One Piece Pirate Nation

AU One Piece Roleplay

Welcome to Pirate Nation, Events are currently in progress. Make sure to keep an eye out for new events posted in the Events Section

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Return of The Ryu | Turf Arc
Today at 1:16 pm by Malachai

» The End
Today at 1:10 pm by Malachai

» New Skill set Passive ( The Stone Titan)
Today at 12:07 pm by Ghost

» Adri's Knife
Today at 10:56 am by Adri Sakna

» Experience and Tier System
Today at 5:42 am by Ghost

» Zeal rule-World government allies no more (topic)
Today at 5:11 am by Ghost

» The Island of Dream Last Dream{Turf War}
Today at 4:57 am by Ghost

» Staff Requests: Tasks,Arcs,World Positions.
Yesterday at 11:26 pm by Jui$y Crow

» Training System
Yesterday at 11:13 pm by Hecate

Statistics
We have 1085 registered users
The newest registered user is WibbleWobble

Our users have posted a total of 65303 messages in 8577 subjects
Affiliates
Our Button

Vote For Us

Affiliates

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Arachne's experimentation on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:02 am

Support Job: Scientist
   Specialization:

Crafting Skills:

Skill Name: Invent
   Skill Type: Crafting
   Skill Cooldown: 12 hours
   Skill Description: The user creates a new invention. Must be used to register a new Invention.
   Word Count: N/A

Skill Name: Make Poison
   Skill Type: crafting
   Skill Cooldown: a day
   Skill Description: Arache makes one of her registered poisons
   Word Count: 500

Skill Name: Make Gadget
   Skill Cooldown: A day
   Skill Description: Arachne makes one of her registered gadgets

Skill Name: Genetic modification  
   Skill Description: Arachne modifies something genetically through  nano byte technology.

Supplementary Skills:

Skill Name: Upgrade
   Skill Type: Supplementary
   Skill Cooldown: 3 Days
   Skill Description: The user tinkers with one of their inventions and increases it's effectiveness. Adds 1 point to the Upgrade Points. Cannot be used to Upgrade someone else's Invention.
   Word Count: 500 Words

Skill Name: Muscle Memory
   Skill Cooldown: 3 days
   Skill Description: After crafting an item, the user can immediately make the same item again for half the word count.

Skill Name: Self Experimentation
   Skill Description: If Arachne is attempting to genetically modify herself than the crafting time is cut in half due to already knowing all the details of her own gene structure.

Skill Name: I have breasts
   Skill Cooldown: half a day (12 hours)
   Skill Description: Due to being a highly manipulative and flirty woman, Arachne is able to get materials for inventions at half the usual price.

Last edited by Kim from finance on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:20 pm; edited 3 times in total

2 Re: Arachne's experimentation on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:12 pm

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Everything is fine except for Biological Enhancement. Explain this more because it sounds like you're getting into Doctor specialization territory

View user profile

3 Re: Arachne's experimentation on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:53 pm

Biological Enhancement pertains to the study of biology. You can be a scientist who studies biology and not be a doctor. Biological enhancement would focus on genes, chemicals in the body, evolution, growth, taxonomy, and biological processes in the bodies of both humans, animals, plants, and other living things. A doctor would usually only focus on the human side of things and even then would focus more on health science of a person.

4 Re: Arachne's experimentation on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:36 am

Isabella

Pirates
Pirates

by explainthis more, he's requesting you going in to detail about what the creations would be doing.

View user profile

5 Re: Arachne's experimentation on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:27 pm

I was explaining why it wasn't apart of doctor territory.

Creations would be used to enhance already present biological processes of living things. For example crafting new types of genetically modified crops (pop greens), or creating enhancements to the senses through manipulation of a genetic processes. At high enough upgrade points, maybe creating nano bites or antibodies to enhance the natural healing powers of the body/saliva or enhancing the growth rate of muscle expansion to increase strength. Stuff they do in biological research ( Ex genetically modified crops, cell research) taken to a one piece anime context and level.

6 Re: Arachne's experimentation on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:11 am

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Yeah see, that to me is bio-medical territory. You can spout facts about it being based in science (as is medicine) but in my opinion for the purposes of this site, I would consider that to fall under doctor territory.

Biological Enhancement - Denied

Everything else is fine

View user profile

7 Re: Arachne's experimentation on Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:55 am

"Noun. 1. medical science - the science of dealing with the maintenance of health and the prevention and treatment of disease." That is the science that doctors would be based under. Of course medicine is based in science, almost everything is.

" bio-medical-the application of the natural sciences, especially the biological and physiological sciences, to clinical medicine." Has nothing to do with most of the stuff I listed, not in the territory at all as I'm not trying to do anything with actual medicine.

Nothing I listed goes under this definition besides nano bite technology being used to enhance healing and even then that would obviously be based in machinery, so to deny it based on it being too close to medical science is a bit silly since it's an entirely different field from doctors or the other bio-medical science that mentioned. Again just giving facts.

8 Re: Arachne's experimentation on Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:28 am

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

@Kincaid wrote:Yeah see, that to me is bio-medical territory. You can spout facts about it being based in science (as is medicine) but in my opinion for the purposes of this site, I would consider that to fall under doctor territory.

Biological Enhancement - Denied

Everything else is fine

There is a line between real world science and definitions and what makes sense in the contexts of the parameters of the site. As I stated, I personally see this as better fitting for a doctor than a scientist and for that reason I have denied it as a scientist skill.

If you find another member of staff who feels otherwise so be it, I won't argue but my personal ruling stands.

View user profile

9 Re: Arachne's experimentation on Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:07 am

Isabella

Pirates
Pirates

To cut this short, Kincaids review stands.

View user profile

10 Re: Arachne's experimentation on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:25 pm

Okay talked with Poncho and he gave me some advice to try this instead.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum