One Piece Pirate Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
One Piece Pirate Nation

AU One Piece Roleplay

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» SHOP
Taking Drum EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:00 pm by Admin

» NPC Template
Taking Drum EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 1:05 am by Pain

» [Task] Aqua Laguna
Taking Drum EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 1:08 am by Adri Sakna

» Return to baltigo
Taking Drum EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 am by Hecate

» Dinner amongst friends [Flashback] [Hecate Only]
Taking Drum EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 10:06 pm by Isabella

» [Task] Public Service Announcement
Taking Drum EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:31 pm by Siegfried

» Shadow Vs Hiroko
Taking Drum EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:03 pm by Jui$y Crow

» Finishing the Job
Taking Drum EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm by Bojack

» Mission Briefing (Task)
Taking Drum EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:21 pm by Renji Vinsmoke

Top posting users this week
No user

Statistics
We have 1108 registered users
The newest registered user is Roku

Our users have posted a total of 65940 messages in 8693 subjects
Affiliates
Our Button

Vote For Us

Affiliates

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Taking Drum Empty Taking Drum Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:32 pm

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Kincaid
Task Name: Welcome Back Party
Tier: 3
NPC or PC: NPC
Crew, Team, or Personal: Personal
Description: As Cyrus and his crew near Drum Island, hoping to dock and possibly make contact with some old friends, they’re met in the bay by a T3 Marine ship. These Marines want to know who they are and what they’re doing here and Cyrus doesn’t have a very good answer for them.  
Enemy Details: T3 Marine Battleship stocked with 100 T0 Grunts, 25 T1 Marines, 25 T2 Marines
Boss: Yes
Spoiler:

Cyrus Kincaid

Reaper of the Revolution

The travel from Jaya to Drum had been relatively uneventful with calm waters and blue skies. It was exactly what Cyrus had needed while he recovered from his wounds. Looking at himself in the mirror now, he inspected the healed scar on his chest, tracing his fingers lightly over it. The muscle was still sore and stiff, but Yuri had given him the clear to start lifting things again and the stitches had been removed just a day before. As he looked over the scar, he brought his arm up to the mirror as well, inspecting his older bullet wound, a gift from the Marine Lilica. I’m going to pick up a new scar at every island I visit at this rate. Cyrus said to himself as he looked his body over.
That’s okay captain, I think scars are sexy. Zoe’s face broke the silence of Cyrus’s quarters. Without turning to look at her, Cyrus grabbed the shirt off his bed and pulled it carefully over his head before throwing his jacket around his shoulders as well.
Yes but you think everything is sexy Zoe.
Guilty, I suppose. She said with a dramatic sigh, It’s good to see you on your feet though Captain. Looks like Yuri actually did a good job.
Good to see you too Zoe. He said with a slight smile before walking past her and out onto the deck of the Dreadnaught.

Far beneath him the submersible, loaded with just a few crewmembers, floated just under the larger ship completely hidden from view. The Dreadnaught itself was a buzzing storm of Revolutionaries moving various supplies about. Cyrus could tell there was a general happiness in the air around the ship as the crew was ready to make landfall again and restock on supplies. Up above and behind him, near the wheel of the ship, Old Mei called out, Mornin Cap’n, good to see you finally up and about. Shouldn’t be long now, in fact- Old Mei was interrupted by a crewmember up in the crow’s nest who declared, “Land Ho!”
Right, what he said. Old Mei said with a toothy grin as Cyrus turned back towards the front of the ship to see the faint outline of Drum come into existence. Drum Island, it had been quite some time since he’d been there and he was actually surprised with how excited he felt to be returning. Granted the weather was abysmal, but it would be good to see the Drumlins and various residents.

Though admittedly, he was worried about the state of the island since he left. When he had left he assumed he had left it for the better, given the citizens and the rebel group that went by the name, The Drumlins, a real fighting chance at gaining freedom from their bastard king. Unfortunately, on route to Drum Cyrus had received a letter from the Revolution asking him to look into the King’s current position and take out a Marine base that had recently been erected on the eastern side of the island in Cyrus’s absence. Apparently the Revolution’s hold on the island was beginning to loosen with this new Marine installation and HQ wanted it back.

Old Mei, Zoe, tell everyone to put on their cold weather gear and prepare to dock within the hour. Cyrus commanded as he returned to his own room to fetch his warm weather gear as well as his trusted cane. He wasn’t sure what to expect once they arrived on Drum, but he at least could prepare for the weather.

---- 1 Hour Later ----

Drum Island had become clearer and clearer as the ship neared and as it did, the crew's excitement grew. However, trouble rued its ugly head when The Dreadnaught entered the mouth of Drum Island's bay. Cyrus was busy looking at the docks, making sure they were on the right course to enter when a crewmen came up to him and pointed out the Marine vessel approaching them from the east. Frowning, Cyrus thanked the man before alerting the rest of the crew with his Den Den Mushi, Crews of the Dreadnaught and Nautilus, we have entered the bay of Drum Island and will be preparing to dock. That being said it has been brought to my attention that we have some unfriendly faces fast approaching us. I want both crews manning the guns and readying for a fight. That being said we don't know what they want or if they even know who we are yet so do not fire unless directed to by myself and only myself. Thank you, that is all. Cyrus finished, hanging up his Den Den Mushi and proceeding to the front of the ship for a better look at these Marines.

Within just a few minutes the Marine ship had closed the distance between itself and The Dreadnaught and it now came to a creeping halt just a few dozen meters away. There was a silence that clung to the air for an uncomfortably long time before finally, the speakers on the Marine vessel came to life. This is the Captain of the Inquisitor, Marine Class 3, Lieutenant Raphael Zephyr speaking. State your business on Drum Island.

Cyrus mulled over his options for a bit, debating what lie he should fabricate for this or if they should simply start thins off guns blazing. After a moment he cleared his throat and responded, Well good morning crew of the Inquisitor, this is the Captain of the... He thought for a moment, realizing quickly the actual name of the ship probably shouldn't be used, Three-Headed Zebra, Samuel Masterly. We're silk traders simply looking to dock in Drum Island and restock on supplies for sailing, perhaps even sell some of our wares. Of course we'd be more than willing to offer a special discount to such esteemed Marines as yourselves. Look at it as a thank you from us for all of your hard work protecting these fine seas. Cyrus realized he was laying it on thick as he concluded, but it never hurt to embellish and play on one's ego.

There was a long pause from the Inquisitor before finally Raphael returned, Fine silks? On Drum? I'm sorry to disappoint you...Samuel, was it? The people of Drum can't exactly afford such lavish nonessentials. Then again, I doubt they'd be interested in purchasing silk from a ship full of Revolutionaries anyway, isn't that right Samuel? Or rather, Cyrus Kincaid?

Cyrus frowned, it was bound to happen but he wasn't expecting to have to deal with Marines before even stepping foot on Drum. He was about to give the signal to begin firing on the Marine vessel when Raphael's voice cut in again, If I may be so bold, before we make a bloody mess of this whole thing, might I offer we parlay under a mutual cease-fire? I'd like to meet the Reaper of the Revolution in person.

Cyrus rapped his knuckles against the wooden railing of The Dreadnaught as he considered the Marine Lieutenant's proposal and possible angles. You're not actually considering letting these guys aboard are you? Let's just blow them out of the water and move on. Zoe asked, standing behind Cyrus with Yuri and Old Mei. The older two had been smart enough to keep their mouths shut. Cyrus watched as the Marines flag was replaced by a simple white fabric one, a universal sign of peace.

Tick tock Mr. Kincaid, I don't have all day and I'm sure a terrorist such as yourself has better things he could be doing. Raphael's voice broke out over the calm sea once again.

You may board, but you do so unarmed and will be subjected to a search by my people. Should you board unarmed you have my word that you will be treated with the utmost respect and care.

See you soon then Mr. Kincaid. Raphael signed off as his ship began slowly moving to parlay with The Dreadnaught. It took only a few minutes for the ships to become parallel to one another and a walking board to be laid between the two's decks. Cyrus waited on his own end as Raphael Zephyr appeared from his crew of marines, dressed in standard Marine Officer apparel as he walked with poise and purpose. He was a man of arrogance, but confidence as well. Both traits were equally dangerous. As Raphael stepped onto the deck of The Dreadnaught, guns trained on him and ready to fire at the slightest movement, he paused and held open his jacket. Cyrus nodded to Zoe who stepped over to the Marine and began patting him down, searching pockets and pant legs alike before finally standing up and turning to Cyrus, He's clean.

Cyrus nodded and raised his hand, signaling his men to lower their weapons as he approached Raphael himself, Pleasure to meet you sir, Cyrus Kincaid. Raphael, with a gloved hand took Cyrus's own and smiled warmly at the man, Oh no need for introductions sir, I know who you are. You've been making quite the name for yourself since entering the Grand Line several months ago. I have to admit when I first heard you were calling yourself the Reaper of the Revolution I found it comical. Now however...it suits you.

Cyrus nodded, Well thank you, that is very...kind of you to say. Now what can I do for you?

You can leave. Raphael said simply, I figured I'd give you the opportunity to leave and save your crews' lives before we rained hellfire down on you all, simply out of respect of course.

Cyrus chuckled, Respect, huh? You claim respect yet to me it sounds more like fear. What Marine wouldn't love to take in a man with a bounty over 100 million? That's a pretty nice payday if I say so, maybe even a promotion.

Raphael simply held up his hands defensively, but mockingly, Please, make no mistake Mr. Kincaid. Little would give me more pleasure than to put you in chains and drop you on the doorstep of my commanding officer, I simply believe in laying out every option for a man before I best him in battle. Similarly I would never kill an unarmed man. Raphael concluded, nodding to Cyrus's cane Crow which the Revolutionary was currently leaning on.

Cyrus's eyes narrowed as he looked Raphael up and down, but his grin only widened, My my Raphael are you threatening me? If you're going to threaten someone my friend, give it your all. You can't halfass a threat. Allow me to demonstrate. Cyrus said as a ROOM suddenly appeared between both ships. Cyrus, using his cane as an indicator, focused on the Inquisitor and began lifting his cane upward. As he did, so too did the Inquisitor rise up into the air. Slowly at first, but then, finally there it was up in the air, dripping in all its glory as it blotted out the sun. Raphael turned, looking at his ship now in the sky. Cyrus noticed, to the Marine's credit if he was surprised or nervous he didn't show it. For a moment the two simply watched the scared Marines clinging to the railings, masts, and sails of the ship. Some fell, either caught off guard or simply unable to hang on. When they fell they hit the water hard and some resurfaced without moving.

I complied with your rules and am here unarmed. You promised my safety. Raphael spat, turning to Cyrus with hatred in his eyes.

Ah that's where you're mistaken though my new friend. I promised your safety and you, for now, are quite safe, are you not? I never said anything about your friends on the ship, now did I?

You're a manipulative bastard.

No Mr. Zephyr, I am, according to you, a terrorist. If you're going to label me, I might as well act the part. Cyrus said as he unsheathed the blade hidden in Crow and cut outwards towards the ship in the air. Without even touching it, the ship simply bisected in half as Cyrus let it fall. Your ship is going to sink, many of your men will be pulled under by the suction of the sinking ship and drown. Others, who are unfortunate enough to fall under the falling ship pieces will simply be crushed. Cyrus narrated as the exact events played out in front of him and Raphael, the splash from the ship halves rocking Cyrus's own vessel. Cyrus could tell Raphael was beside himself with rage, but was also smart enough to realize that he was unarmed on an enemy ship armed to the teeth and standing within a inches of a man who had just lifted and bisected an entire ship full of Marines without so much as leaving the spot he had been standing on.

Now please Mr. Zephyr, get out of my sight. Cyrus said, moving the floorboards under Raphael so suddenly upward it sent him flying away from the Dreadnaught and into the water below as the Dreadnaught continued its way to the docks of Drum Island. Behind him Cyrus could hear Raphael resurface, cursing him, but his voice was nothing more than white noise to Cyrus. He was no more than a pest that had been taken care of, just another Marine too big for his britches who had picked the wrong fight with the wrong man. Times like these honestly make me wonder when people will stop underestimating us. Cyrus said to no one in particular. That was cool and all Captain, but I have to admit I'm a little pissed you didn't let me shoot anything. Zoe said, pouting behind Cyrus while Old Mei and Yuri returned to their jobs at hand.

All in good time Zoe. I have a feeling there will be plenty of opportunity for bloodshed, Drum certainly hasn't seen the end of it. Today was about making a statement and I'd say we accomplished that. Cyrus said before following Old Mei down the steps to a lower deck where the crew was beginning to prepare to dock. Old Mei, a moment please. He said as the old woman turned to him and walked over, somewhat surprised. I know this won't come as the best news to the crew, but seeing that Marine ship in the bay, I'd like to disembark here and have you take the two ships and the rest of the crew around to the western side of the island. There's a smaller town there, but more importantly a cove where you can hide the Dreadnaught from prying eyes. You're free to disembark but keep some on the two ships at all times and don't leave the small fishing village until I make contact with you again.

Contact with me? Where are you planning to go?

Things appear a bit more dramatic and problematic than I initially thought. I need to get into contact with some old friends, but I need to do it alone.

Old Mei simply sighed and shrugged, You young fools, always jumping into things head first and alone. Just don't get yourself killed, alright? And with that she walked off to deliver the news to the crew.

Spoiler:

2Taking Drum Empty Re: Taking Drum Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:26 am

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Kincaid
Task Name: Brother, Where Art Thou?
Tier: 2
Description: Telling his crew to drop him in Drum and swing around the back side of the island to hide for a bit, Cyrus goes out on his own looking for answers and some friendly faces.
Enemy Details: 20 T1 Palace Guards, 5 T2 Palace Guards
Boss: No

Cyrus Kincaid

Reaper of the Revolution

His crew had been less than pleased to learn they would have to stay on the ship a little while longer as Old Mei directed them out of the bay and around to the East side of the island. Cyrus apologized, but it was for his and their own good as he stood on the docks watching his two ships (well just the one really because that’s all he could see) depart, leaving him standing alone on the island. He stood there until the ship disappeared around the bend, feeling guilty, but knowing it was for the best before turning around and heading into town, Time to get to work. He said simply to himself as he walked across the docks, weaving in and out of the people gathered there.

As he took to the streets, Cyrus noted something…wasn’t quite right here. He had spent plenty of time on Drum in the past and when he had been here the streets had never been this busy. People had mostly tried to stay indoors and out of the elements where they could. The majority of socializing took place indoors where it was warm and safe. So why then were there now market vendor stalls out in the open. Why did he pass people having leisurely chats out on the streets when their warm homes were only steps away. The answer became clear relatively quickly as Cyrus noted a foot patrol of Palace guards turn the corner up ahead of him. They looked angry and ready for a fight with just about anyone unlucky enough to turn in their general direction. Pulling up his hood and pulling the brim of his hat down over his face, Cyrus buried his face in the collar of his jacket as the patrol passed by. For a moment he wasn’t sure if one of them had recognized him as he paused to watch Cyrus walk, but with the prodding of one of his friends, the man fell back into line and continued on his way. It wasn’t that Cyrus was nervous; he could have handled a fight. No, it simply wasn’t the time or place for such things, not yet.

Finally, Cyrus found what he had been looking for in the way of an inn/pub that he had actually lived at for some time during his last trip to Drum. The place had been burned down, completely to ashes, the last time he was here. Apparently however, the owner, a man by the name of Gene, had managed to rebuild it pristinely and Cyrus excitedly stepped in. Unfortunately what waited for him on the other side was a sight that would sour anyone’s mood. At first it wasn’t too apparent what was wrong. It simply appeared to be your average pub with a relatively high number of guests enjoying a drink and some food. However, Cyrus quickly noted the lack of chatter, music, or any form of festivities and merriment. The people here were simply here to drink and eat, not socialize or enjoy one another’s company. It was terribly depressing and oppressive. Cyrus wanted stand upon a table and shout at these lifeless drones. To see one of his favorite establishments reduced to something like this, something so pathetically dreary…a little part of him died that day. Unfortunately, that’s not why he was here today.

Cyrus approached the bar, looking for Gene’s face behind the counter. He wasn’t sure how the old man would react to seeing Cyrus. He knew the old man would recognize him, after all you don’t forget the face of the man who burned down your business with Marines inside. However, to Cyrus’s surprise Gene was nowhere to be found. Instead a younger man stood behind the bar, fitted with stylish glasses and a thin beard. What can I get you? He asked, polishing a mug as he looked at Cyrus. Something warm ideally preferably a cider of some sort maybe, thank you. The man nodded and went off to retrieve a clean mug, filling it with hot apple cider before adding a dash of bourbon to spice it up and setting in front of Cyrus. If you don’t mind me asking, what happened to Gene? He used to run this place the last time I was here. Cyrus asked, taking a long sip from the cider. It was delicious and immediately warmed him from the inside out. Cyrus studied the man after asking his question and noted the way in which he seemed perplexed by the question, mulling over how to answer before proceeding, Gene? Ah yes, he…retired some time ago. I believe he left the island honestly, for his sake I hope to somewhere warm. The man certainly earned a vacation.

Cyrus simply nodded, agreeing that he could drink to that, but knowing full well it was a boldfaced lie. What in the hell was going on with these people here? Can I get you anything else? The bartender asked as he placed the now clean mug behind him on the wrack with the rest of them. As a matter of fact you may be able to help me with something. Cyrus said, leaning in closer to keep the conversation private. On his left and right the stools were empty save for a single man down at the end but he appeared asleep as it was. Whether from exhaustion or alcohol consumption Cyrus couldn’t be sure. What exactly is going on here? This isn’t a pub or a bar. There’s no joy here. People are simply consuming food to stay alive and then leaving. Gene would never run his place like this. Even as Cyrus spoke he could tell the bartender was becoming increasingly uncomfortable and fidgety. He leaned in, almost whispering to Cyrus, It’s direct orders from the King. If anyone is caught conversing in private, they will be publicly beat. People take to the streets to speak with loved ones now, braving the elements. Hell, I saw a child and mother freeze in a blizzard last week because the mother couldn’t understand what was ailing the child.

Okay, now Cyrus was angry. This was barbaric, making your citizens live in fear. Was the king truly that nervous? That concerned with traitors that he allowed his citizens to freeze to death out in the elements? Before he could say anything else, a band of Palace Guards entered the tavern, loud and boisterous as patrons of pubs should be but Cyrus was too disgusted with their existence to care. He and the bartender remained silent as several of the guards approached the bar, crowding around Cyrus who simply kept his head low. They ordered drinks before one of them finally decided to acknowledge Cyrus, Oy, you look new here. Get up, you’re in my seat. Cyrus was not a man to be bullied, certainly not by this scum, so he decided to anger the man, frustrate him a bit into throwing the first punch before teaching him a lesson about bullies. Huh…weird, I don’t happen to see your name on it my friend. I believe your mistaken.

Alright you little shit, I was being nice. Get up or my friends here will get you up. The man said, gritting his teeth as his friends turned, hands resting on their weapons. Cyrus looked at each of them, behind them the rest of the patrol had found seats at tables but now they were taking an interest in the bar area happenings as well. Cyrus nodded, mulling over his options before raising his glass to the bully guard, My apologies, please, allow me to buy you a drink as a proper apology. Cyrus said before tossing the remainder of his rather hot cider into the guards face. In the same moment he brought the thick glass of the mug against the temple of the guard standing beside him, shattering the mug and most likely part of the man’s skull as the poor guard went down in a heap. With bully guard staggering backwards trying to get the piping hot cider out of his eyes, Cyrus flicked Crow around, still as a cane and pushed directly into one of the guard’s adam’s apples as he reached for his sword. Cyrus felt it break under his cane as the man went down gasping for air. The fourth man surrounding Cyrus had pulled out his gun, but Cyrus simply jumped up, grabbing the man’s arm and pulling it in front of himself before aiming it at the bully guard with the now blistering face. With a quick, upward spike of Crow into the gunman’s elbow, the pistol went off, shooting the bully in the chest as he crumpled to the floor. Cyrus then turned the man’s body as his friends at the table decided to pull out their own guns. Using the man’s body as a shield, he could feel each individual bullet puncture the man as he spit blood across the bar top behind Cyrus, Terribly sorry about that old friend, but it was either you or me and I rather like me you know.

Cyrus considered putting a ROOM up briefly, but decided that would be too easy and that this was far more fun. What better way to have more fun than to scare the shit out of these poor bastards as he activated his newly unlocked Kenbunshoku Haki and dropped the bleeding bullet pillow to the ground in front of him. For those of you that don't know me, He said, walking towards the remaining guards and twitching his body every so often to dodge the incoming bullets, I am known as the Reaper of the Revolution. As you can see, that title is relatively fitting. As your friends who come to retrieve your bodies will soon see, it is very fitting indeed. Cyrus finished as he suddenly closed the gap between himself and the nearest pistol wielding guard. In a blur Cyrus suddenly appeared behind him and for a moment there was only silence as the other guards watched. Then, a second later, the man's neck erupted in a fountain of crimson blood, his head slipping from his shoulders and onto the ground. Cyrus heard curses and swears from the other Marines as they reloaded their weapons. Some gave up on the guns, drawing swords as they charged Cyrus. He dispatched them quickly, seeing each of their intended slashes in slow motion thanks to his Haki. Expertly dancing through them, Cyrus spun and slashed at the most exposed, vital areas of the guards. He painted the floor scarlet before turning to the remaining guards who now stood shakily, raising unsteady weapons in his direction. There was silence, even from the crowd of civilians who had gathered safely at the corners of the bar and away from the madness.

W-what are you? One of the guards stammered, his gun raised at Cyrus but shaking so wildly the odds that a single round would actually hit him were dismally low.

For you? I am Death. Cyrus said before unsheathing Crow and stabbing the air several times. Wind bullets would rip towards the men's chests and heads and upon impact shred their bodies. They would suffer quick deaths and Cyrus felt no pity for them, after all he was a merciful god. Wiping off some of the splattered blood from his jacket with a nearby napkin, Cyrus looked around at the bodies that lay on the floor. The wall behind the group he had dispatched of had been blown out by his latest attack and he looked at the young bar tender, who appeared ready to throw up, Sorry about the mess...and the wall. I promise to repay you and get it fixed, once I own this island of course. Cyrus said before dropping the bloodied napkin on the table once more and making for the door, whistling as he went. Not exactly the deep cover approach he had been looking for, but sometimes you needed to just cut loose and have a little fun.

Spoiler:

3Taking Drum Empty Re: Taking Drum Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:32 pm

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Kincaid
Task Name: All These Friendly Faces
Tier: 1
Description: After making contact with the Drumlins once again, Cyrus receives a much needed update on the state of the island. (Information/plot task)
Enemy Details: -

Cyrus Kincaid

Reaper of the Revolution

After Cyrus left the chaos at the bar, he quickly moved down streets, not taking any easily followed path, mostly because he wasn’t sure where to go next. Apparently the King had come down hard on the people of Drum Island after Cyrus’s little escapades several months ago. The Marines had noticed the activity around Drum, the utter chaos and most likely seized the opportunity as well. Whatever was going on, things were bad here and Cyrus could only hope the Marines hadn’t constructed another one of those labs like the one he found on Jaya. If those creatures got loose here, he shuddered to think what would happen. At least Jaya had the protection of a Pirate Titan, but Drum had, what? A King who would simply shut his doors and barricade himself in until those mutants died out, watching from atop his ivory tower as his people were devoured and ripped to shreds. Just thinking about it made his blood boil, but there was no use in jumping to conclusions just yet. No, first he’d need to find the Drumlins and figure out what was really happening on this island.

As if on cue, as Cyrus passed an alleyway on his right, now long past the bar, the world fell into darkness. He felt the hood go over his face and firm hands grab him and pull him into the alley. However, Cyrus didn’t struggle, instead he said with joy, Finally, I was wondering when you guys would show up. However the bag muffled some of his words, making for quite the comical albeit comedic scene. Knowing it was the Drumlins, Cyrus simply went along for the ride, So, how have you guys been? Long time no see…literally, I can’t even see if I know any of you or not. Is the bag really necessary? Cyrus asked, sighing but the Drumlins said nothing in response, simply leading him into the unknown.

The journey took about ten minutes or so of walking completely blind through the streets until eventually they made it to the same dingy basement-like/sort of warehouse facility Cyrus had first met the Drumlins in so many months ago. He was placed in a chair, muttering, I’m having a strong sense of Déjà vu here guys, just without the kinky arm restraints from last time. He said to the darkness until the hood was eventually removed from his head and he was given his hat back. The man handing him the hat was an old friend and coincidentally the leader of the rag tag team of rebels known as the Drumlins. Raul? You son of a bitch, how have you been? Cyrus asked, standing from the chair and taking the shorter man’s forearm in hand, a sign of friendly greeting.

Hello my friend, I must apologize for the way you were handled. It is simply how we do things, even with returning acquaintances. Raul said, taking Cyrus’s forearm in his own hand, returning the greeting. Cyrus simply held up a hand, dismissing Raul’s concerns, Think nothing of it. You can repay me by explaining what the hell is going on in this place. Cyrus said with a warm grin, but Raul’s expression only soured, Ah yes, I’m afraid that is a bit of a story. I can’t tell you how overjoyed we are to see you again, we certainly need your help this time. Please, come with me. Raul said as he lead Cyrus deeper into the basement/warehouse building. Can I get you anything? Food? Drink? Raul asked as they walked before arriving at several tables covered in maps and blueprints. Water would be great, thank you. Cyrus requested and Raul snapped his fingers, pointing at the nearest Drumlin who then ran off to fetch Cyrus’s water. Here is a map of our island currently, it is our most recent. Please feel free to look it over and tell me what you see. Raul said, pointing to the top map on one of the tables.

Cyrus stepped forward, looking over the map carefully and seeing the different villages that dotted the lower part of Drum Island. Up top in the mountains was the castle, but there was something odd on the western side of the island, a new building. A very large new building. What on earth is that? Cyrus asked, pointing to this oddity. Ah how perceptive you are my friend. You see that is our concern right now, that is the Marine’s new base and jail. They raised an entire village to begin building that. The people were jailed or, for those who resisted, butchered. A few months later, this compound, fortress really, was erected. Cyrus frowned, trying to make sense of it all, I don’t understand. The Marines can be pricks but they’re not usually that openly aggressive, certainly not on their own. What changed?

Our great King called them in, gave them full leave to do whatever they deemed necessary to help secure the island. It would seem after our little rebellion he became far more nervous, calling for aid from across the sea. He also tightened up security, enforcing curfews and the utmost ridiculous laws. The Marine Lieutenant they sent over to spear head the mission is…a problem himself. A cruel bastard to say the least. Perhaps you’ve heard of him, Zephyr I believe his last name is, Raphael Zephyr.

Cyrus thought back to throwing Raphael into the ocean not that long ago at all really and couldn’t help but smile, Ah yes we’ve met. Raul nodded, Yes well, he's already taken out several dozen of our people in the last few months. Butchered them and hung them atop the bannisters of this new prison as a show of what happens to those who disobey and go against his, or the king's, orders. Cyrus thought about the few numbers the Drumlins already had and became immediately discouraged upon hearing this. That meant there could only be a handful of them left. However, some good has come of all this. Raul continued, Due to the King's recent aggression and now these Marines, recruitment numbers into our rebel team have never been higher. The people of Drum Island are scared, but more importantly they are angry my friend. They are ready for change and they want to spill blood, there has never been a better time to act. Now, with your help, perhaps we stand a chance. What of the Revolution? Drum was always considered their territory until the Marines started moving in. Will they aid us?

Cyrus nodded, looking over the maps and schematics on the tables, I have a crew of over fifty men right now, all eager to fight and good at it as well. We have two ships with relatively impressive payload capabilities if I do say so myself, and I do. We would be more than happy to help take this island back. I'll get into contact with the Revolution and see if they can't spare a few more friends to our cause. For now though, we need to figure out how to take out this jail. Something tells me there are plenty of other interested recruitees sitting in the depths of that prison, just hoping for a weapon and a chance. I say, let's give it to them. Cyrus finished, smiling that mischievous grin of his.

Aye my friend, let's raise some hell, just like before. Raul concluded as the two sat down to go over supplies, numbers, and battle tactics.

Spoiler:

4Taking Drum Empty Re: Taking Drum Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:06 pm

Blanco Bean

Pirates
Pirates

Blanco Bean
Tier 3 Task

18,000,000 Bounty
1,000,000 Beli
20,000 EP
3SP

Tier 2 Task

2,000,000 Bounty
500,000 Beli
10,000EP
2SP

Tier 1 Task

1SP
5,000EP

5Taking Drum Empty Re: Taking Drum Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:08 pm

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Kincaid
Task Name: Guantanamo
Description: After hearing about the state of the island from the Drumlins, Cyrus decides to make his move on the newly built Marine base while their numbers are thin from Cyrus’s initial arrival. Calling in his crew and their ships, it’s time to raise hell on Drum.
Enemy Details: 200 T0 Marines, 100 T1 Marines, 50 T2 Marines, 25 T3 Marines
Ally Details: 25 T0 Drumlins, 15 T1 Drumlins, 10 T2 Drumlins + Cyrus’s Crew
Spoiler:

Cyrus Kincaid

Reaper of the Revolution

According to Raul and his friends, the jail was on the East side of the island, otherwise known as the exact opposite location of Cyrus’s crew. Getting in contact with them had been…annoying to say the least. The first three Den Den Mushi calls to Old Mei hadn’t even been picked up, leaving Cyrus to listen to a ringing snail for a good ten minutes. Drumming his fingers on the map filled table with the fourth call going out, Cyrus finally received the click he had been waiting for as Old Mei picked up. Immediately the room was filled with the loud ruckus of a pub. Cyrus could hear people drinking, laughing, and doing god only knows what else wherever Old Mei was. In fact, he could even make out some of his own men’s voices in the background. Rolling his eyes, Cyrus asked, Mei? Old Mei? Can you hear me?
Hold on, hold on. Bad connection boy-o, let me get a better one.
It’s not the connection that’s the problem. Cyrus muttered into the snail phone.
What?!
I SAID IT’S NOT THE CONNECTION THAT’S TH-
Oye, no need to yell boy. I’m right here. Old Mei interrupted and Cyrus noticed that the background noise coming from his Den Den Mushi was noticeably quieter.
Where the hell are you?
The majority of us are in some pub in on the mainland. Quaint little place, the crew mostly took it over. Especially when those new recruits showed up from HQ. Don’t think the owner minds too much though, considering we’re probably paying his rent for the next year.
The new recruits? Cyrus asked, confused. He had mentioned that he was going to send word to the Revolution asking for help in this next part of the mission, but he hadn’t actually gotten a chance to yet.
Aye, apparently the Revolution sent them over when they heard you were taking up the mission to run these Marine bastards outta town. I’d say there’s a good hundred or so of them here now. Old Mei said, nonchalant.
Cyrus nearly choked on his own spit at the surprise growth of his crew, I’m sorry did you say one hundred? As in one and two zeroes? They sent over one hundred men?
Oye, and women you pig. We ladies can put up just as good-
That’s not my point. Mei our crew has tripled in size in a day. This is fantastic. Cyrus said, cutting off the old woman before she could get too worked up. Anyway, I’m calling to tell you I need the ships to circle around and pick me up on the south east side of the island. Actually, less of a pick up and more of a drop off now that we have so many extra hands. I’ll need a few dozen or so to come with me while the rest of you wait to swing around and start unleashing hell on the Marine base.
Ah just like back on Jaya, aye?
Something like that, Cyrus said with a grin, I’ll see you in a few hours.

Well it had been a few hours since that talk and now Cyrus was peeking over a rock out cropping at the Marine prison named “Guantanamo” by Raul and his people. Cyrus looked down at the massive building, nearly a perfect rectangle of several thousand square feet. At least five stories, though Raul had mentioned that there were an unknown number of subterranean levels below. Circling around the builing was a barbed wire fence with four guard towers in each corner. There was one entrance and one entrance only and that came in the form of the dock area. Our numbers estimate at least three hundred Marines man the building at any given hour. The man in charge is a Marine lieutenant by the name of Raphael Zephyr. Raul said, laying on his stomach beside Cyrus as the two scoped out the area. Ah yes, we were well acquainted back in the bay. I’m sure he’ll be happy to see me. Cyrus said with a smile before sliding backwards on his stomach and away from the jail. Raul gave him a skeptical and inquisitive look but said nothing. From what I can tell our best bet would be several different distractions. Spread out their numbers and just keep the high ground. We have surprise on our side, always something good. Cyrus said to Raul as the two returned to their group of soldiers. From Cyrus’s crew he had brought about twenty men including Zoe who was currently checking her twin revolvers and ammo belt. Raul however had brought a small army of about fifty Drumlins all armed to the teeth with weapons. However, they weren’t all with them as half had been told to go to the other side of the jail and scout that area, waiting for word from Raul to proceed.

Explain to me why you can’t just do that thing you did back on Jaya where you picked the whole place up and dropped it out of the sky? I don’t see why we have to get dragged into this. Zoe said sarcastically. Cyrus could feel Raul look up at him with some form of either amazement or disbelief. Um..yeah I’ll have to explain that later. Cyrus said to Raul before answering Zoe, This isn’t just some Marine base, they have prisoners in there. Both civilians who should be saved and Drumlins who we need to save for the good of this war. If I completely destroy the building and kill everyone inside…well I think you understand the picture now. Cyrus finished and Zoe waved him off with a, yeah yeah.

Alright Raul, my people are ready. It’s your call. Once your men on the other side of the facility start firing and draw the attention to them, that’s when we move. Raul nodded before radioing over to his men on the other side. A minute later, shots rang out as Cyrus peered around the rock outcropping they were using for cover just in time to see a Marine guard on foot drop dead, a fountain of crimson blood spewing from his head. More guards dropped as the Drumlin snipers took expert aim at their prey and for a moment it seemed as if the Marines simply weren’t noticing the amassing number of bodies in their front yard. Then the alarm went off and all hell broke loose as Marines poured out from the building. Some took to the roof with snipers of their own. Others charged out of the building on foot and straight towards the rocks the Drumlins were hiding in. For a moment Cyrus simply stared in awe at the Marines response. They weren’t just mobilizing, they were pissed. Huh, alright well, no time like the present. Cyrus said as he lead the charge down towards the jail.

It was actually quite comical, watching the Marines realize just how much shit they were in as only some turned away from the other side of the island to notice Cyrus’s division charging towards them. Some looked scared, others just kept looking pissed, a few simply stood frozen in confusion. From behind Cyrus someone, a Drumlin most likely, hucked a small explosive towards the barbed wire fence, blowing an opening for everyone to charge through. Bullets whizzed by as the Marines decided to take action against this new threat. To Cyrus’s left a Drumlin took a bullet to the chest and Cyrus didn’t have time to look back and see the damage. Okay, another question, remind me why we didn’t take Yuri with us for this idiotic plan? Zoe yelled in Cyrus’s ear as she dropped the Marine sniper that had hit the Drumlin radical. A medic on board the ship is better than a dead medic. Cyrus shouted back as they made their way through the hole in the fence and began clashing with the enemy troops. Steel sparked with steel as blood soaked the sand from bullet wounds and gashes alike. Cyrus nearly tripped over a Marine choking on his own blood after a Drumlin had slit his throat. After gutting a Marine himself, and taking inventory of the battle, Cyrus decided to call in the big guns, Old Mei, you’re up! Cyrus barked into his Den Den Mushi while fending off the cutlass of an overzealous Marine. As Cyrus placed his Den Den Mushi back into his pocket, the Marine’s head exploded from a revolver round, spraying Cyrus with blood and grey matter. He looked to his right where Zoe stood with a literal smoking pistol, I had it under control, clearly. Cyrus said, but Zoe simply shrugged, You seemed busy.

As she spoke the Dreadnaught and Nautilus rounded the corner of the bay and began open fire on the beach, specifically the Marine area. Now to contend with the brandished steel and various flying bullets, Cyrus had added cannonballs to the mix. In front of him entire groups of Marines suddenly became airborne, and at times it was only parts of them as Old Mei unleashed hell. Noticing an opening in the frenzy, Cyrus looked to Raul and Zoe before shouting, Come on, with Old Mei providing cover fire our people can finish up here on the beach. The two nodded before following Cyrus through the parting crowd and into Guantanamo.

Inside they met several Marine forces, many of which put up a good fight as the trio dove into a nearby office room to avoid heavy gun fire down the hallway. Is that a fucking machine gun they have set up down the hall? Cyrus asked as bullets punctured the walls overhead. You bet your ass it is, beautiful little piece too. What I wouldn't give to- Zoe stopped as she noticed the gunfire had as well. Cyrus Kincaid, I know you're in there. You may come out, your little friends as well. Raphael Zephyr's voice broke the sudden, eery silence. Cyrus hesitated, unsure of how to respond, Hey that's a pretty good trick, get us to poke our heads out just enough for you to turn that thing back on and mow us down. I'll have to keep that in mind for some other time, thanks. Cyrus called down the hallway from the office room the three of them were in. Beside him Raul had pulled out the blueprints to the place and was feverishly flipping through the pages. Please, I'm no fool. The little stunt you pulled back in the bay showed me enough of what you can do. In fact this entire building is probably surrounded in one of your little ROOMs right now, isn't it? Honestly you could simply pick this gun up right now and turn it on us. Raphael said and Cyrus swore under his breath, this guy really did have some good ideas. Zoe picked up on it too as Cyrus shook his head to tell her he didn't actually have a ROOM up right now. In response she simply rolled her eyes, mouthing, "you're an idiot", to which Cyrus mouthed, "I know!"

Raul grabbed Cyrus by the arm, pointing down at the blueprints he held in his hands to show that the room they were in was directly above a hallway in the jail cell portion of this building. I'm sorry Raphy, but I'm going to have to take an unfortunate rain check. Maybe next Tuesday? Cyrus said before opening a ROOM and slicing down at the floor beneath Raul and Zoe. The two dropped through the crevice as Cyrus jumped in after them. Cyrus landed hard, biting back pain in his ankles as he took in his surroundings. Most noticeably was the scared Drum Island civilian in front of him. Oh, hi there. Sorry to barge into your...um, cell, like this but my name's Cyrus and- oh forget it. Look we're getting you out of here okay? That's all that matters. Cyrus said, flicking his sword across the bars that comprised the door and watching them fall to the ground. Cyrus stepped into the hallway of the jail cell wing and looked around. Each and every cell had anywhere from one to four prisoners. With his ROOM still up Cyrus decided on the easiest course of action, Alright listen up, for those of you that don't want to be bisected, you have five seconds to drop to the floor. Cyrus shouted down the corridor for everyone to hear. That includes you two. He said to Raul and Zoe who looked at each other before dropping to crouches themselves.

Alright, here we go. Cyrus yelled before spinning in a circle, his sword outstretched as he bisected the entire hallway in two, but specifically the bars that housed the prisoners. As people poured out into the hallway and Raul began connecting with some of his warriors, Cyrus decided to get everyone on the same page, Alright, in case you somehow aren't hearing that cannon fire upstairs, there is currently a battle raging up there. Some of you are fighters, others aren't. I ask that the recently freed Drumlins and any civilians willing to fight for their freedom please protect those less apt to protect themselves. Any weapon you see, pick up. If you do not know how to use it, hand it to someone else. Keep your head down and don't stop moving. Now let's go. Cyrus said turning towards the stairway that would lead them back up to the ground floor and out the building, just in time to see the door open and Raphael Zephyr step through. He stood at the top of the stairs, clapping, I must say Cyrus you would make a wonderful leader. The way you order people around, quality directions I must say. It's a shame I'll have to kill you.

I'm not sure if you're courageous or just an idiot Raphael. You've seen what I can do, you said it yourself. Stand down and you'll get to live another day.
Hmm you're right. We're both men of the sword yet here you are with a rather ridiculous weapon in the form of a Devil Fruit. However, I too have a bit of information you might want to consider. Did you not think it interesting that this entire floor didn't collapse when you sliced through it? We have seastone enforced beams to support the building. Why, you might ask? Well to be fair, we weren't planning for someone of your caliber, however when we wired each and every one of the cells with high ordnance explosives, we knew we'd need something stronger to keep the building upright should we ever need to mass execute the prisoners. Raphael said with what could only be described as a bored smile, as if this was a common, every day occurrence for him, So here is my proposition. You fight me without using your fruit. You win and the prisoners go free as, naturally I'll be dead and to be honest by the time we're done so will most of the Marines. Honestly your people are giving us quite the lashing out there I must say, bravo. I win however and I get to claim the scalp of the great Reaper of the Revolution, and all of the prisoners go back where they belong in their cells. If you're thinking of using your fruit and simply dispatching of me outright, know that there is a man upstairs with his hand hovering just one inch from the trigger button for these explosives with orders to hit the little bastard as hard as his fat sausage fingers can muster should I not return in the next, Raphael looked down at his wrist where a watch was located, Oh thirty seconds or so. So, to that I ask, your answer?

Cyrus bit his lip, careful not to antagonize this clearly deranged man anymore than he had to before snapping his fingers and dropping his ROOM, Fine, you're on. Raphael smiled, Ah simply marvelous. I knew you weren't a man to back down from a challenge. Raphael pulled out a Den Den Mushi and spoke a few words into it, most likely telling the Marine upstairs to stand down. Then, without warning Raphael was suddenly upon him, stabbing forward with his rapier. Had it not been for his newly acquired haki the tip of the sword would have pierced his heart. Instead it simply scraped off his chest, ripping his shirt to reveal blackened skin underneath as Cyrus raised his own sword to begin facing off against the Marine, Ah a man of Haki I see. I too dabble in the art of Haki. Allow me to demonstrate. Raphael goaded as a sudden invisible force washed over Cyrus and the people behind him. Almost instantly they began dropping to the floor, Raul and Zoe included. Ah I'm impressed you managed to stay upright, I truly have underestimated you. Oh but look, you seem so confused. Your friends are alive, relax. This is a fun little trick called Conqueror's Haki. As I said you have your tricks, and I have mine. Raphael said as he began pressing the offensive. Cyrus could do nothing but perry the attacks with his own blade and even at that he was having trouble. Hmm relying on that magic fruit of yours a bit too much lately? Let me show you what a true swordsman can do, unlike an imposture. Raphael said as his strikes suddenly sped up and began actually landing on Cyrus. Blood was drawn as Cyrus couldn't keep up with his haki enough to actually block the hundreds of attacks that now rained down upon him. However, Cyrus could tell Raphael was playing with him as each cut was shallow and never aimed at anything particularly vital. Finally, stepping back and away from engagement, Cyrus's clothes were shredded, his arms, legs and even his cheek all oozing blood.

Raphael stood straight up and looked Cyrus up and down in silence before throwing his head back, one hand gripping his forehead as he bellowed out a laugh, Oh my this is more fun than I ever could have expected. Look at you, you're like a beaten beast. Stupid, confused and completely at my mercy. Raphael said, his voice taking a sinister turn at the end of his speech. Cyrus had to admit, he was a bit worse for the ware, but he wasn't done yet. Sheathing Crow back into his cane, Cyrus stood up straight, You're right, you're the better swordsman. I can't hope to defeat you in a battle of the blades. I'm tired, not just my body, but tired of hearing your voice so do me the mercy of wrapping this up. Cyrus said, noticing he had clearly struck a nerve with Raphael as the man's look turned to that of annoyance, Very well, I can only respect a man who admits when someone has gotten the better of him. It was fun while it lasted Cyrus Kincaid. Raphael said before charging towards him, just as Cyrus had anticipated. Snapping his fingers, a ROOM would surround the two as Cyrus raised his cane between Raphael and himself. The man would be stopped from landing his blow as his chest came in contact with the butt of the cane. Unfortunately for Raphael this also meant his heart would emerge from the back of his chest, landing behind him and rolling down the stairs to Cyrus where he stopped the cubed heart with his foot, resting the heel on the still beating organ.

For a long moment Raphael simply stood on the stairs breathing heavily, confused. That confusion quickly turned to anger as he realized what had happened, You cheat! You lying dirty cheat! You're not a man, you're a coward. A swordsman? Ha! Hahahahaha. You're worthless without that godforsaken fruit, absolutely worthless. Raphael screamed at Cyrus, clearly some part of his psyche having finally snapped. To shut him up, or rather calm him down, Cyrus simply applied pressure to the cubed heart with his foot, resulting in Raphael suddenly wheezing in pain. I never said I was an honorable man, but I'm someone who can get things done. No matter what I will finish what I have begun and for me, and the people I work with, that is more important. I plan to rule this island, far better than it's currently being run now. However, leaders need to be willing to make choices and I will do whatever it takes to give these people, to give MY people, a better chance. Now tell your remaining men to stand down, this battle is over.

Raphael swallowed hard, staring at his heart beneath Cyrus's foot before nodding and making an announcement across the compound with his Den Den Mushi, This is Marine Lieutenant Raphael Zephyr. To those of you still fighting, stand down, we are admitting defeat and at the mercy of our attackers. A few moments later the fighting outside began to die down until only the sounds of Marines being disarmed and handcuffed with their own equipment could be heard. I suppose I should take my place in one of these cells then, eh? Raphael asked jokingly, though Cyrus could see the hatred in the man's eyes. Behind him, the escaped prisoners were beginning to stir and Zoe and Raul came to first. What in the hell is going on? Zoe asked, still groggy but beginning to take in the situation. The battle is over, Lieutenant Zephyr has admitted defeat and his men have been ordered to stand down. Zoe chuckled, shaking her head, Not too shabby for a day's work. I wonder if he'd fetch some nice ransom money from the- Zoe froze as Cyrus crushed Raphael's heart beneath his heel, Holy fuck Captain! Cyrus watched as the life went out of Raphael's eyes and simply stepped aside as his body fell down the flight of stairs past him. I'm a man who gets things done Zoe, never forget that. Cyrus said as the rest of the former prisoners began waking up. He headed up the stairs before Raul called up to him, What of the remaining Marines? Shall we put them down here? Cyrus paused in the doorway, Tell your men what you wish, but I'm ordering mine to kill them. If the World Government wishes to label us as terrorists, let's at least give them a good reason to. Cyrus said before leaving Zoe and Raul to escort the prisoners up and out of the jail area. Outside he passed along his orders to his men, some followed without questions, others hesitated but in the end every one of them followed his orders. Cyrus wasn't sure why he suddenly felt this way. Perhaps like Raphael, he had experienced some form of mental break. Perhaps it was the way Raphael had acted towards him, as if he knew Cyrus better than even Cyrus knew himself. It felt good to end the bastards life and, as Cyrus watched from the beach, it even felt good to see those Marines beg for their lives before being systematically executed. This was a new feeling, a scary feeling, the exact opposite of how he had felt the last time he had been on Drum and valuing other's lives. If the world wanted to see him as a murdered and a terrorist then he'd start acting like it.

Spoiler:

6Taking Drum Empty Re: Taking Drum Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:35 pm

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Kincaid
Task Name: Rallying the Troops
Tier: 1
Description: After freeing numerous, wrongly imprisoned citizens from the Marine Base, Cyrus uses the momentum of the moment to begin rallying the commoners of Drum Island all across the towns and settlements of the island.
Enemy Details:

Cyrus Kincaid

Reaper of the Revolution

Cyrus knew Zoe had told the others about what he had done to Raphael, and the grunts who were on the beach were surely talking with the others about being ordered to butcher those Marines, but he didn’t concern himself with public image for the time being. His crew had followed orders, even if it had been begrudgingly and that’s all that mattered now. Actually, come to think of it the next part of the plan was all about public image. Raul? Are you and your people in position? Cyrus spoke into his Den Den Mushi as he made his way into the main town of Drum Island, backed by half of the escaped prisoners and some native Drumlins. Meanwhile Raul and some of his people had taken the other half of the prisoners to the other side of the island to stop in a settlement over there. The plan was to begin rallying troops for an all out offensive and rebellion against the king.

Indeed, we are ready. There’s a surprising number of people out in the square on this side of the island. It should go well. Raul spoke back to Cyrus. Cyrus surveyed his own plot of town watching the commoners mill about. A guard platoon rounded the corner and passed by Cyrus, who stood at the mouth of an alleyway watching, the escaped prisoners ducking in the shadows behind him and out of sight. Morning gents. Cyrus said pleasantly, tipping the brim of his hat to them as they passed by. One grunted in reply but moved on without any problems. As Cyrus watched them round the corner and continue down the street, he mentally counted to sixty before talking back over his shoulder,

Alright people, get ready, it’s show time. With that, the Reaper of the Revolution moved towards the center of the square. On his way he grabbed an old wooden crate resting beside a food stand. Dropping the crate in the middle of the square, Cyrus took his position atop it as freed prisoners made a large ring around him. Tapping the metal head of his cane on the ground with force loud enough to get people’s attention, Cyrus yelled, Excuse me folks, if I might have your attention! People began to pause in what they were doing and look towards this crazy man atop his wooden box. Hello there folks, some of you may know me, possibly from the paper, though who reads those things anymore, am I right? Anyway, my name is Cyrus Kincaid, AKA the Reaper of the Revolution, AKA your knight in shining arm, yes honey I’m looking at you in the back. He said with a playful wink to one of the rather curvy young women who’s eye he had drawn, I stand here before you to let you know that Raphael Zephyr is dead, his marines are dead, and the jail they called Guantanamo? That massive building they erected to wrongly imprison you per the king’s orders? It is now under my control and it shall never be used as a jail for you people again. Look around, your friends and family are free. The king’s power has begun to crumble and it is only a matter of time before he finds out what happened at Guantanamo. Cyrus said, looking around at each and every face. As he did so some of the people took notice of the freed prisoners, recognizing loved ones they had not seen in months and running to them for embraces.

I stand here before you asking not for thanks or gratitude, but for support and for courage. It is my wish to free the people of Drum from this tyrannical dictator. As I stand here speaking to you today, my friends, members of a group you may recognize as the Drumlins, freedom fighters for you, the people, are currently delivering similar speeches all across Drum Island. We are rallying support for this revolution and it starts with you. Revolutions live and die with the people, so I ask will you fight on your feet for the freedom you so much deserve? Or will you die on your knees?

There was an eerie silence that washed over the crowd as dozens upon dozens of faces stared back at Cyrus, unsure of how to proceed. He looked to the freed prisoners who all gave him the same look, one even shrugged, no words of encouragement to offer. As Cyrus opened his mouth to speak again, a voice in the crowd shouted, We fight! Then, like a tide rushing up to meet him, more voices joined in. Soon there was a chorus of voices joining in chanting, "We fight!" over and over again. Cyrus silently watched the crowd, passing over each and everyone of them. He closed his eyes, letting the voices flow through him unbarred by other senses. As the crowd began to die down, Cyrus took over once more, Then, brothers and sisters, I ask of you to not fear these guards. Take up arms. The Drumlins will provide what they can but be courageous in your endeavors. Shovels and axes work as well as any sword. For those that wish to not spill blood, take from them everything else. Refuse service, hoard food, poison their drink. We will stand with you. Together we are strong. Together we will bring the king down from his high throne and show him what it means to be a citizen of Drum Island. Cyrus said, raising his cane sword in the air triumphantly.

As he did so, palace guards came running around the corner, clearly being tipped off by the chanting and Cyrus's speech. They began shouting at Cyrus and the crowd as a whole, telling them all to break it up and move along. As Cyrus stepped down from his make-shift podium, he began to move towards the guards but was stopped by the outstretched hand of a citizen, Together we are strong, yes? Then please, let us show you how strong we are my friend. The man was large, well built and had the apron of a blacksmith. He moved through the crowd, which more-so parted around him than anything else. Cyrus watched as he approached a guard from behind who was currently grabbing a citizen and trying to shove her away from the square. With one quick blow the blacksmith brought his hammer down on the guard's head. The guard dropped like a sack of bricks, crumpling to the floor as brain matter and blood oozed from his crushed helmet. For a moment there was only paralyzed silence and then, the entire world blew up as the crowd found their energy and began beating the shoulders with whatever they could find. The palace guards drew their weapons as Cyrus watched and while some of them managed to cut down a few commoners, there were far too many for the guards to handle. Cyrus could already see this skirmish was over before it had begun. As he dropped back into the shadows, allowing the chaos to unfold he decided that even though he probably could have saved those commoners the guards had managed to attack, their deaths would be more powerful. They would die as martyrs to the cause and Cyrus could use that momentum to keep this Revolution burning for as long as he needed.

Spoiler:

7Taking Drum Empty Re: Taking Drum Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:38 pm

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Kincaid
Place Holder for my purposes.

Total Overage Accumulated in tasks: 1768 words.

8Taking Drum Empty Re: Taking Drum Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:47 pm

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Kincaid
Task Name: Guerilla Warfare
Tier: 2
Description: With the troops rallied, Cyrus begins guerilla war tactics, destroying supply lines and cutting off resources going to the castle.
Enemy Details: 50 T0 Palace Guards, 30 T1 Palace Guards, 20 T2 Palace Guards

Cyrus Kincaid

Reaper of the Revolution

Cyrus was back in the dingy warehouse/basement the Drumlins called HQ after inciting the riot back on the streets above. He was currently looking over a map of the island, various routes up to the castle and supply lines that took necessities like water and food up to the mountains when he felt a hand clasp him on the shoulder. Turning his head to see who this individual might be, Cyrus smiled as he recognized Raul, Hello my friend, I heard your speech went over well with the citizens. The Drumlin leader spoke with great enthusiasm. Cyrus nodded, Indeed, they seemed…inspired. Cyrus decided on before asking, And what of the other two major towns? How did they respond? Raul frowned in thought, reflecting on his own conquest and inspirational movements in the last few hours, Similar to your own I would have to say. Though, they were hesitant at first, once we showed them their freed loved ones and spoke about the destruction of the jail house it seemed to light a bit of a fire under them. It was quite extraordinary to watch honestly. Cyrus nodded, Good, good, that’s good to hear. Did you meet any resistance? Raul shook his head, Not in my village, it was relatively calm. Apparently the king isn’t as worried about that side of the island considering it doesn’t have an accessible port. Cyrus nodded in acknowledgement. That made sense, according to the maps that village looked over a steep cliff with no clear access to the sea. The only good that came from there were the mines, in terms of the king’s desires anyway, which is where most of his gold and jewels came from. It was easy enough to send down a squad of guards every once in awhile to shakedown the people, no need to divert a large body of guards to that area.

One of my generals did report that a band of palace guards fired into the crowd at the third location. They were dealt with quickly however, with only a few civilian casualties. Raul concluded his report. Cyrus frowned, That’s unfortunate, but possibly for the best. It’s easy to hate someone through words but when you witness bloodshed firsthand it’s much easier to let that hate flow through you freely.
Aye Raul nodded, So what is our next move?
I’ve been looking over these supply routes and the general map of the island. I’d like to begin by cutting off the castle. We starve them out. I’m sure they have reserves and we don’t have quite enough time to wait the months it would take to totally starve them out, but without a steady supply of food, water, or even general goods, it might incite a panic within the castle walls. Not necessarily right away, but within a week or so. If guards are ordered to go out and fix the supply lines, we ambush them. Eventually they’ll stop sending out patrols and begin locking down the castle. Once they’re shut in with nowhere to go, that’s when we hit them from all sides.

Raul frowned, That makes sense but wouldn’t it be smarter to attack them now when their defenses aren’t on high alert?
Possibly, but currently the king is still in control. The guards still trust in him and his ruling capabilities. If we can sew chaos among his troops and distrust in his leadership while they’re all stuck in that castle together, it will create an explosion of chaos and mistrust. When we do come knocking on his door, the king will be unorganized and distraught. They’ll put up a fight, but it’ll be on an individual basis, for survival rather than organized tactics. Plus if even one of the guards turns on the king, all the better for us. Cyrus concluded with a shrug.
Very well then, we’ll go with your plan. What would you have me and my men do? Raul asked patiently.
Pointing to the map, Cyrus indicated one of the biggest food supplying settlements on the island, This farm has been completely commandeered from the people and is used solely for feeding the castle but worked by citizens of the nearby town. According to your notes its armed with guards at all hours of the day and a lift system consisting of baskets and pullies is used to deliver large quantities of food to the castle daily. I need you and your men to retake that farm and destroy the lift system. Worst comes to worst, burn the crops entirely. The people of Drum have been without it for months now and are still managing to get by. If at all possible though, it would be a great victory to keep that place up and running for the civilians.
Understood.
As for me, I will take members of my crew up to the pipeline system. According to these notes it feeds salt water from the sea directly into a large diffuser in the castle, which takes the salt out and purifies it into drinking water. With that pipeline gone they’ll still be able to melt the snow around them for drinking water, but rations will run low quite quickly. Again we simply need to incite panic with this.
Very well, I’ll arm some of my finest warriors and we’ll see to the destruction of that farm. Raul concluded before leaving Cyrus to begin making his own preparations for the mission.

--------------- Later ----------------

Cyrus had called to the Dreadnaught for reinforcements, explaining his plans to Old Mei so she might restate them to the crew and ask for volunteers, According to Raul's notes this pipeline starts at the ocean and then quickly disappears into the mountainside. That only gives us about fifty feet of pipe to attack before it's mostly untouchable. I'm not sure how deep into the mountain it goes but we don't exactly have the drilling tools to bust through a mountain looking for a single pipe no wider than myself.
Right, and I left my high ordnance explosives at home when I joined with you so no dice there. Old Mei joked, Anyway, I'll send some of these rowdy SOBs your way in the next hour or so, where should they meet you?
Northwest side of the island, down by the beach. I'll signal to them.
Aye aye Cap'n, over and out. Old Mei signed off.

So after gathering some supplies, that's where Cyrus was, lounging on the beach with about thirty of his men including Zoe who was feverishly checking and rechecking her guns. He had tried talking to her, surprised that she had volunteered to come honestly, but all she was willing to say on the matter was, I had to see if last time was just a fluke or this is who my captain really is now. That's the only reason I'm here. Cyrus had been left speechless and instead of rebutting simply let her stalk off to her own section of the beach to fume in silence. Instead Cyrus busied himself with scouting out the area. Either the King had caught wind of what had happened in the towns with the civilians revolt, or there was a mole among the Drumlins. Cyrus had expected resistance, but there were around 100 palace guards watching over the fifty feet or so of pipeline on the beach. For every foot of pipe there were two guards of varying rank. Of course they didn't simply stand there like idiots watching over it. They were far more organized than that, with patrols walking along the beach and snipers hidden high up in the rocky bluffs. As Cyrus turned back to his crew, his thirty men now seemed very, very small. Of those thirty were fifteen riflemen, ten melee weapon users and five unarmed who had been brave enough to fight bare handed rather than with weapons. Cyrus could only respect their courage, fearing their stupidity wouldn't be a captainly thing to do. Taking out his flask, Cyrus took a sip before splashing some on his neck and wrists to give the odor of alcohol.

Alright folks it's showtime. I want our rifles trained on their snipers up in the rocks, or at least the ones we can see and two covering my back. When shit hits the fan Zoe will lead the charge for you physical combatants. Once they start going the name of the game is cover fire. I do not want even a second of silence from those guns. I don't care what order you fire in or how you manage the ammo just keep firing. Here we go. Cyrus said before getting up from his position behind the jetty and wandering out into the open, stumbling across the sand like a drunken buffoon with only his cane to support him as he attempted to trace his path in the sand. Almost immediately he could feel the attention of well over fifty of the palace guards snap to his location. Seconds later a squad of about ten of the armed men met Cyrus halfway between the pipe and the jetty. What business do you have here? The head guard asked, a man well decorated and clearly outranking the other nine around him. Cyrus looked up at him slowly, staring into him rather than at him before burping and smiling, I just- I don't...hmm I don't know fella. I's was at the bur and then...and then, wells I wanted to see the sea right? Hahaha see the sea...that's funny. Cyrus said, poking the palace guard's chest piece with a finger while a few guards behind him muttered about how drunk Cyrus clearly was. You need to turn back citizen, this is a restricted area and you are subject for arrest and even execution by being here. Cyrus smiled and waved his hand, Okay, okay, I hears ya. I'm gonna get on going now. He said as he turned to leave but then stopped. What? Not sure how to get home? Just keep walk- The head guard wouldn't be able to finish his sentence as Cyrus's blade severed his vocal chords along with the rest of his neck. There was a brief moment of hesitation as the guards watched their boss's head fall from his shoulders and the body crumple to the ground at their feet. A second later two would drop as Cyrus's riflemen began firing.

Let's dance boys. Cyrus said with genuine glee as he began swinging his blade, slashing and cutting this way and that. Blood stained the sand and body parts dropped like liter into the ocean as Cyrus pressed forward towards the pipeline and the guards back there began to mobilize. Behind him his troops, lead by Zoe began their own charge up the beach. As he rushed towards the pipeline a sniper bullet buried itself in the sand near his right foot, off target due to one of Cyrus's own men shooting the sniper down just as he fired. It was complete madness, and it was about to get a whole lot worse as Cyrus opened up his ROOM. Well over half the palace troops currently fell within the boarders of his ROOM so all it took were about five slashes of his sword for the bubble to explode in a winter wonderland of body parts. Cyrus simply stopped in the sand and marveled at his creation as the rest of his men picked off any guards hiding in the bluffs. Shouts from disembodied heads, middlefingers from amputated arms, all of these things created the dance spectacle Cyrus had in front of him as the body parts spun in the air, crashing into one another helplessly. In truth the guards weren't harmed, but they were left completely useless as Cyrus deactivated his ROOM and the various body parts fell to the sand below. Sidestepping the screaming heads and moving arms, Cyrus would stab a hand every once in awhile it latched onto his ankle but for the most part they were left relatively useless.

Honestly it's not even fun anymore with this fruit. Cyrus said with a sigh as he approached the pipeline. Zoe and his men met him there, all looking a bit discouraged that their captain had pretty much taken care of everything singlehandedly. Next time don't even bother calling if you're just going to do everything yourself. Zoe said with a pout. Yes, so sorry about that everyone. If it makes you feel any better, it made me feel better to have you covering my back. Cyrus said before slicing through the iron pipe easily thanks to his PoD fighting style. He watched the water from the sea trickle out, just short of entering the mountain. Well done everyone, I can only hope Raul had as much success as we did here today. Thank you all. Cyrus concluded, sheathing his blade and heading back up the beach towards town while his crew waited for Old Mei to pull the Dreadnaught around and pick them up.

Spoiler:

9Taking Drum Empty Re: Taking Drum Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:54 pm

Asher Kringle

Marines
Marines

Asher Kringle
750k Beli
5 million Bounty
2 SP
10k EP

10Taking Drum Empty Re: Taking Drum Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:17 pm

Asher Kringle

Marines
Marines

Asher Kringle
Tier 3 Task

20 Million Bounty
1 Million Beli
3SP
20k EP

Tier 1 Task

300k Beli
500k Bounty
1SP
5k EP

11Taking Drum Empty Re: Taking Drum Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:23 pm

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Kincaid
Posting to acknowledge my Belionaire Fate Trait to double awarded Beli.

12Taking Drum Empty Re: Taking Drum Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:16 pm

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Kincaid
Task Name: Knock Knock
Tier: 4
Description: With the castle starving and shut away from the world, the troops armed and angry, it’s time to lead the final charge and claim Drum for good.
Enemy Details: 300 T0 Palace Guards, 200 T1 Palace Guards, 100 T2 Palace Guards, 50 T3 Palace Guards
Ally Details: 50 T0 Drumlins, 30 T1 Drumlins, 20 T2 Drumlins, Raul (T3) + Cyrus’s Crew

Cyrus Kincaid

Reaper of the Revolution

It had been two weeks since Cyrus had lead the raid on the pipe system. Raul and his people had successfully commandeered the farmland and turned it back over to the citizens of Drum, driving out the palace guards and destroying the supply system to the castle. As the days and weeks had passed, the guards had been ordered full retreat back into the castle and the streets of Drum had been left quiet. The people were waiting for word on what to do and while Cyrus didn’t want to lose this momentum and thirst for blood among the commoners he recognized the importance of laying in wait. The castle had more than enough rations to outlast Cyrus’s patience, they wouldn’t starve before he made his move but they would begin to grow doubt. It was that doubt among the troops that Cyrus would need to turn the tide of battle in his favor. He looked down from his perch atop the railing catwalk in the Drumlins’ warehouse headquarters. Beneath him members of his crew and the Drumlins alike strapped on armor, sharpened blades and loaded firearms. There was a din of movement, bodies preparing for war but little talk at all.

Let’s run over the numbers one more time. Cyrus said to Raul who stood on his right side also watching the men and women prepare for battle.
We estimate the palace to hold over six hundred men, and that’s not including the King’s personal guard. They’ll be well armed and have the benefit of the higher ground, as well as simply knowing the territory better. We’ve studied floor plans and maps, but we don’t know everything and the majority of my people have never actually been up to the castle.
I see, and our numbers?
I’ve managed to amass around a hundred warriors, our numbers swelled after your little spectacle in the town square. If we add your crew to those numbers…hmm they still out number us over two to one. Easily.
Cyrus nodded and folded his hands, breathing into them as he leaned over the railing. His mind was racing through possibilities, considering all of his options. Alright well we’ll just have to hit them hard and smart. We’ll need to move quickly too. A long drawn out battle will only end up being in their favor considering the numbers. Cyrus unraveled a map of the castle he had been studying the past few days and laid it out on the floor of the catwalk. Raul joined him on the ground, dropping to one knee as Cyrus pulled out a marker and began jotting down notes on the map.
The bulk of our forces should move in through the front gate. It’s our best option but if we don’t want to be slaughtered then we need to first have our snipers provide cover fire from the mountain bluffs. If we can start picking off the Palace Guards atop the battlements, it’ll make our lives that much easier when planting the explosives to get through the gates. After that, it’s simply bloodshed and we push with all our might to get into the castle and behead that bastard king.
Raul nodded as Cyrus spoke, The explosives we stole from the kingdom will take time to set up and safely clear away before detonation, but they’ll be more than enough to tear the gates right off their hinges.
Excellent, now go get yourself ready my friend. We have a long day ahead of us. Cyrus said, clasping Raul on the shoulder. The other man smiled, bid farewell and descended from the catwalk to join the others in preparing for battle.

Only moments after he had left, Cyrus turned over his left shoulder at the dark doorway behind him, You could have joined us at any point. No need to lurk in the shadows. Zoe stepped out from the doorway, fully dressed for battle. Her twin revolvers on either hip and two crisscrossing belts of pistol ammo over her shoulders. You look…cute. Cyrus said coyly, not even looking back to actually see her. So, what’s wrong Zoe? Cold feet? This isn’t exactly your first rodeo.
You’re right, it’s not, but at my last rodeo innocent people who had already been subdued and given up were butchered. So excuse me if I’m a bit cautious to jump back into the ring. Zoe said, not even trying to hide her anger with her captain.
Make no mistake Ms. Necrosse, I plan to murder the King of Drum Island today. Whether he submits or goes down fighting, he will die by my hand. If that is a problem for you, then stay home.
Zoe shook her head solemnly, The King I understand. For you to truly call this place your own, he must go, permanently. What if all his men surrender though? Will you accept their surrender only to crucify them atop the castle battlements afterwards? You said yourself the world thinks of us as monsters, so we should show them we are. How far are you willing to go to prove the world right? There was a long, cold silence for a time between the two before Cyrus finally spoke up, That day was a mistake. I got carried away in butchering those soldiers; even Raphael I’ll admit was too much. He had given up, given me his word and I had given him mine. I’m sorry you had to see that, to be a part of that.
But you’re not sorry you did it? Zoe asked, barely above a whisper.
No, I’m not sorry I did it. If I had to do it again a hundred times over, I’d do the exact same thing every time. The mission succeeded because of what I did. The Marines were completely expelled from Drum Island and now we’re in a position to seize it. To free these people from their tyrant king.
The Marines weren’t expelled from Drum, they were exterminated. I’ll see you at the castle. Zoe said, turning and walking off. Cyrus watched her go, disappearing into the crowd of preparing warriors beneath him. He drummed his knuckles on the iron guard rail before swearing under his breath and walking off to prepare himself.

--------------------- Later ----------------------

On this day, we shall reclaim Drum Island for the people. We have already taken back our food and our homes, our loved ones, and our pride. Now all that remains is to rid this beautiful island of the stain it calls The King. I cannot promise your safety if you choose to march with us on this day, but I can promise you the safety and bright future of your children and their children and their children’s children. I can promise that whether you live or die on that battlefield today you will be forever glorified in the history of this great island as men and women who stood up for what’s right. Who fought for freedom and choice. Now, will you fight? In response cheers and cries of battle rattled the air around Cyrus as he stood atop a make-shift stage in the town square. Hundreds upon hundreds of citizens of Drum had gathered and mixed in were the Drumlins and Cyrus’s own crew. It seemed that many of the citizens, armed with meat knives, garden hoes, pickaxes and anything else they could use from their trade or daily lives as deadly weapons, were ready to fight for their island. Cyrus knew that their inexperience and lack of proper equipment would only see them butchered in battle. For every five of them maybe one soldier would die, but it was the image that was important. When a band of well-armed revolutionaries show up at your door it’s a problem, but when an entire island turns against its ruler, that’s a spectacle to behold. Come with me my brothers and sisters and we shall take King Ramsey’s head! Cyrus shouted before descending the stage and making his way to the front of his forces. Behind them commoners began to join the back of the march while others simply fell in among the lines or around them. Cyrus looked back periodically, making calls through his Den Den Mushi to various members of his crew and Raul’s people to see how things were going as the mob marched up the mountain towards the palace.

While Cyrus had been giving his speech, one of Raul’s generals had taken some sharpshooters of the Drumlins’ and many of Cyrus’s own riflemen up to the mountains and gotten them into position before Cyrus arrived with the main troops. The march was long and cold, but people were kept warm and spirits high by the sheer mass of willing warriors. As they approached the castle, Cyrus could see the guards scrambling as they noticed the mass of revolutionaries headed towards them. Sniper team, begin firing. Explosives, I want you ready to make a run for the gates on my mark. Cyrus spoke into his Den Den Mushi as he broke into a jog, the mass behind him following suit. Immediately shots began ringing out from the mountains surrounding the castle. Cyrus had a general idea of where the snipers were going to be positioned but even he had a hard time pinpointing exactly where the shots were coming from. The guards were in full panic now as their friends and colleagues began dropping off the battlements, fountains of blood pouring from wounds as they stumbled backwards over the rails. Explosives, move! Cyrus yelled as three men, one carrying a massive backpack, broke free of the group and sprinted towards the gates. At this point the palace guards had begun to get their shit together and started returning fire into the mountains, though it was a bit hopeless considering they rarely had enough time to actually find one of their attackers before being gunned down themselves. Realizing this they began taking pot shots at the crowd Cyrus had behind him. The amassed army was left exposed during this part of the invasion and behind him Cyrus could hear someone get hit every handful of seconds. Not all were fatal and the number of guards the snipers were dropping compared to the few injured or killed they themselves were currently sustaining paled in comparison, but Cyrus still didn't like it. To his surprise the three men from earlier all made it back to the amassed group, interestingly missing a backpack. Seconds later, an explosion ripped through the morning sky. The sound of screeching metal split eardrums and for a second, all was quiet. Then, CHARGE!!! Use the smoke for cover. Cyrus shouted instructions before sprinting towards the blown open gates, smoke still billowing from them.

The gates opened onto a narrow stretch of bridge but once that was crossed gave way to open grassland and garden with numerous walkways and paths snaking all along the castle grounds. As they rushed through, the main gate of the castle opened, revealing a massive amount of palace guards pushing through to meet Cyrus's troops head on. Unsheathing Crow, Cyrus jumped into the fray head first. He swung his sword and scythe alike, slashing and stabbing at anything that dared to come near him. He didn't think, instead opening up his haki aura and letting his body move freely in conjunction with it. Around him Drumlins, civilians and Palace Guards alike spilled one another's blood. Cyrus nearly tripped over a disembowled Drumlin in the front lawn, holding his intestines in with one hand and swinging his axe at the ankles of a palace guard with the other. Initially the battle seemed to be going well, Cyrus's forces taking casualties but gaining the upper hand as they made their way closer and closer to the castle walls. Then someone behind Cyrus yelled, "Cannons!" and the world seemed to explode. The first shells hit like thunder, throwing bodies of both Palace Guards and Cyrus's troops into the air in gouts of flame. The King was not concerned with the safety of his own troops, so long as these rebels were eliminated. Really didn't want to have to do this. Cyrus said through clenched teeth, clearly pissed off as he ripped his scythe blade free of a guard's chest cavity. Looking at the battlements of the castle Cyrus could see at least ten cannons firing openly into the combatants. Opening a ROOM he encompassed a large majority of the enemy troops, but more importantly, the cannons.

If Cyrus simply cut down the enemies in one swing of his sword with the powers from his fruit, he would not be seen as a rebel leader or a proud warrior fit for king. He would be seen as a god and someone the people would listen to only out of fear. For Cyrus to rule these people properly and gain their trust, he needed to fight with them, not display his powers to them. That is why he had restrained himself from using his powers this long into the battle. However, the cannons were too much. He needed some to die to make a point, but not a mass slaughter of his people. At the direction of Cyrus's hands, the cannons began to rise into the air over the bulk of the Palace Guards. The made a ring of ten cannons before all, suddenly, firing into the crowd of reserve palace guards. The resulting explosion was deafening but had the desired effect as Cyrus dropped his ROOM and the cannons along with it. In front of him the ranks of the guards had been devastated by his attack. Behind him some still fought but for the most part his people had taken care of them. Now, there was an opening into the castle, a large one at that. Cyrus turned to his people and yelled, Follow me to freedom! Corny, but when you're fighting for your life caked in both your blood and strangers', sometimes corny worked best.  

At that, Cyrus charged forward into the castle grounds, backed by hundreds of his own crew, Drumlins, and even some crazed civilians still remained. Knock knock King Ramsey, I'm coming for you. Cyrus said to himself as he headed for the throne room.

Spoiler:

13Taking Drum Empty Re: Taking Drum Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:49 am

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Kincaid
Task Name: A Meeting With the King
Description: After breaking through the palace walls and making his way through the castle, Cyrus now finds himself face to face with the leader of this island in one final fight.
Enemy Details: 10 T3 Royal Guard
Spoiler:

Cyrus Kincaid

Reaper of the Revolution

After his little showstopper with the cannons, Cyrus’s forces had broken into the main area of the castle and fanned out, engaging in small-scale skirmishes throughout the castle grounds. He himself had immediately gone towards the King’s main hall, where he had met the king oh so many months ago and briefly became his honored prisoner. Bursting through the doors, Cyrus scanned the room, his Ken Haki on high alert for even the faintest flicker of danger. Inside he found ten Royal Guardsmen, different than normal palace guards, as these were the sworn protectors of King Ramsey himself. They were highly specialized soldiers; hand selected by the king himself and willing to do whatever it took to protect the king at all costs. Unfortunately for them, they could’ve been girl scouts for all the attention Cyrus paid them. Ramsey! Get out here and face me like a man. Your time has come. Cyrus shouted into the hall. It was odd, very unlike him. Then again he had been so wrapped up in creating the image of a rebel leader, of a big hearted warrior willing to lay his life on the line to free these people from tyranny that maybe he had forgotten his true self for a moment. For the time being, he was running with it.
Honestly boy, there’s no need to yell. I’m right here. A voice spoke to the right of Cyrus. He turned to find the king standing by a window overlooking the castle courtyard where men and women fought bloodily to the end. He sipped from a glass of wine, decorated in pristine titanium armor decorated with gold trim and a white finish. Turning for the first time to look at Cyrus, he scanned the young man, sizing him up and down, You’ve looked better I’m sure. Ramsey said plainly and it was true. Cyrus briefly looked down at himself, standing soaked in the blood of several different individuals. Soot caked into his hair and staining his face. The wildness of battle clearly showed in his eyes. He was a mess and far from the mild mannered Cyrus Kincaid he knew.

You know it’s funny really. Had I known at the time that the smartass young man with a cane in my courtroom would turn into the famed Reaper of the Revolution well… Ramsey said, trailing off in thought before taking another sip of his wine. He sighed, Naturally you’re here to kill me, can’t say I’m surprised. Honestly I probably deserve it. Ramsey said, then turned to his men who were slowly approaching Cyrus, weapons drawn, You morons, put your weapons down. If you have any hope of surviving this man it’s to be as non-threatening as possible. He’ll cut you down faster than it takes you to pass gas. Just stand there and don’t interrupt us. The men did as they were told, albeit begrudgingly. Cyrus watched them sheathe their weapons and place their firearms back in the holsters. Oddly quiet today I see, that’s fine. I just want you to answer a few questions, then you can do as you please. Ramsey said, taking a final sip of his wine and placing the empty glass on a table beside him. He crossed his armor clad arms in front of his chest as he continued to watch the mayhem below, So, after all that you’ve been through to take this island, what was it like? What have you learned? Was it worth it? Ramsey asked, not taking his eyes off the window.

Cyrus hesitated, unsure if he should reply or simply be done with the matter and wash his hands of it. This new, angry, bloodthirsty Cyrus wanted that. He wanted to decapitate the King where he stood, right in front of his most trusted men. The old Cyrus however wanted to engage with this old man, to see what he had to say. It’s been…tough. We’ve lost a lot of good people, had to make some tough choices. Cyrus answered simply, wary of giving away too much. Ah yes, that little stunt you pulled at the Marine jail. Ramsey shook his head and uttered a low whistle, Nasty business that was. We could hear your men slaughtering those Marines from all the way up here. It interrupted my Sunday brunch if I have to be honest. I was honestly surprised. When we met last you didn’t strike me as that type of person. Even the news reports I’ve seen about you. Sure, you’re a killer, but not a butcher. Why the change? Cyrus tightened his grip on his weapons, his knuckles turning white. Who was this man to assume he knew who Cyrus was? They had met once and he had disregarded him as a simple loud mouth. Now suddenly he thought he knew Cyrus? I was tired of people, of the world labeling me as a terrorist or a monster simply because of the cause I believe in. If they wanted to think I was a monster, I figured it was time I give them a reason to. People like you assuming you know me just from what you read about or hear. You think I’m the monster for killing those Marines, but no one ever talks about the islands of people that the Marines murder in cold blood all the time. No one grieves for the women and children, my women and children, who the Marines rain fire upon in the name of the World Government and the Nobles of this godforsaken world. Cyrus said through clenched teeth.
Ah so that’s it then. You think if you can free this island, it will somehow replace the people you lost in your past. How interesting.
No that’s no-
You’ll deny it of course. Ramsey interrupted Cyrus with a wave of his hand, but someday, perhaps when you’re old and sitting atop that throne, you’ll realize just how hollow this victory you’re about to celebrate really was. You did a good thing, freeing those people from the dictator king they had before you, that’s what you’ll tell yourself. You’ll realize though, you did it all for the wrong reason. By then it’ll be too late, they’ll already be knocking at your door with clubs, swords, bloodthirsty and bearing a new so called king to take your place. Hindsight is twenty twenty, remember that Mr. Kincaid. Now then, let’s get this over with. Ramsey concluded, clapping his hands to signal his men.

As he did each of his ten royal guardsmen drew their weapons. Three of which produced firearms and took aim at Cyrus. He had been distracted by the King’s speech and his questions, unable to concentrate on his haki and his surroundings, thus leaving himself wide open and unable to react in time. Shots rang out as Cyrus turned, fully prepared to feel the piercing hot familiarity of a bullet ripping through his chest cavity. As he watched however, the three gunmen seemed to fall backwards, crimson clouds coming from various locations on their own bodies. Cyrus was confused as time seemed to slow and Zoe stepped through the doorway of the main hall, twin revolvers drawn. Raul followed behind her, a wicked hand axe already bathed in battle. Deal with Ramsey, we’ll take his pets. Raul said to Cyrus as he and Zoe simply exchanged eye contact. Cyrus nodded, turning back to the King just in time to receive a steel-clad right hook to the jaw. Cyrus staggered back, the iron taste of blood pooling in his mouth. His world spun for a moment as another fist rocketed into his abdomen, rushing the breath right out of his lungs as he fought not to collapse to his knees. Without warning the key finished his combo with a devastating heel kick to the chest, sending Cyrus backwards and into the castle wall. Clearly your stories out do you Mr. Kincaid. I’m less than impressed.

Cyrus shook his head as he lay in a heap against the wall. He tried to focus on the King, rather than the three he was currently seeing as he stalked towards him, ready to deliver another painful shot to the head. Rising shakily, Cyrus raised Crow and then, without warning burst forward at tremendous speeds, aiming a horizontal slash at the man’s exposed throat. To his surprise, his blade met only metal, striking sparks against the King’s titanium clad forearm, which had been raised defensively before Cyrus could strike, How- Cyrus whispered, You’re not the only one who knows how to use Haki Mr. Kincaid. The King said before punching Cyrus in the stomach yet again, this time forcing Cyrus to cough blood on the older man’s armor. This is pathetic. Ramsey said, grabbing Cyrus by the top of his head, Use your fruit and get this over with already. Ramsey pulled back before delivering a savage punch directly to Cyrus’s exposed face. Cyrus’s head snapped back, the fist still connected with his face and for a second, everything seemed quiet.
Then Cyrus muttered something.
What?
He moved the fist back with his face, to look the king in his eyes. To the King’s surprise, Cyrus’s face was suddenly, completely black with Busoshoku Haki.
I said, I don’t need my fruit to kick your old ass. With that, Cyrus swung his sword in the space between himself and King Ramsey before pulling on the air to create a fiery explosion. The king screamed, staggering backwards to get away from the fire that was currently burning his exposed face. Cyrus didn’t hesitate, instead thrusting his sword towards King Ramsey several times, sending spiraling air bullets towards the king, which would in turn crush his armor in several different places, dealing massive internal damage to his organs. The King collapsed, trapped in his own crushed armor, his lungs and chest filling with blood as he lay dying. Cyrus approached him, watching him struggle in his final moments. There was great pain in his eyes, fear as they darted around the room searching for help and reprieve from this agony. Cyrus took a deep breath; he had seen this look before, on the faces of countless, nameless people in his life. Many of which he had done this to, placed them in this final state of pain and fear. Walk softly beside him and he will guide you. Cyrus whispered to the king before swinging his scythe down and through his neck, effectively ending his suffering.

Behind him, Cyrus could hear the skirmish between Raul, Zoe, and the Royal Guard begin to wrap up as the audible sound of Raul's axe sinking into skull and brain matter filled the grand hall. Cyrus turned to watch the body of the final guard drop to the floor. Zoe stood, her revolver's holstered and a large gash down her right arm. Raul himself was covered in various scrapes, cuts, and large bruises that were already beginning to blacken. Cyrus had a feeling the small man had at least a few minor fractures and maybe even a broken bone or two in his hands. Is your arm okay? Cyrus called across the hall. She nodded, Yeah, I'll live. It didn't hit anything major so I won't exactly bleed out. I saw what you did...in the end. Cyrus nodded, turning back to the King's body to look at him. Thank you. He turned quickly back to her, surprised and confused by her choice of words. She was approaching him now. For- Unable to finish, she embraced him. With the dirt, grime, and drying blood of war caking both their bodies it was awkward and messy, but not sexual or awkward in that regard. This came from a place of caring and friendship, I thought we had lost our captain, we all did. Zoe said in a hushed voice before detaching herself from Cyrus and moving towards the large doors, Now come on ya pansy asses, let's wrap this little battle up. I'm three kills ahead of you Raul, if you beat me I'll let you do whatever you want with me and chocolate tonight. Zoe said over her shoulder before disappearing down the stairs and back into the fray below.

Raul, to his credit, didn't move at first, standing near Cyrus as they watched her go. My friend, does she mean-
Yep.
So then she's offering to have s-
More of a demand with her really.
And the chocolate?
Zoe gets bored easily, she likes to get creative.
Ah, I see.
Yup.
The two stood at the top of the stone steps, watching the battle begin to draw to a close.
Aren't you gonna-
Oh thank you my friend, I wasn't sure if you were okay with it. Thank you, thank you, muchos gracias. Raul said, taking the steps two at a time before diving head first back into the fray, clearing making an obvious path in pursuit of Zoe as he cleaved through the remaining guards who refused to surrender. Cyrus couldn't help but smile as he sat down on the top of the steps. He rubbed his jaw, painfully sore from his fight with Ramsey. He had to admit the old man had caught him off guard, banged him up pretty good too. Regardless, he had won, and he had won without the Ope Ope. He had won as a man, like anyone else.

As Cyrus sat at the top of the steps, looking down at his new land, he couldn't help but consider his talk with Ramsey before everything started. The way the King had talked, as if he knew how the people felt about him but didn't care. It was like he had known this was coming and simply allowed it to, as if he were atoning for his sins. Cyrus shivered even though he wasn't cold. He couldn't shake the feeling, the idea that he could turn into Ramsey, that the people could just as easily turn on him someday. He had to make sure that didn't happen, but then, had Ramsey? Had he started like Cyrus, believing he was doing this for a just cause? For the people? Only to realize that wasn't it at all. Cyrus shook his head, no longer wanting to focus on these thoughts and rose from his place atop the steps. There was plenty of work to be done and things he needed to take care of now that the battle was drawing to a close. One problem at a time.

Spoiler:

14Taking Drum Empty Re: Taking Drum Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:07 am

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Kincaid
Task Name: Deceit
Tier: 4
Description: With the battle won, the king defeated, and the Marines sent home packing, it seems it’s finally time for peace on Drum…or is it?
Enemy Details: Any Drumlin or Palace Guard survivors of the Knock Knock task
Spoiler:
[/spoiler]

Cyrus Kincaid

Reaper of the Revolution

It had been over two hours since the fighting within the castle had stopped and the remaining guardsmen had given up. In total Cyrus’s collective group had killed nearly three quarters of the guards. The rest were either wounded or had been smart enough to lay down their weapons when they saw defeat was inevitable. As for their own numbers, at least a quarter of the Drumlins lay dead or dying, about a dozen or two of Cyrus’s own men had fallen as well. Few of the civilians that joined the campaign actually managed to walk out of the castle and back to their families, but regardless, they walked back as victors. So, that’s it then? I guess it’s over. Cyrus said as he watched the able bodied individuals, members of both sides of the battle, begin cleaning up the dead and tending to the wounded. I suppose it is. Zoe said, lounging in the king’s chair, sitting horizontally and feeding herself some grapes she had found in storage. What of Yuri? I didn’t see much of him during the fighting. Cyrus asked, noticing the body of a Drumlin being loaded up and carted off to the mass grave outside the castle gates. He went back down to the ship with our wounded after tending to the majority of the Drumlins. They’re being cared for personally aboard our ships. He said he wasn’t needed here anymore. Anyone still alive would either live or die regardless of his intervention and it was up to them at this point.

Cyrus nodded, turning away from the window and back towards Zoe and Raul, who was standing at the foot of the king’s chair, several steps down from its raised platform and watching Cyrus. Well that does sound like Yuri. I guess now we have to make a formal announcement to the people. I’ll tell them about our victory, announce myself as their protectors and of course the Drumlins as the island’s personal police and my friends. Cyrus said acknowledging Raul with the utmost respect. We’ve done a good thing here Raul. Your people no longer have to remain in hiding. They will become heroes, both the living and the dead. Raul nodded and offered a faint smile, Aye my friend, and I am thankful for your help in this cause. Truly I am, which is what will make this next part that much harder. I’m afraid… Raul took a deep breath, mulling over his words. Cyrus caught Zoe’s eye as she sat up straight in the chair, her hand resting on the butt of her revolver. They both knew something was off. I’m afraid I’ll have to ask, no, insist that you leave Drum Island immediately my friend. More importantly, you must never return. We will tell the people you died fighting for their freedom, you will become a war hero, a martyr, but the truth of the matter is…you are not one of us. You are not a citizen of Drum Island and you are not a Drumlin. You cannot lead us. Raul concluded, his eyes suddenly becoming very cold and intense.

There was a long moment of silence between the three gathered in the great hall as Raul’s words sunk in. Raul, I’m not leaving. I dedicated over a month to this endeavor. I forced my men to aid us and some of them lost their lives. I rid the island of Marines, killed a high-ranking officer. I not only dethroned the sitting king but executed him with my own hands. The people know me, they believe in me. By all accounts I have earned this. Raul simply shook his head, as if pitying Cyrus, You’re right, you dedicated your time to this cause, but tell me Cyrus Kincaid, did you dedicate your life to it? Did you grow up with friends, beg them to join your cause and then watch them bleed to death in your arms? Time and time again. Did you toil away in the dark, marked as a villain why trying to work to free these people, YOUR PEOPLE, from their chains? No. No you did not. You do not know true sacrifice, not for this island, not like I do. If you won’t leave this island, then I’ll bury you in it myself. Raul concluded as a shot rang out behind him. His head snapped forward and he stumbled a single step before the metal bullet from Zoe’s revolver clattered to the stone floor at Raul’s feet, crushed. As Cyrus watched him turn towards Zoe, he noticed the entire back of his body begin to grow stone and as each second passed, more and more of the stone floor seemed to creep up over his body and fuse with it. You see my friend; I haven’t been entirely honest with you. I too am a Devil Fruit user like yourself. My power allows me to become one with stone and what better place to show my powers than this castle? Raul asked before sinking into the floor.

Zoe and Cyrus shared a look as they stood in silence, unsure of what was about to happen, Well shit, that can’t be good. Zoe sighed, raising both of her revolvers up and scanning the area. No, no it can’t. Cyrus agreed as he unsheathed his cane sword, putting his Ken Haki up into the air and waiting for what was to come. Behind him he felt a sudden presence and turned just in time to see a human sized fist of stone (that’s a fist the size of a human to clarify) hurtling towards him from the wall. Raising his sword he blocked the attack but was pushed backwards towards Zoe. We need to get out of here. Cyrus said to Zoe as the fist retracted back into the ground. Yeah no shit, look up. Zoe said as she began running towards the door. Above them fingers of stone sharpened into stalagmites began descending from the ceiling, threatening to impale anyone unfortunate enough to be in the room. Cyrus took off running, following Zoe as they attempted to cross the dozens of feet between them and the massive doorway. As they neared, a massive wall of stone ripped upward from the ground in front of the open doors, trapping them in the room. Duck! Cyrus ordered Zoe, who was several steps ahead of him as he stabbed at the stone wall, sending bullets of air into it and blowing out a massive hole plenty big enough for them to escape through. Outside Zoe and Cyrus took the stairs two at a time as they descended into the courtyard. Around them, as well as the others gathered within the castle walls, the castle itself began to move like a living, breathing thing. Don’t stop until we’re out of the castle. He has complete control here, we don’t stand a chance. Cyrus ordered as the two made it through the gardens and began crossing the bridge out of the castle. Cyrus turned back over his shoulder to see the castle begin to twist and contort until it quickly began to resemble a massive version of Raul, towering nearly 10 stories above them. So tall at this elevation that it effectively blotted out the sun.

Off the bridge, Zoe continued running only to stop as she noticed her captain turn and face the hulking monstrosity. What the hell are you doing?! Zoe shouted back at Cyrus. All of our people are back at the ship, right?
What? Yeah, sure. Yuri took the wounded back there. Is this really the time to take inventory?
So the only people left in…there..in Raul, are Drumlins and palace guards, correct?
Yeah I guess, but wh- LOOK OUT! Zoe interrupted her own thoughts as the castle-stone-creature-man raised a massive fist and brought it hurtling down towards Cyrus. STOP! Cyrus yelled as his ROOM raised and he flicked his cane upward. While Raul didn’t actually stop, his body began to rise and in doing so the fist swung too high, missing Cyrus by several feet. Fighting you would be ridiculous. After all, what can a single man do against a castle? However, tell me what the sea can do to a single castle? Cyrus asked coyly before exerting an extreme amount of force and throwing Raul, or rather the entire castle out towards the ocean. Now Cyrus’s ROOM obviously didn’t stretch out to the ocean, but the force he exerted to lift Raul in his castle form while inside the ROOM was enough to send him out over the beach and into the sea. Cyrus watched from atop the mountain, dropping to his knees as his nose began to bleed from the sheer effort. He heard the massive man shaped castle scream, a sound that shook the very island itself as it splashed down out in the ocean. Raul would drown there, stuck in his castle form as he would no longer be able to control his fruits powers. Nasty way to go. Zoe said behind Cyrus, But it had to be done. Cyrus nodded, silent and breathless as they watched the castle sink into the sea. Oh look, a small tidal wave. Zoe said with sarcastic glee. Luckily it wasn’t large enough to do any real damage to the island, but there would certainly be some extra flooding damage to clean up thanks to Raul’s sinking carcass. Well, looks like I officially have my first project as new owner. Cyrus said between breaths. Owning an island was already proving to be tough work.

Spoiler:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum