed the man to see how it would sting, but he wasn't granted the time. "Pick your head up brat, this is a fight!" One of the older pirates that were apart of the gambler's party had rushed by him with an axe in hand. This man snapped Susanoo out his trance and reminded him he needed to keep pressing forward to the ship. "Everyone board the ship. Ranged fighters get aboard first and offer the rest of us some cover." Susanoo looked over to the shouting Lupe to see him clutching his arm that was dripping with blood, but also noticed his katana dripped with blood. MOVE He mentally shouted to himself, adrenaline no longer forcing his feet and arms to combat the law.

With this mental command he assumed conscious control of his body again and began to run forward passed the fighting and over the few bodies. "Lupe I made it!" The call drew Susanoo's attention yet again, but he didn't stop running. It was the rusty haired swordsman's younger brother shouting at him from aboard the ship. He frantically waved his arms to get his brothers attention, but succeeded in getting basically everyone's attention. "They're trying to take the ship!" With that the Marines seemed to gain a second wind and they noticeably made it a priority to move towards the ship even as they were fighting.

Arriving at the body of the ship Susanoo looked around in a nervous manner. "How the fuck did you get up there?!" He shouted to the young boy already aboard the ship who ran over to Susanoo's location and looked down at him before responding. "There's a ladder over there! I'll move it closer!" Susanoo half expected the kid to give him a smart ass remark, but got a good response. "Glad to see our Navigator made it." The woman in Lupe's group, Kyte, smirked at Susanoo as she came to a stop. "Don't just stand there waiting for the boy, start shooting." She turned to face the battlefield as she readied an arrow from her quiver. Susanoo nodded affirmatively and put away his Gunbai in exchange for his Slingshot. Digging in his pouch of marbles on his hip, he withdrew five at a time and prepped them in the sling. "Five at a time?" Susanoo didn't look at Kyte, he just closed one eye as he focused on balancing and aiming each of the marbles while he also picked out five targets. Releasing the shots they rocketed off at blaring speeds towards their targets, each hitting a Marine in the head.

"I'm a man with many talents." He gave her a smirk as he notched a single marble in the sling and aimed at a Marine that was headed there way. "Pretty accurate too." Kyte notched three arrows and fired them at once piercing the incoming Marine in the chest and two others off in the distance. "Pretty lethal." Susanoo's tone was a bit melancholy as he saw the Marines fall to their knees or the ground as they clutched at their blood soaked wounds. "It's kill or be killed. You should know that, as experienced as you are." Susanoo nodded in a seldom manner as he fired off his shot and disarmed a Marine who was about to cut down a pirate. "Yeah." "Sorry I took so long! It's heavy!" Susanoo, Kyte, and another pirate who had a pistol looked up at the boy as he hoisted an iron rung ladder bound by rope over the bow of the ship. "Is it secure?" The Pirate called out as he gave the ladder a few tugs to which the youngster gave a thumbs up. Without further ado, the pirate began to climb the ladder. Next was Kyte. "I'll keep up the cover fire, while you guys get situated up top." She nodded and Susanoo continued to fire off marbles in a non-lethal manner to help the pirates make their way to the ship.

"They're shooting now. You can board!" Susanoo fired off one last shot, then grabbed onto the ladder with his slingshot still in hand. Climbing the rungs, he hopped aboard the ship, the wooden deck thumping under his weight as he landed. This is make it or break it right here. He tried to veil his nervousness as he looked around for the wheel of the ship. Locating it, he put his slingshot away and jogged up to the young boy, Vaan. "Lend me your pocket knife, I'm going to drop the sails." The boy frisked himself quickly before withdrawing the knife and handing it over to Susanoo. Climbing up the mast, he cut a few ropes which caused the sails of the ship to drop. This snatched many heads on the battlefield causing them to look at the ship, then key onto Susanoo, who stood on one of the horizontal beams of wood on the mast. "Start boarding!" The way he shouted was as if he was the Captain of this despicable compilation of pirates. He wouldn't be disappointed if this was his crew though. Kyte was busy firing her bow and arrow, covering their allies along with now two other pirates, one with a pistol and one with a rifle. "Vaan!" Susanoo began to climb down from the mast like a small chimp or squirrel. It was something he had did maybe once or twice before, but the deftness he executed the climb down with would fool one into thinking he had been on the seas for years. "Oi!" The boy called out in response as he scrambled to the base of the mast in wait for Susanoo to land. Dropping down safely the last few feet, he quickly returned the boy's pocket knife and gave him one last order.

"When enough people get aboard, tell them to raise the anchor." The boy saluted Susanoo, seemingly inspired by his professional like movements and confidence. "Yes sir!" Walking away with his back to everyone for the first time in a long time, Susanoo finally dropped the mask of confidence he had on his face and let his anxiety show in the form of wide eyes and a breathy sigh through his teeth. I just hope I don't run us into a reef. He chuckled nervously to himself as he assumed his position at the wheel of the ship, but before grasping the wheel he dug in his pocket to retrieve on last thing.

A small sucker to ease his nerves was definitely a necessity right now. Unraveling the unmarked wrapper off the head of the sucker, he sighed as he knew what flavor it was based off the color of the candy. Despite this he played with the cards he was dealt with and put the sucker in his mouth then confidently gripped the wheel of the ship. Sour Apple. Just my luck.

[Exit]
Spoiler:

8The Start of Adventure Empty Re: The Start of Adventure Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:17 am

Futura Free

Pirates
Pirates

Futura Free
Spoiler:

SUSANOO

"You youngins' ain't too bad." A familiar pirate who happened to be the doorman of the gambling establishment took a load off and sat down on the deck of the ship. As he did so he sighed in a manner that showed he felt comfortable and that all his worries were gone. Susanoo didn't pay much mind to him as he was focused on steering the ship. Where he was steering it, he had no clue. He didn't have a map, but someone was off searching the vessel for one. In the meantime the Marine vessel cruised smoothly through the West Blue.

Lupe scoffed at the lounging pirates words with a shake of his head and a hand placed gently on the shaking appendage for the duration of the momentary shake. Walking up the stairs of the vessel, he approached Susanoo and slid a hand over his shoulder as he steered the boat through waves that seemed so inferior now. "So I gotta ask, because the way this turned out is unbelievable." Susanoo turned his head to face Lupe, his sucker in the corner of his mouth, the expression on his face curious and patient. "Hm?" "The Luck Luck Fruit . . . Did you really eat it? Susanoo looked back forward and put a finger to his chin mulling over his options and Lupe pulled his arm off of his shoulder and walked forward to a spot in front of Susanoo, but against the rim of the ship. "If it was a bluff, then you must have the favor of the Gods on your side or something." Susanoo chuckled as he liked the sound of that. "Then consider me cherished by the divines." Susanoo gave a jesting shrug, then put his hands back on the wheel of the ship.

All of this just caused Lupe to again shake his head, but in a more amused manner than before. Just as this was happening the rest of his group stepped up on the same platform he and Susanoo and he were on. Accompanying them was one of the older pirates and the one Susanoo sent to find a map. "So what's the plan from here on out." The older pirate asked Susanoo which the youth found funny since he wasn't really in charge of the operation. In turn he gave a nod in Lupe's direction which adverted the pirates attention to the aforementioned youth. "So?"

As this exchange transpired, the one with the map approached Susanoo and spread out the map with his hands for Susanoo to look at. "None of this makes any sense to me, but I guess you can read maps?" The scavenger looked at Susanoo in hope of being reassured they weren't just sailing blind here and Susanoo did just that for him. "Yes I can." He gave a nod and took a hand off the wheel, his finger scrolling through the map of the West Blue. For a moment his finger paused causing the scavenger to take his eyes off Susanoo's finger and rest on his face. Soon enough Kyte and Vaan joined Susanoo and the scavenger while Rakim talked to the pirate with Lupe. "We've been sailing for about half an hour now from Ohara, so we should be around here." His eyes were on the sun, so he could confirm which direction they had been sailing in. "All you can give us is an estimate?" Kyte's tone was a bit harsh and pressed Susanoo causing him to bite back at her verbally. "For one this isn't my ship so I don't know how fast it sails. You should be happy I can read a map, let alone get this thing moving somewhere." Kyte rolled her eyes and walked away to join Lupe and Rakim in talking to the pirate.

"Where are we headed?" Susanoo took his finger off the map and put it back on the wheel, before shouting. "Brace yourself!" He gave a confident spin of the wheel to the right as he adjusted the ship's course. "Ilusia. Majority of the West Blue is ran by Marines, but that Island is independent so we should be safe there. You can put that map somewhere, I should be good for now." The scavenger nodded and Vaan went off to Lupe's group, not that Susanoo was paying him any real mind though.

Soon after the Susanoo made this course adjustment, Lupe's group and the pirate approached him and the scavenger. "What's up?" "Open that map back up." Kyte barked at the scavenger who then skittishly followed her command. This caused Susanoo to raise a brow in curiosity as to what was going on. Lupe and the other pirate walked over to examine the map while the others stood by waiting in silence. "Can someone tell me what's going on?" "Vaan tells me you're sailing us to Ilusia." Susanoo nodded in an affirmative manner. "Just when I was beginning to warm up to you rookies." The older pirate shook his head side to side as he traced a finger on the map and trying to locate where the vessel was on it. "We're right here." Susanoo put a finger on the map helping him out.

"Here's the Redline. With a vessel like this we could easily push through Reverse Mountain and get into the Grandline." Susanoo's heart thumped painfully in his chest as he heard the man mention the Grandline. He had just embraced the pirate life, there was no way he was going to the Grandline so quickly. People got torn to pieces out there.

"I'm all for the pirate life as much as the next guy, but the Grandline isn't something we should just jump into. We're not even a real crew." Lupe smirked and shook his head side to side with a finger up. "That's where you're finally wrong. We've decided to unify our forces and become a crew. Me and Dante both serving as the Captain." Susanoo made an ugly face that questioned what he had just heard. "Is that even allowed?" Lupe retuned the look and responded with an equal amount of disbelief. "What do you mean is that allowed. There are no rules in pirating. You do what you want." Susanoo scrunched his mouth to the side not sold on the idea, but he didn't feel like arguing. "Well I'm not really for the whole, jump into the Grandline idea. You hear about Oceanus seizing Marie Jois and being crowned the Pirate King?" The older pirate shook his head, something everyone seemed to be doing to Susanoo as of now.

"Oceanus won't be leaving his stronghold for a while now. He needs to secure it first. Regardless he'd be going to the New World if anything. Where we're going is Paradise." Susanoo sighed and shook his head, finally it was his turn. "That's not my point. With Oceanus doing something like that, the Grandline is bound to be more chaotic than usual. Marines cracking down on Pirates and Pirates running rampant." "That's why we get rampant with them!" Throughout the whole headache inducing exchange the scavenger's eyes bounced from speaker to speaker with wide nervous eyes and a sweaty forehead.

"I'm just saying. I'm the one who had the idea of stealing this ship and who can steer it. I'm taking us to Ilusia. I'll get off there and then you guys can do whatever you w-" Before he could finish the older pirate drew a dagger in a flash and placed it to Susanoo's neck. Reflexively the teen stretched his neck back, but stopped himself from making any other movements in hopes of not being killed. "Hey chill out!" Now a commotion was being caused and the pirates on the deck were beginning to stretch their necks out and walk over to see what was going on. "Woah woah. It's not that serious man. Let me just sail to Ilusia and leave, then you guys can d-" "If you finish that sentence, I'll kill you." Susanoo gulped at the grimness in the pirate's voice and eyes. "Just put the knife down. If you kill him, then we're stranded out here with no Navigator." "I'd rather die out here at sea, than waste more time in the Four Blues. You're taking us to the Grandline or you're dying right now!" What kind of bullshit is this? Susanoo sighed gently as he decided to listen to the pirate's demands. "Okay, okay. I'll sail us into the Grandline. Just put the knife away." "Pirate's promise?" The pirate extended a hand to Susanoo, assumably to be shaken to bind his word.

Susanoo's Mother wrote:"There are two kinds of liars, those who lie with intent and those who lie for the sake of lying."

Susanoo was the latter mentioned liar . . .

Despite that, for some reason this man's outstretched hand had more weight to it than a normal promise did. I feel like if I break this guy's promise I'll get cursed by the sea or some crazy shit. Everyone but the owner of the hand stared nervously at it or Susanoo. Sweat was dripping from him as he was still shaken from the knife put to his throat. So much was happening today. "If you don't shake it . . . I'll kill you." The youth's heart pounded painfully in his chest as his eyes scrolled up from the hand to the eyes of the pirate's. Just as he stretched his hand out to meet it, someone saved his ass as they shouted. "MARINES!"

9The Start of Adventure Empty Re: The Start of Adventure Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:43 am

Futura Free

Pirates
Pirates

Futura Free

SUSANOO

Everyone scrambled frantically as the lookout in the crow's nest shouted and began to ring a bell that was up there as an alarm. Cannons were getting rolled into position and cannon balls were being taken out. People were tripping and falling. People were shouting, but this one pirate still remained in front of Susanoo with his hand outstretched. Lupe and his group had vanished somewhere on the deck of the ship, leaving Susanoo alone with this man. "I'm waiting." The man had a sinister smile on his face that was only painted even more demonic due to the chaos that was going on while he held his composure. "We're about to get attacked by Marines. Can't this wait?" Susanoo really wasn't trying to shake this guy's hand, at this point it wasn't because he was thinking about dying, but he just was disgusted with this man and didn't want to have to touch him. However, once Susanoo said this the man grabbed at his belt for his dagger causing the teen to put his hands up submissively. "Alright alright alright. Damn." Slowly the man took his hand away from his knife and put his hand back out and Susanoo moved to shake it, but right before contact was made a cannonball had crashed into their ship. Violently the vessel shook and Susanoo dramatically acted like he got tossed from the swaying. Rolling on the ground to the bow of the ship, he used the rim of the vessel to push himself up as he held his head with the other one. "Fuck." He said groggily before walking down the stairs to the deck as if he was in a daze. "Where do you think you're going?!" The pirate had kept his balance throughout the impact and annoyingly still wanted his hand to be shaken. Turning to face the man, no longer acting dazed or injured, Susanoo quickly bolted down the stairs and intermingled with the traffic. "Handle the wheel for me. I'm going to man a cannon. Thanks!" The pirate gritted his teeth as manning the wheel was a job that was very important during naval combat, so he couldn't just abandon the station and chase Susanoo.

"I'll be waiting for you after this is over!" Susanoo ignored the man and went to find an unoccupied cannon. Upon finding one, he found that it lacked a crate cannonballs for firing. "Hey!" He shouted loud to try to be heard in all the other shouting going on, but he wasn't heard. "Hey!" He tried again to no effect. "Hey!" This time he grabbed a passing by pirate by the collar and demanded his attention. "Get me some cannonballs for this thing." "We've been looking for some, but can't find any." Susanoo made a face that communicated disbelief. Their can't be zero cannonballs on a Marine vessel with cannons. He released his grip on the pirate's collar and let him run off while putting that same hand to his chin. Below deck! Just like that he took off and pushed through traffic, registering only about 3 cannons on the deck were booming and firing off shots. Meanwhile he could hear multiple cannonballs from the enemy splashing in the water around them. "We need to retaliate and soon if we want to get out of this alive." Making it to the hatch that lead below the deck, he opened it to see a head wearing a cap that said "MARINE" on the head of it. "What the fuck?" The owner of the cap looked up at Susanoo and made an equally perplexed face upon seeing he wasn't a Marine. "Huh?" "Oh crap!" By reflex the youth lifted up his foot then stomped downward into the Marine's face probably breaking his nose. Regardless if his nose broke or not, he'd definitely be injured as he fell down the ladder he was climbing and hit the floor down below. Two other Marines who were behind him on the ladder also fell since he fell from the kick, but they weren't too hurt. Susanoo watched as the open hatch casted a spotlight down on the Marine as he rolled back and forth clutching his face. "Pirates! Pirates! We've been abducted by Pirates!" He words were a bit muffled since he was shouting through his hands, but Pirates was all that needed to be said to kick the other Marines below the deck into action. In no time at all two Marines stepped into the spotlight the hatch casted down below the deck with rifles drawn and aiming up at Susanoo. Reeling his head back the rifles fired off, but the bullets luckily missed him.

"There are Marines below the deck!" He slammed the hatch closed and sat on it while shouting as loud as he could. "There are also cannons and cannonballs below deck." Rakim approached him and placed a gently hand on his shoulder, seemingly being the only one who heard him. Susanoo felt calmed by his presence, the guy just seemed to have that effect. "We can't get down there through this hatch, they have riflemen trained on it." Rakim put a finger to his chin in thought while Susanoo also thought about a plan of action. Soon he could feel thumping against the hatch from beneath him. There were trying to break through and were using enough force to make him bump up and down as they rammed it. "Shit they'll breakthrough at this rate." He tried to focus on being heavier to resist the ramming, but then saw a portly pirate walking by. "Hey you! Sit on this." He grabbed the man by his shirt and tugged at him. The man didn't move because of Susanoo's strength, but he complied with his order, seemingly content with being able to sit on his ass and not work.

10The Start of Adventure Empty Re: The Start of Adventure Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:06 am

Futura Free

Pirates
Pirates

Futura Free

SUSANOO

"Portholes!" Rakim snapped his finger as he said it. Susanoo scratched his head at what was supposed to apparently be an epiphany. "Get some rope and tie a knot onto the side of the boat. We'll hoist ourselves down and enter through the portholes. Susanoo's mouth slightly opened at the brilliance of the plan even though it was a pretty simple approach. Quickly he scrambled off to find some spare rope lying around which wasn't pretty hard. What was hard was deciding what to do with his Gunbai. He wouldn't be able to shimmy through a porthole with it on his person and he didn't trust it on the deck by itself with these pirates. "Got it!" Figuring out what he'd do he got the rope and tied it to a metal protrusion that was meant to be roped. The knot secured, he wrapped his arm alone in the rope instead of tying it around his waist. It'd take longer and be a hassle to take off to get into the porthole. Grabbing the rope length tightly a few pirates watched in astonishment as he climbed over the side of the ship and walked himself down the side of the ship.

Please don't let a cannonball hit me. That was all he could really think about as he began to jump back and let the slack of the rope wind him down before he tightened his grip and stopped his descent. While he did that he grabbed his gunbai in his free hand and reeled back as if it were a hammer. Instead of swinging at the iron rimmed porthole, he aimed beside it against the wooden body of the ship. One hit and the wood buckled. At this moment he saw Rakim slip into a porthole a few meters away from him. He wasn't too comfortable with the teen going in there alone against God knows how many Marines so he tried to put more "umph" into the next swing. This time when he hit the wall of the ship the buckled wood shattered and made a messy entry way for him. Sorry, I don't do splinters. He could have entered now, but didn't want to risk getting prickled up. Swinging once more the size of the hole increased and Susanoo could safely enter without getting splinters.

Slipping inside he saw Marines were already waiting on him and he was inside their sleeping quarters. He wasn't surprised they were waiting for him when he entered, but he still wasn't happy with it. His gunbai already out and in his hand, he figured he'd use it as a bludgeoning tool again. One unarmed Marine and two sword wielding one, thank God one of em didn't have a gun. With a smirk he stood off against the Marines confidently, though it was a facade of confidence as usual. "It's only fair that I let you know I killed your superior officer before I took this ship from him." I hope this brings down their spirits. I don't think I can handle a three against one. Looking at their faces he could see them doubt their capabilities in comparison to what they assumed were Susanoo's own. "Jump out that porthole and swim east if you want to be spared. I'm merciful, but my grunts upstairs aren't as nice." They exchanged a few glances amongst each other, before one gulped and calmly put down his sword. "Lets call it." He said to the others as he put his hands up submissively. "Your friend is smart. See how I made my own entrance there. Imagine that on your face." Their eyes flickered behind Susanoo who then used their lapse in attention to feint forward at them, all three of them flinching. This got a genuine laugh out of the teen as he shook his head at his own foolishness, but it'd seem like he was laughing at their cowardice.

Confident that he had broken them down, he cockily put his gunbai back on his back and lifted his hands as if communicating he didn't know something. The Marines took the bait and the other with a sword put his weapon down and then he and the last marine lifted their hands in a surrender as well. Susanoo then walked forward towards them and gave them a nod to proceed beyond him as he walked forward. "No funny business and I won't have to hurt you." They then walked forward, cautious as ever with a worried look on their faces, but nothing went down. Having switched placements, one by one they jumped out of the hole Susanoo had made in the ship and he forgot about them.

11The Start of Adventure Empty Re: The Start of Adventure Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:43 am

Futura Free

Pirates
Pirates

Futura Free

SUSANOO

"Wavy." He said under his breath to himself. He couldn't believe he actually got away with that. He soaked it up as a lesson by looking at it from the perspective of the Marines though. Don't judge a book by its cover I guess. Those Marines knew that strength came in many different forms whether the vessel of it looked intimidating or not. Even a little girl could potentially be stronger than Susanoo and he accepted that as a truth. "I'll never underestimate an opponent." He was already a cautious person, but this mindset wouldn't fade. He bet that there were a lot of people like him when they started their journey, but they traded in their cautious attitude in exchange for strength and cockiness. To each their own, but Susanoo was set on having both strength and his cautious ways of operating in tact when he was finally up there.

As he spoke to himself in a hushed whisper, he put his gunbai on his back and drew his slingshot and readied it with a marble. He walked carefully through the dark corridor, the footsteps and grunts of Marines battling echoing from up ahead. It was more than likely Rakim giving them a run for their money. Any other Marines would have heard that and ran to help. He figured it'd be okay to push forward and move passed the closed doors to the rooms, so he did just that. Still with his slingshot drawn, he stride carefully in a rushed manner then rounded a corner where a light was beaming from. It was a soft light, probably a lantern. He could see shadows dancing against the opposing wall too, Rakim was definitely giving them a run for their money. Rounding this corner, he wasted no time in locating a target and firing. The one he targeted had a rifle and was probably the same one he encountered earlier at the hatch. Hitting the Marine straight in the head he fell to the ground, but Susanoo remained incognito since the lighting was so poor. Slipping back around the corner to be hidden as the Marines questioned what happened and combat was on hold in the confusion, he readied another marble. You can do this.

"There's one out here in the corridor!" The shout boomed from where Susanoo had previously come from and the owner of the voice was a Marine of course. Wafting his hand to others in a room, two more marines barged out into the slim corridor. The one who took the forefront of their formation had a sword and behind him were two riflemen. Fuck. He clinched down on the marble with his fingers causing the ammo to shatter a bit while still in the sling. As the swordsman marine ran at him, he could see the two riflemen behind him on the sides of the corridor taking aim at him. "GO TO HELL!" Shouting as he fired his shot forward, he could tell his plan would work before it even played out all the way. The swordsman assumed the shot was aimed at him as the marble was maybe only a foot away from him when it split into two clean pieces. This resulted in the swordsman sword block doing nothing as the two halves of the marbles diverged and went around his fram. Instead they hit the two riflemen behind him, but not after one of them had fired their rifle. The half of one marble hit a riflemen in the neck, the rigid glass like marble shattering further as it did so causing a spread of glass shards to imbed themselves on his throat and cut him up a bit from the general impact. While it didn't do much damage it did cause the man to grab at his neck in pain, just what Susanoo wanted. Even the slightest movement of his hand caused the shards to cut and grind deeper into his throat. It wouldn't be enough to expose his airway and make him suffocate or anything, but it'd be a good irritant as would the second riflemen wouldn't be as lucky. Having fired his rifle, his firearm recoiled a bit and the marble collided with it. Thus the marble shattered again a bit prematurely and more violently into a sand like spray instead of shards. This glass mist would proceed forward into the marksman's eyes. His corneas would be shredded as would the rest of his eyes if he was dumb enough to rub them and by reflex he did. This only caused him to yell out in pain after the general impact even louder than before. "My fucking eyes!" If he was lucky at least one of his eyes would retain 25% of its vision.

For the bullet he fired off, it lodged itself in Susanoo's left shoulder. Regardless of what arm it was, he wouldn't be able to shoot anymore as using his slingshot required the muscles of both arms. One to steady the slingshot and one to pull back the sling. "Fuck! I really just got shot." He couldn't believe it, well he could, but it was just crazy. Clutching at his wounded shoulder, he holstered his slingshot and reached for his gunbai over his right shoulder with the right hand. Trying to draw it all he got was a *clink* as it hit the iron hallway wall. The grip of the damn thing was too long for him to draw it in the tight corridor, let alone use it in such a tight space. He could step out into the more spacious area behind him, but then the Marines Rakim was fighting would become his problem too.

Even though Susanoo was wounded the swordsman approached him slow and carefully. "You're going to pay for that with your life." Susanoo chuckled as he couldn't back down unless he wanted to get wrapped up in Rakim's battle as well. "I don't doubt that to be honest with you." He was half joking and half serious even though he said it in a joking manner. He had one more trick up his sleeve, but if it failed he'd probably die shortly after. Digging in his pouch of marbles, he kept his hand concealed in the pouch as he positioned a marble between his thumb and middle finger. Additionally however, he wrapped an extra with his ring and pinky finger by balling up. "You can't shoot your slingshot with that wound, no point in bluffing." Susanoo scoffed cockily. "If I'm helpless, why are you taking your time approaching me?" The swordsman rose a brow at this, obviously irritated with the youth's mouth. "So eager to die! You pirates are all the same!" Just like that the guy flew off his handle and ran at Susanoo with his sword raised above his head so he could slash down vertically at the youth. Drawing what seemed to be his final gambit, the teen performed a quickdraw with his own hand out his ammunition pouch. Immediately flicking the marble forward at the approaching swordsman. As Susanoo suspected he used his prepped slash to cut the marble and dispatch it, but as this transpired he rolled the marble hidden by his ring and pinky finger to his thumb and middle finger. Just as the first marble was sliced in half, he had fired his second one.

With the sword of the swordsman now lowered after his downward slash, his lower body was vulnerable. It was only natural since a sword slash from down there to defend the same area would lack momentum and since he was running he could risk shaving off a bit of his own legs. For that reason the marble was aimed at the knee of the marine swordsman and it wasn't something he could ward off. Putting some extra mustard on the shot, a shell of wind cradled it as it sailed. Seeing the marble was one thing and reacting was another, but both were done too late. Lifting his leg in an attempt to evade the shot, the marble instead collided with the Marine's shin bone and fractured it due to the shell of wind that accompanied it. Yelling out in pain from the fracture, the marine obviously was unable to travel on foot let alone put pressure on the appendage, in other words he was a sitting duck unless he wanted to hop at Susanoo on his one working leg. Giving a toothy grin at the Marine, Susanoo felt very accomplished for successfully pulling off his ploy. "You shoulda stayed cautious." From there he dug his hand in his pouch again and took out a fist full of marbles then rolled them on the floor so they'd settle in the Marine's vicinity forming a in a cluster around him. Still don't want to let him get to close, who knows what could happen.

"You won, but you still go through all of these counter measures. What's your deal?" The Marine amusingly stood on one leg as he spoke to Susanoo who just shrugged in reply. "Rather safe than sorry." With that he turned to help out Rakim. Gripping a marble in between his thumb and middle finger again, he stepped around the corner and saw the martial artist had taken down a few over 10 Marines by his lonesome. He was now squared off with three more, two of which unarmed, one had a sword. Aiming for the swordsman, Susanoo was about to shoot the marble when his last victim shouted out. "Watch your back, he's a sniper." This drew the attention of the remaining marines and Rakim. Susanoo felt naked as he stood there with his arm extended with a marble in between his fingers frozen in animation. "Dammit." He muttered under his breath as the swordsman of the group adjusted his body to face Susanoo and the two martial artist went back to squaring off with Rakim."Learn to finish off your prey kid." Susanoo shook his head, dismissing the words of the marine swordsman with the fractured leg.

So there he stood, his arm outstretched with a marble ready to fire and his other arm aching with pain and a bullet lodged in it. Meanwhile his newest opponent seemed to be in perfect health and eyes Susanoo like a beast eyed a feast after days of starving. "It's gotta be this sour apple sucker." He hated sour candy, so whenever he got a sour flavored sucker he treated it like a bad omen and it was always right. "I just gotta make due with what I got though!" Clinching the marble between his fingers, it cracked silently, but far more than the first one did when he first used this technique. Flicking the marble off, it instantly shattered into a spread of sharp glass like sand. His finger was rendered a bit bloody from this, but he ignored the pain and readily eyed his foes reaction to the attack. He obviously thought the attack would be a straight shot as he employed a quick side step the moment Susanoo's fingers flicked outwards. That was the wrong move though as it didn't get him out of the pepper of shrapnel. He did notice it though and quickly closed his eyes and covered his nose and mouth with the inside of his elbow. He'd get a few scratches on his face still, but that's not why Susanoo went with that plan of attack. It bought him time to draw his gunbai now that he was in open space. It was a bit different to wield with one hand, the weight was much more than he was used to, but he'd make due.

Behind this swordsman Rakim and the two martial artist were busy going at it. Even in a two on one situation where both his foes came at him simultaneously he fought on even terms. Susanoo longed to be like that, but knew it would be best to stay in his own lane and stick with his fighting style. "Keep your eyes on me kid. Just because you got your fan out doesn't mean you got me beat." The swordsman lowered his arm from his face and adopted some sort of stance that worked to shake Susanoo's composure a bit. This guy is trained. It won't be an easy fight. One arm was disabled and he was fighting someone with more combat experience than him, he knew he'd ned to lean heavily on his strengths, but just couldn't think of how to employ them in a way that'd give him the edge, but then it hit him. "This fan is only for aesthetics. My real strength comes from my Devil Fruit." Back to deception. It seemed to be pretty effective and he was good at it, why not keep using it?

He could tell he already had the peaked the Marines interest as the man's eyebrow rose. "And what fruit would that be?" Susanoo grinned confidently as he twirled his gunbai in circles with one hand like a baton. As he did this he worked the heat ball shaft and cool ball shaft to cook up a nasty imbalance in temperatures in the atmosphere. For the time being he kept the fan to his side, but when his technique was ready he'd move it in front of himself. "The Clone Clone Fruit. Also known as the fruit of immortality. No matter how many times you kill me, I'll never truly be dead if there is a clone of mine's in existence." The swordsman marine laughed grimly conveying his bloodlust. "It shouldn't be that hard to kill some wounded brat over and over until he gets tired." He took a step forward, frazzling Susanoo's nerves as he still needing more time to cook up his technique. "I think it'll be fun actually!" With that the marine rushed forward at Susanoo, his technique still not ready, well at least not at full power, so he was forced to release it prematurely. Twirling his gunbai in front of him in a showy fashion, he released the imbalance of temperatures out into the atmosphere in the form of a veil which conjured up a mirage. The mirage created would only be perceived correctly if you were in directly facing Susanoo's front or back. Looking at it from an angle would result in the mirage that was casted as a 8m wide and 5m high screen to look off. That was irrelevant though.

What he created was two copies of himself. Usually he could make three, but he didn't have all the time he needed. Along with doing this he replicated the poorly lit wall that was behind him. That didn't require much effort and he was lucky the setting was so horribly lit or the mirage surely would not have worked as the background would have been synthesized incorrectly. Anyways this emergence of a second Susanoo stopped the Marine in his tracks, especially because it was in perfect health. "I forgot to mention." Susanoo spoke from behind the screen, practically invisible to the swordsman. "My clones are created with perfect health . . . good luck."

Spoiler:

12The Start of Adventure Empty Re: The Start of Adventure Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:59 am

Futura Free

Pirates
Pirates

Futura Free

SUSANOO

The copy of Susanoo with perfect health mouth'd his words as he spoke from behind the veil, basically invisible. Now I gotta take this prick out. Quietly he holstered his gunbai separated the thunder ball shaft from the weapon. It was like a small lead pipe in his hand, but it could function as a taser and that's exactly what Susano was looking to use it as. "Show me what you got then!" Finally the marine closed int he space between him and the mirages whom he thought were Susanoo. Each of them held defensive poses, but as the swordsman rushed them they didn't move. Even if the Marine found it fishy, he didn't stop his assault or charge forward. Just as he swung his sword horizontally to cut both the mirages down, luckily Susanoo was ducked down and didn't get cut. The sword sailed cleanly through both of the bodies and dispelled the mirage much to the Marine's astonishment. Just as this was done, Susanoo reached his thunder ball shaft through the mirage in unison with the sword slash. This caught the Marine's eye, but it was too late. Just as it penetrated the mirage, it began to spark violently with lightning and it jammed into the swordsman's stomach. He yelled out in pain from the voltage that entered his body and caused him to seize up. While it wouldn't cause lasting paralysis, for as long as the taser was in contact with the man's body there was a slim chance of him being able to move in an effective way.

Susanoo eventually forced the man over by pushing into his abdominals harder with the taser. Once he was on the ground, the youth lifted up his foot them stomped down delivering a powerful kick to the man's head just as he released the charge of his taser. "You're pretty crafty." Rakim approached Susanoo with a smile on his face and a fresh cut on his cheek and leg. Susanoo didn't smile, but just put his thunder ball shaft back in place on the Clima-Tact. He wasn't mad, just worn out and still in battle mode. "You gotta be when you don't just have refined strength like you do." Rakim nodded and his smile grew a bit more genuine. "Lets get those cannonballs up yeah?" "Sounds like a plan." With that the two split up in search of the cannonballs. Soon enough Susanoo found a crate of them and called Rakim over. "Found them, but I'm going to need help lugging them to the deck." Together they lifted the crate and got it to the main deck where it was still chaotic as ever, but refreshing nonetheless. It was still life or death right now, but at least he'd die with some company and not in some dark ass room below the deck. "WE GOT CANNONBALLS. LOAD UP AND OPEN FIRE." Susanoo shouted loudly and a shared morale boosting roar boomed on the deck of the ship. He truly felt rejuvenated now or maybe it was just the adrenaline and other macho man hormones from being around so many scumbags. "You made it!" It was the scavenger from before who approached Susanoo as he cradled three small cannonballs in his single working arm. "Huh?" He looked over at the guy and nodded, his mind distracted because he focused on what he needed to do next. "Grab some cannonballs and follow me to this cannon. I'll show them what a sharpshooter can really do."

"Well you better do it quick. This ship has taken a lot of damage, any more direct hits and it'll probably sink." Lupe was following Susanoo with a few cannonballs in his arms as well. "I'll be damned if I went through all that work for these cannonballs just for the ship to sink." Loading the first cannonball in the cannon, he aimed carefully at the enemy marine vessel. It was much closer now than it was before. It was definitely now or never, but from this range there was no way anyone who called themselves a marksman could miss. "Main mast." He said it to himself, but it was still loud enough to be slightly heard by Lupe and the scavenger who looked at him with raised brows in response. Firing his cannon, the shot sailed through the air higher than majority of the other cannonballs and it lodged itself right in the mast of the enemy ship. It didn't break through, but it dented it greatly. "What the hell!" "That was amazing!" A few other heads turned to look at the one who fired such an accurate shot and he bet it had a similar effect on the enemies. He didn't let it get to his head though, at least right now he wouldn't He'd positively brag about this later though, probably for the rest of his life actually. "Well I'll be damned. Looks like you really are a promising one aye?" It was the older pirate from before who wanted Susanoo to make that crazy promise with him. "I don't have time for your shit right now. We're in the middle of something if you can't tell." Susanoo eyed the enemy ship calculating his next shot while someone loaded his cannon since he couldn't with his injured arm. "I'm just giving these chaps some direction. They were running around like headless chickens until I came down from the wheel. Now we're fighting like a crew." Susanoo made an ugly face and looked from the enemy ship to the man. "Then who's at the wheel?" "He put Kyte at the helm." "Aye, there were some islands up ahead, so I told her to sail to them, since I didn't think the ship would make it much further." Islands up ahead? Susanoo thought to himself for a moment, then noticed the enemy ship was turning away. "They're retreating!" One of the pirates shouted, then everyone else began to shout. Everyone but Susanoo at least. "That's Las Camp you idiot!" It finally clicked.

"Las Camp?" Lupe turned looked at Susanoo in a confused manner, but the youth was pushing through the crowd of pirates to get to the wheel. "Las Camp is a compilation of islands near the Redline. Sailing through it is impossible. Not only that, but Marines rove around here to sink Pirates going to Reverse Mountain. They aren't running because they're scared of us, they're retreating, because either we'll crash into the islands or another Marine battalion will take us out!" A wave of fear and silence swept the deck from Susanoo's angry reveal. All the shouting was now lessened to murmurs between scared pirates. Susanoo continued to stomp through the deck and then up the stairs. "Wait! Can we turn back!" Susanoo clutched at his arm as it ached in pain when he got to Kyte who was at the wheel. "I need to man the wheel, we're going to die if we keep going this way." "I noticed that a while ago, but the damn thing won't turn!" She gave the wheel a slap and it spun over and over with no effect on the course of the ship. "What's that mean?" So many thought were running through Susanoo's mind right now. Death, trying to steer the ship, pirating, fighting, shooting the enemy down,  his nasty sucker, trying to figure out what was wrong, and so much more. "I don't know. I'm a Navigator, not a shipwright. A rookie at that." "It's the rudder." The older pirate came up to the stairs on the upper deck with a mourning like tone. "Must have gotten shot in the exchange. Ship won't be able to turn until it's fixed and that's not possible unless we dock somewhere." "Ugh!" Susanoo groaned in an irritated manner while grabbing his wound and looking at the islands they were coming up upon. "So what can we do?" "Raise the sails, ditch 'em, destroy 'em, something. We got to slow this ship down."

All the other pirates looked up to those on the upper deck figuratively and literally, hoping they could pull a miracle out their ass and save them from their impending doom. "You heard him! Get rid of those sails!" Lupe turned to face those on the lower deck before he shouted the command to them. "No . . ." Susanoo was still staring ahead when he said this, but so quiet it wasn't heard. "No." This time he was louder. "Keep the sails up!" Lupe turned and looked at him like he was crazy. "If we don't the wind will push us right into one of those islands and kill us." None of the grunts listened to Susanoo's command when he made it which irritated him. Clutching at his war fan, he took it off his back and grabbed it with his other hand too. Even though his shoulder was in a lot of pain right now, he would need all the strength he could muster up for what he was about to do. "Not if I can create some wind." Lupe, Kyte, and the older pirate were confused for a moment, but then Lupe and Kyte remembered at the same time. "The gust of wind." Susanoo nodded as he stood on the upper deck and eyes the main sail, but there were pirates on it busy loosening ties on it to raise it. One even had a knife out ready to puncture it. "STOP!" "You heard the lad, keep the sails down!" The older pirate backed his shouting. Susanoo looked at the old guy and came to a realization. Even though he didn't know Susanoo's abilities, he trusted his judgement and it went a long way. He also realized how stupid pirates were though. They really only respect people who are officially their Captains even if I save their asses over and over. Stupid. It pissed Susanoo off, but he didn't have time to be pissed. "Hurry up and get down, before I blow your ass off the mast! My fucking arm hurts!" They were busy scurrying down, but were honestly taking too long for Susanoo's liking. Not only his liking, but also their own good's liking. "You gotta do it now! The first Island is coming up!" They all looked back to see the first island that made up Las Camp was only about 75m out, it truly was now or never. "Sorry!" There was one guy still up on the mast, but Susanoo wasn't about to die the first day he decided to become a pirate, because some idiot was taking too long. Swinging once a powerful gust ushered forth and made the sails invert and blow the opposite direction. The ship creaked a bit, but if it slowed down it wasn't noticeable. What was noticeable was the blood that spurted out the young Navigator's bullet wound. "Fuck." He gritted his teeth in pain, but couldn't stop until the ship stopped or at least was slowed enough tot eh point a crash wouldn't mean death. The guy that was still up on the mast held on for his life and survived the first gust of wind, but Susanoo swung again, then again, then again, then again, and again. Over and over he swung his fan making gust of wind blow the main sail the opposite direction to stop the ship. "Take out the other sails! Whatever you have that's sharp, puncture them!" It was a smart move. Even though Susanoo was blowing wind in the main sail, the smaller sails were still pushing the ship forward and their force added up and every bit of force mattered right now. With Kyte's command though, everyone began to throw sharp things at the smaller sails. Kyte shot arrows, Vaan threw his pocket knife, Lupe threw his sword, then grunts threw whatever they had. This noticeably had an effect on the progression of the situation, because with Susanoo's next swing the ship creaked louder and noticeably slowed down. "It's working!"

Just when he thought he was out of juice he labor began producing fruits. This gave him a bit more strength to keep swinging, but not enough to completely slow the ship before it crashed. No one saw it coming since everyone's eyes were on Susanoo. It was hard not to be looking at him as he literally bled all over the place from how much effort he was putting forth.

Spoiler:

13The Start of Adventure Empty Re: The Start of Adventure Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:41 am

Futura Free

Pirates
Pirates

Futura Free
Finale

SUSANOO

Knocked unconscious from the crash, he awoke to find himself laying by a camp fire and it was dark out. "He's awake." It was Vaan's voice. Raising up from his laying down position, he gently rubbed his wound to see it was wrapped in bandages, but still hurting. "Ouch." "Rakim bandaged you up with some of his spare hand wraps. You'll need to see a doctor to get the bullet removed though." Susanoo sighed, but was grateful. Even though Kyte was a female, Rakim was his favorite out of the group. She doesn't have much of a fram anyway. Hm . . . probably why she wears skimpy clothing. "What are you staring at me for?" He calmly adverted his eyes to see the mass of pirates standing around him looking with expectant eyes. "Huh?" "We all owe you our lives. Pretty sure we would have died if you weren't with us." "You honestly would have been better off just getting caught before we hijacked that damn ship." They shared a laugh, before Susanoo asked his next question. "What happened to it anyways?" Lupe pointed over to the side to darkness, but Susanoo couldn't faintly make out the vessel's fram. "The way we crashed, the wreckage is kinda clinging onto the island." "I've been going in the ship since I'm the lightest and retrieving supplies." Vaan grinned as he found his use. Something else no one else can do. His own skill. Susanoo's eyes rested on Vaan for a while in self-reflection. "I think he's still dazed. He keeps staring a people." Snapping out of his trance he gave Kyte an ugly look. "It's called being in deep thought. I know you're not used to it." "Hey if it wasn't for me we would have died too!" Susanoo's face intensified in its levels of ugliness, she was clearly on some bullshit. "I'm sorry, how the fuck did you contribute in saving anyone." "I got everyone to take out the other sails you dumbass." Susanoo was so caught up in the moment and fatigued from blood time he barely noticed that was her voice at the time. He sat there in silence for a moment, a look of scorn on his face directed shamelessly at Kyte. He didn't like being wrong, so he wouldn't be. "For the record I was trying to save myself." He folded his arms and shrugged smugly which caused Kyte to scoff and prepare to say something, but she just settled with rolling her eyes and dismissing the situation.

Footsteps in grass approaching drew Susanoo's attention elsewhere anyways. Looking over to who was walking over he saw it was the older pirate. He placed himself in the circle to be amongst the group coming from who knows where. Plopping himself down he sighed then looked at Susanoo. "You got something special kid. I hope you know that." He liked getting compliments, but hated the way it made him feel, so he responded with a modest shrug. "I just use my brain and go balls out." That was a lie, but he liked how it conveyed him to the pirate. Susanoo truthfully was a cautious guy who only liked to act when he knew the outcome would be in his favor. This is probably why he was such a sore loser.

"The sea needs more pirates like you. All you rookies take notes. This one is going to do big things one day." A wave of awe swept the "crew" when this well respected pirate said that about Susanoo. "Cherished by the divines huh?" Susanoo looked over to Lupe, he could hear how jealously lathered his tone, but to others it was just him talking. Lupe looked up from the grass to meet eyes with Susanoo. The navigator's heart skipped a beat as he saw how the camp fire flickered in Lupe's eyes or maybe it was a fire from within or something cheesy. Regardless he got chills from energy the rusty haired teen was giving off. "You got a lot of work to do if you wanna be considered my rival." Lupe hadn't verbally proposed a rivalry, nor was it something that was ever brought up, but Susanoo could sense that Lupe would be good competition. Either that or it was just his competitive spirit projecting itself onto other people and making Susanoo read things wrong.

"You hold no punches with your words. . . . I like that, but you showed me I have a lot of growing to do." Susanoo nodded then stood up and looked around. He didn't want to really entertain the exchange and make it some big moment, stuff like that was cliché. Cliché could be cool sometimes, but this wasn't one of those times. "Where's my stuff?" As he said this one of the random pirates walked up with his hoodie, shirt, gunbai, and slingshot. Susanoo didn't like the idea of someone else having his things, but he could excuse it because of the nature of the situation. "So what's the plan moving forward." He grabbed his blood stained garbs and slipped them on one by one. After that was done he looked around expectantly to see mostly everyone with a grim expression on their face. "So?" "The ship is obviously in no shape to sail, so we're stranded on this island. All we can do is wait for a ship of Marines to do what they will to us." Susanoo thought about what the older pirate said for a moment as he put his slingshot on his hip, then his Gunbai on his back. Some eyes were down on the ground in a depressing manner, but a few were on Susanoo. He always thought he would react to people looking to him as a pillar of beacon of hope, but now that that time was actually upon him it didn't make him feel any certain way. What he did feel some type of way about was everyone's attitude.

"You guys are being depressing." The blunt and straight forward side of him was showing. He took his hand off his gunbai handle and crossed his arms at his chest as if he was being stubborn. His shoulder was still in pain, but it was far more tolerable. Everyone looked at him expectingly now. "I did all of that and passed out from blood loss and exhaustion just for you guys to be bitches and cop out like this?'' He looked at the older pirate. "You even had a knife to my neck ready to kill me over some bullshit, talking about the Grandline.'' The older pirate scoffed and directed his gaze away from Susanoo. "You honestly think a bitch like you could last on the Grandline?" Susanoo walked up to the sitting pirate. His shadow was casting a veil of darkness that couldn't be ignored over him. People were beginning to back up a bit as they thought a scuffle would ensue from Susanoo's behavior. "We're fucking stranded on this island. What do you expect us to do?!" The pirate pushed off the ground to stand toe to toe with Susanoo, shouting in his face. "I expect you to die fighting, not give up like some whiny b-" The pirate grabbed Susanoo tightly by his collar which caused Lupe and the others to bolt to a stand. "Hey chill out!" Susanoo extended an open palm in Lupe's direction signaling him to stop. "Say it one more time and I'll drown you in this ocean if it's the last thing I do." This is exactly the energy Susanoo needed not only out of him, but all the other pirates. He may be going too far, but he'd press even further, because he honestly thought he die here from Marines if not from these pirates. "As the only real pirate on this island, I revoke all of you pansies right to call yourselves pirates!" A lot of perplexed faces were made when Susanoo said this. He knew it didn't make much actual sense, but he believed it would drive home the point. "What I'm saying is that ya'll don't deserve to be called pirates." The expressions hardened as Susanoo made his point more clear and smacked the older pirate's hand off his collar.

14The Start of Adventure Empty Re: The Start of Adventure Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:00 pm

Futura Free

Pirates
Pirates

Futura Free

SUSANOO

Some pirates gulped in anticipation of what was to come and some just looked down in shame for their behavior and lack of enthusiasm. The older pirate just stood there gritting his teeth at Susanoo as he watched the young teen walk off tot he wreckage of the ship. Running up to Susanoo was the scavenger from before. "Where are you going. That ship won't sail." Susanoo kept walking forward, his eyes on the mess of a ship. "I know, but it still has cannonballs I might be able to use when other Marines come for us." The scavenger couldn't believe the resolve Susanoo had, he really wasn't giving up though all hope seemed to be lost. "I'll help you then. The ship is unstable so you have to be careful or it will fall into the water when you move around on it." Susanoo nodded, "e just have to be quick. When the sun starts rising, we'll stick out like a sore thumb." The scavenger nodded affirmatively and together they shimmied down into the wreckage of the ship.

It creaked and cried out, loose wooden planks fell and splashed into the water below as they cautiously calculated each move they made. "Alright, hand me the cannonballs from there and I'll throw them up to the island." Doing as Susanoo requested, the scavenger fished the iron balls out of a busted crate and tossed them up to Susanoo who then threw them up to the island with a thump. After tossing up about 25 cannonballs, the scavenger shouted to Susanoo. "That's all in this crate, should we go lower for more?" Susanoo thought about it for a second then shook his head side to side. "No, don't want to risk making the ship slip and fall while we're in it. Also don't think I could throw them up that high if we go deeper, since I'm only using one arm." The scavenger nodded then began to make his way back up and out the wreckage with Susanoo. Back on land they saw the other pirates there waiting for them.

"We've decided to go out with a fight." Lupe spoke, then the older pirate stepped forward and said his piece. "You were right about not being able to call ourselves pirates. At least not if we went out like that. Whatever you got planned, we'll back you up and make it happen." The pirate grunts behind him cheered and shouted in unison as their forces came back together as one. Ironically Susanoo didn't really have plan though. Scratching his head and scrunching his mouth to the side, he showed his teeth in a nervous smile. "I don't have a plan." At this all the cheering stopped and everyone kind of made a face. "What?! Why am I expected to have a plan to save our asses all the time!?" Lupe stepped forward to Susanoo and barked back at the yelling teen. "You had a plan all these other times! You're the one who said to hijack the ship!" Susanoo shrugged in a dismissive manner and balled up his face. "So that doesn't mean do it! You have free will!" The two continued to argue back and forth until Rakim stepped in between them and put a hand on each of their shoulders. "Energy would better be expended thinking of a plan of action, rather than bickering right now." The two stopped and looked at Rakim then each other. Susanoo still wasn't content with having to stop arguing, but figured Rakim was right as he always seemed to be. "Fair enough." The older pirate now stepped forward after dismissing the no-names. "So what are these cannonballs here for if you don't have a plan?" Susanoo looked at the cannonballs then to the older pirate. "I was just going to launch them at the enemy when they came to be honest. That's as great of a plan as I got. Not many resources or places to hide on this flat ass rock." The older pirate nodded. "I figure we can expect some fireworks come sunrise, since they'll be able to spot the wreckage. We should just focus on getting some rest until then." Susanoo nodded, having said that earlier.

"Help me lug these cannonballs back to camp yeah?" With that they each grabbed as many cannonballs as they could and moved back to camp to rest.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum