Our Button

Vote For Us

Affiliates

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Custom Kami Busoshoku Haki Perks on Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:28 am

Spoiler:

Perk 1:

The Eternal Arms: Eternal Arms describes a very close attunement to Busoshoku haki, only seen in those that possess the affinity for Kami Haki of this type. As a result of the body’s attunement with its own life-force, the density and raw defensive capabilities of the body increase passively, reflecting in an increase in natural defense as the rank of the user’s haki increases (Max bonus +3 at S-SS rank.). Due to the density increase, this also reduces the vulnerabilities of some techniques, such as ‘Tekkai’ due to the body’s natural resilience being much higher to begin with.
At D rank: +1 to Natural Defense.
At C rank: +1 to Natural Defense, body acts like steel for the sake of material breaking.
At B rank: +2 to Natural Defense, body acts like steel for the sake of material breaking.
At A rank: +2 to Natural Defense, body acts like titanium for the sake of material breaking.
At S rank: +3 to Natural Defense, body acts like titanium for the sake of material breaking.
At SS rank: +3 to Natural Defense, body acts like diamond for the sake of material breaking.

Perk 2:

The Protection of Arms: This perk, similarly to Eternal Arms, only surfaces in users of Kami Haki, allowing them to apply their haki to already present skills seamlessly, to enhance their effectiveness. This can work both in a defensive or offensive way, simply adding their own effectiveness to that of the skill in question. This begins rather slow, but gets quite effective. In short, the rank of the Haki in Tiers, is added to the output of a skill, either enhancing its defensive properties through output consumption in tiers, or via raw output enhancement in tiers, of offensive, physical skills. Naturally, it also affects the body as a whole, so at;
C rank: +1 to basic attacks (the -2 Tier damage penalty to them is lowered to -1)
A rank: +2 to basic attacks (the -2 Tier damage penalty to them is nullified and basic attacks do full strength tier damage)
SS rank: +1 Strength or Durability Tier in addition to the lower ranking effects. (has to be picked when reached)

NOTES: So, for the second perk I have no problem removing the entire C-SS rank damage penalty reduction thing. It just felt like it made sense.

The free Haki perk of my choosing is Colour of Arms btw.

Ohh, right. Here's the link to the profile to show I got Kami Haki:
http://op-piratenation.forumotion.com/t6512-virginia-verdi-finished

Last edited by Virginia Verdi on Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

2 Re: Custom Kami Busoshoku Haki Perks on Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:28 pm

1/2

View user profile

3 Re: Custom Kami Busoshoku Haki Perks on Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:02 am

As a durability secondary, you'll have durability of 5 max. Which is 2 natural defense.

When your haki is on, you'll have a natural defense of tier 6 by B rank. As is, the rest of your first perk goes to waste unless you include a clause saying what happens when your natural defense goes above 6.

Holy trinity of waifus
View user profile

4 Re: Custom Kami Busoshoku Haki Perks on Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:21 am

Wait, lemme calculate this too real quick.
2 natural defense at Tier 5.
1 natural defense from passive.
3 natural defense max from this perk.

Is a total of 6 natural defense (2+1=3. And 3, so 3+3=6).

Where would it go above 6? Unless I pick the Durability at the last level of this, which would put it at Tier 7 (due to reaching Tier 6 Durability that way, accessing the max. base natural armor). The calculation for damage consumption would not really change, so all that WOULD apply is that there would be no attacks capable of breaking it in a single hit.

In short, I don't think I would really have any excess at all. Not going by this calculation anyway.

View user profile

5 Re: Custom Kami Busoshoku Haki Perks on Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:28 am

Your passive is not upping your durability. It clearly says natural defense. Natural defense is a shield that blocks skills of a certain tier. You will reach tier 6 natural defense by B or A rank depending on your base natural defense.

So I'm asking, what clause are you going to add when your natural defense gets above 6? You've basically created a perk where you not only can potentially block rank 6 skills at tier 4ish,but you also rack up a total of 12 tiers of natural defense not including own base.

Dont confuse natural defense with durability.

Holy trinity of waifus
View user profile

6 Re: Custom Kami Busoshoku Haki Perks on Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:41 am

I beg your pardon but YOU mistake durability for natural defense here.

This perk ups my natural defense.

I get 2 tiers of natural defense out of 5 tiers of durability.

THe passive ALSO ups natural defense.

The very only thing in both this, as well as my primary skill set that ups durability itself, is when the second haki perk reaches SS rank and I PICK a durability increase.

As you can see, if you check, this perk, as well as the Vega Style passive increase "Natural Defense". Which is what you get every two tiers of durability, for the BASE value.

Also where do you get 12 ranks from?!

It is +1 natural defense from D-C, which increases to +2 from B-A and then to +3 from S-SS. In short, the maximum you get out of this is +3. Which corresponds with a total of Tier 6 Natural Defense at SS rank of Haki and at least Tier 5 as a character.

View user profile

7 Re: Custom Kami Busoshoku Haki Perks on Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:47 am

I lowkey beg your pardon, but while natural defense is derived from durability, this is a custom haki perk. If your haki perk is explicitly raising your actual durability when it's active and not giving you a stronger shield, then it actually needs to say that.

Secondly, 1+1+2+2+3+3 =12

If these don't stack, then state that?

Holy trinity of waifus
View user profile

8 Re: Custom Kami Busoshoku Haki Perks on Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:52 am

"the density and raw defensive capabilities of the body increase passively, reflecting in an increase in natural defense as the rank of the user’s haki increases. " - From the Eternal Arms Haki perk.

It literally says "natural defense."

Also, I JUST wrote that it doesn't work like that.
It's +1 from D-C.

Then at B-A it's +2.

At S-SS it's +3.

These do not stack with the values of the lower ranks, the value just increases every two ranks of Haki by +1. Which is the TOTAL of +3. I just DID state that!

View user profile

9 Re: Custom Kami Busoshoku Haki Perks on Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:04 pm

Just. Explicitly. state. that. in. your. op. the. perk's.natural.defense.bonus.is.dependant.on.Rank . and. doesn't. add. up

I've been operating here under the assumption you were scaling your passive by adding Each bonus, since unlike the actual system descriptions. You don't actually say these bonuses aren't dependant on tier and not adding to eachother. You just wrote +1, +1. I already read your response. Now fix your wording.

Holy trinity of waifus
View user profile

10 Re: Custom Kami Busoshoku Haki Perks on Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:27 pm

I mean, it literally says that in the listing, since it has the haki ranks right next to it, but I added a mention that the max modifier is +3.

Should be good now? xD

View user profile

11 Re: Custom Kami Busoshoku Haki Perks on Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:31 pm

k <3

1/2 if it needs to be redone.

Holy trinity of waifus
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum