One Piece Pirate Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
One Piece Pirate Nation

AU One Piece Roleplay

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» SHOP
Giant Effort [Haki Training with Reina] EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:00 pm by Admin

» NPC Template
Giant Effort [Haki Training with Reina] EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 1:05 am by Pain

» [Task] Aqua Laguna
Giant Effort [Haki Training with Reina] EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 1:08 am by Adri Sakna

» Return to baltigo
Giant Effort [Haki Training with Reina] EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 am by Hecate

» Dinner amongst friends [Flashback] [Hecate Only]
Giant Effort [Haki Training with Reina] EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 10:06 pm by Isabella

» [Task] Public Service Announcement
Giant Effort [Haki Training with Reina] EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:31 pm by Siegfried

» Shadow Vs Hiroko
Giant Effort [Haki Training with Reina] EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:03 pm by Jui$y Crow

» Finishing the Job
Giant Effort [Haki Training with Reina] EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm by Bojack

» Mission Briefing (Task)
Giant Effort [Haki Training with Reina] EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:21 pm by Renji Vinsmoke

Top posting users this week
No user

Statistics
We have 1108 registered users
The newest registered user is Roku

Our users have posted a total of 65940 messages in 8693 subjects
Affiliates
Our Button

Vote For Us

Affiliates

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Giant Effort [Haki Training with Reina] Empty Giant Effort [Haki Training with Reina] Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:40 pm

Virginia Verdi

Virginia Verdi
So, she had been stationed here for a while actually. Well, it was probably more than a while to anybody else, but regardless, a short while was probably the appropriate amount of time, when one was indeed referring to the amount of time she had spent, biding her time at Water 7. Alas, timely matters had decided that it was about time that she had re-activated what she had apparently forgotten, yet learnt in times long past now. Perhaps time was indeed a giant's main issue, as it gave one a lot of time, to forget what they had learnt when the time of their birth had not been so distant from their current point in time.

Alas, it seemed it was about time that her trainer arrived! A great person! A great person that didn't quite reach to her ankle, but none the less a person much greater than herself! In the metaphorical sense. Although she probably was stronger too, she was a Commodore after all and such a rank required effort, determination and, well... time. All of which she had, sort of. Especially the last on the list. Thus, in a timely fashion, as if to support her first impression a little bit, Virginia began some rather basic warm-up exercises, careful not to destroy anything in the open area she had deemed appropriate for their training at this time of the day.

She was clad in largely the same garments as always, that is... pitch black, with a marine emblem on the chest and on the typical marine over-coat. It didn't look bad by all means, so why not! Plus, maybe her commodore liked the marines enough to care? Or hated them enough to appreciate her wearing nice things, rather than the silly world government issued stuff... she earned money, so why not spend it on worthwhile things? It's not like she didn't have the time.. thus, Virginia waited, only greeting her superior with a deep bow, the moment she would appear.

Bacon is fluffy

Marines
Marines

Reina slumped at her desk with an utter look of despair as the piles of paper work she needed to do were only growing bigger. She turned her head slightly to the left to find the stack was already 3 feet tall and a secondary had already begun to take form. All around her were frantic ensigns bombarding her with questions and concerns, dropping off paperwork and in general, never giving her a moment's peace. People from other sectors of the island were coming in and out of her office like a revolving door with questions concerning her actions recently. Some of them even from the world government directly. It was quite grating on her nerves as she struggled to lift her head and even address the document sat before her. It was a report of the events which had recently transpired.

After she broke up a riot at one of the sea elevators the officials from the government were wondering what was going through her mind. Like why did she threaten lawfully hired soldiers. Why did she take a rich business man hostage. Why did she use lethal force in many instances. One question after the other and all she was trying to do was do good for the people of water 7. Among all of the commotion was the one person Reina really trusted, her ship buddy Lana. She shook reina a few times who was too busy muttering things to herself and filled out the forms robotically, " I was helping someone who was in trouble. Dear sir and Mam I am sorry----God dammit I hate all of this"! she roared. That's when Lana flicked her forehead with a smile. " Hey don't forget you're meeting up with that new recruit today".

Reina's eyes lit up as life returned to her once more. She grinned and threw herself out of her seat as quickly as she could. Lana on the other hand frowned at her, " You're not going to use this session as an excuse to shirk your duties again"? The red head hesitantly laughed it off shaking her head as she quickly gave her subordinate some empty promises about making good on her work. The blonde sighed, picked up her stamp and began to work on her paperwork as the red head ran as if she was free for the first time in a week. " Now then, where was I heading off to again?". she uttered to herself as she weaved through the busy market streets of water 7. Upon reaching an open field at the edge of town she gazed with wonder at the giant before her. She was just the size reina had assumed they'd be, towering over her majestically. She gazed in awe at even the slightest of movements which caused a draft in their wake. The thunderous crash each step she made caused little pebbles and debris to rattle on the ground, which was really more interesting to her than she'd like to admit.

Shaking her head and getting up from her crawling position, Reina took a deep breath and bellowed loudly toward the giant formally dressed woman, " Hey noobie can you hear me"! Sure as the sky appeared to be blue, the giant did indeed respond with a formal bow. Leaving reina to sort of scratch her head at the display. Cupping her hands again she began to yell at her once more, " Can you tell me your name solider"!?

Virginia Verdi

Virginia Verdi
After bowing to her superior at the cue of hearing her voice, albeit faintly, Virginia stood at attention, tilting her head awkwardly as the woman below-, in front of- uh... before her. Red hair was it... hard to tell, but... yes, yes that was red, definitely red. Red hair looked really, really nice. Alas, Virginia couldn't really tell whether the woman was otherwise pretty or not, she was just too damn short for it. Then again, due to their small size they all looked fairly decent at range. The less detail, the less flaws... or so the thing went. Really, it was something to be envied. Not that she had much trouble with physical flaws, hora-hora-hora... The giant snickered to herself a little, in the rather eccentric way unique to every individual giant.  

"Eh?" She then let out, tilting her head as her superior yelled something again. Hm... what did procedure suggest at these times? Probably a question regarding name and task? Maybe even mission briefing... no wait, that was her job. So, probably just the name and her request, or something like that? Hm... perhaps she should ask, but that would likely come off as rather disrespectful. Then again, she was standing several stories higher than her superior right now, so forced respect was likely the only implicit one she could avail the other person. Gosh darn, these things were tough. Alas, Verdi simply saluted and blurted out what she assumed to be correct:"Name's Senior Ensign, Virginia Verdi. Daughter of Victor Verdi and Grandaughter of former Vice Admiral Vega Verdi! A-Adoptive, naturally... I mean, not naturally. Adoptive, as you can no doubt see." She frowned over her own words, glaring in the distance, before glowering down at her superior officer again.

"I am here to refresh my training in the use of Haki, please! I had it activated some 70 years ago, but I am afraid over the last decades I... well, my body forgot it. So, I will require another awakening of Haki, would that be alright? Training me would be certainly of benefit, since I could actively engage even Logia users and would generally become more effective in battle then! I do think that I may become a decent military asset, if given the chance for improvement. If nothing else, I am rather skilled at Rokushiki as is... and I am... well, I am strong-ish? Physically I mean. I am sure you are much stronger though!" SHe made a reassuring gesture at the Commodore with both hands, smirking apologetically, before getting serious again.

"Alas, I have trouble hearing you up here, so... if you do not mind." With these words, Virginia squatted down before the commodore, her shadow looming over the other woman, whilst Verdi hugged her legs and peered at Reina over her knees, making sure to keep her skirt in place, to prevent any improper fauxpas. "Now, if you would please give me your instructions! Just to check whether I can hear you properly like this!" The giantess nodded at the Commodore reassuringly, her long hair dangling down to roughly Reina's height, being a mere meter away from the woman's head-level. "I am looking forward to working with you!" This time Virginia smiled, tilting her head once more, whilst peering over the edge of her sunglasses.

Bacon is fluffy

Marines
Marines

Reina slowly brought her arms back to a relaxed position as she waited an answer from the giant. The woman as she would call her mentally, had chuckled ever so slightly at her question in a fashion reina wasn't used to. If she had the liberty to describe it, she might have blurted out something about her being a weirdo. The red head stared at her closely, looking for some sign of what the giant was all about. That is until she heard the eh, which sent a draft toward her. Reina covered her face with her arms as the gust tried to send her flying. Still she focused on the giant who seemed to have a pensive expression, going to say something before retracting ever so slightly. Then out of the blue she straightened herself up as if she had an epiphany. Reina's eyes widened as the shadow loomed over her and the ground started to tremble, sending her stumbling a bit as the giant started to ramble once more. This time with a hint of uncertainty and nervousness which started to attack her ears and push her back once more with a gust.

The red head covered her ears as she winced and rolled about, the thunderous formal self introduction seemed as if she was shouted to Reina rather than simply telling her name. Reina tried to laugh it off as she looked back at the giant who seemed to be displeased for some reason. " was it cuz I fell over"? Before she had time to calm her down the giant went on another breathless rant that was more of an assault on reina than most of her regular enemies. To keep herself grounded the red head stuck her blackened katana into the ground and held off with her blaring ear drums until the giant had finished.

Suddenly it ceased, the sound of her massive form contracting brought reina back to reality. The woman before her while squatting towered before her with a rather uneasy smile still. Thus the red head thrust her sword back into its sheath and sprinted toward the girl as fast as she could. She immediately assessed her path along the giant's body and with a few leaps and bounds, she made her first foot hold onto her index finger and quickly leaped and hurdled over the creases on the sleeve of her arm until she reached the summit of her shoulder.

Slightly winded, reina stumbled over and took a seat in the grooves of her clothing. " Ehh haha---hey listen I don't really care about that stuff really. We can always have fun testing eachother's strength anytime you want"! she said, with slightly less volume hoping being next to her head would make it easier to talk to her.

She scratched her chin for a few moments, " So you want to learn hakis right? uhhhh hmmm ahhhh---how can I explain it"? The red head stood up for a moment and started limbering up. " Well I uh--- kind of think of it umm, like having a tickle feeling. Do you ever has those? Like you can just feel and it and BAM it worked"?

Virginia Verdi

Virginia Verdi
Oh. Oh dear, did she just knock a superior officer over? Did she just knock a superior officer over by... by talking to them too loudly? Well... at least she didn't appear to take offense. That was good. Probably. Even as she kept talking, the higher ranking officer appeared to be doing her best to remain on top of herself, or rather, on her own feet. It appeared to be working well enough, if... well, if well enough did include the use of a sword, to prevent completely falling over. But she really should stop talking this loudly, otherwise the Commodore would just get angry... probably.

Then Reina did something slightly unexpected. With the agility of a horsefly she jumped up on top of Virginia's finger, to catapult herself further onto her arm, before running up it with enough speed to straighten some creases in her clothing. Well... well that was certainly something. But what was she on about now... testing each other's strength? What for? Or was she just interested in seeing what a giant could do first hand? Well... if that was what she wanted. "Hm...? Oh, surely I just thought it was relevant for the purpose of training." Then her new teacher started talking about haki. Well, she had just said that she was here to re-learn it... she certainly heard it. Must have, it nearly knocked her on her little ass.

"Yes, yes I am here to learn dem hakis." Virginia repeated, softly, her voice barely loud enough to be considered proper room-level speech for a regular person. Her tone was dry, as if she wasn't sure whether her superior was kidding her, or actually being serious. It was kind of hard to tell though. 'A tickling feeling' she said. Yeah, she had those occasionally, in all kinds of places, usually when they fell asleep and went numb, because there wasn't enough space for her to stretch out. Also when she was hungry, lonely or otherwise indisposed and her body wanted for something at all, including pain relief. So what in the world was she getting at now? "Yes, I do know the cribbly feeling, but it is not really unique to the circumstance you describe. I already learnt it once before, so the potential is definitely there... you just ought to kick me into the right direction, I think?" It was merely a suggestion, mostly because that was how her grandfather had done it (literally) last time.

She had the feeling this person was about as adept at teaching people as she was adept at keeping sound footing when reasonable people tried talking to her, meaning not good at all. AT. ALL. A tickling feeling, my ass. How old was she anyway?! Ohhh well, it would have to do. Can't be picky with your teachers, especially when it is about haki. If she had these tickling feelings she likely learnt it herself, so transmitting that knowledge... communicating it... probably wasn't that easy for her. It made sense, it really did... but that didn't make her better at explaining. Like, damn, was she bad at making a point. But that was ok! Thus Virginia just smiled at her awkwardly and scratchd her head a little, before getting back up on her feet, stretching a little. "Well then... do you have a suggestion where to start Master of Haki? Commodore? Superior-nee-chan?" The last wasn't serious at all, but she felt it was alright this time? Maybe. She'd see...

Bacon is fluffy

Marines
Marines

Reina who was perfectly comfortable while perched on virginia's shoulder stared at her blankly when she didn't have tickle feelings. She waved her hand at the warm breath which radiated from the giant as she tried whispering. Her breath wasn't rancid,but neither was it a cool and refreshing. Luckily the constant stream of fresh air from the sea breeze would make it disperse quicker than usual. But then again, she realized that the smell of salt and fish isn't all that pleasant either. With a blank look on her face she craddled her chin in her hands, propped up against her thighs as she thought hard about the training. A few times she looked at her own hands and tried to imagine what the feeling of invoking busho haki was. To feel the metallic jetblack power resonate on her arms. " There's gotta be some way to explain this", she muttered to herself as she watched the air change around her hands. It felt natural though, as natural as breathing. Like a tingling feeling when your foot falls asleep.

Speaking of which she realized her foot felt sensitive and tried to walk it off as the blood started to flow back into her it once more. Now on one leg she hopped about, trying not to let the wind blow her off the giant. "hmm", she hummed to herself while looking through a notepad in his jacket pocket. " Now let's see--- to do list, files to fill out, people to meet, things to do...c'mon now where is it?--- AH HA!" she roared, with a page of notes left by her friend Lana. Looking at notes she found a particularly cool quote that seemed to sum it up in a cool manner. She grinned and stood up to face the giant once more.

She let her arm sway to and fro, " Okie dokie giant girl lemme see if I can uhhh--do this right. Like-- we all have haki inside of us. It lies dormant and to be perfectly honest, it usually doesn't awaken. BUT YOU...have already sort of done it"? The red head straightened up with a grin on her face, " Learned huh? That's hogwash, if you knew then you wouldn't need my help! Doing and knowing are two separate things girl"! Reina turned scratched her chin and thought for a moment, before raising her finger once more. " Ah ha, now I got it! Okay your mission is to clear your mind of everything. No more worries, doubts, fears, or concerns! There is power in throwing your doubt aside. Harness that power. You will meditate until you can rid your thoughts of everything except your breathing. THEN GRAB IT. GRAB THE HAKI AND RIP IT OUT OF YA"! She roared. As she did, her arm became became hot ad jet black. " Remember Virginia, there is power in not having doubt. Haki is much akin to fighting spirit. We all can do it,but so few of us bring it out".

Virginia Verdi

Virginia Verdi
Yeah well hopefully there was some way to explain it, she was kind of depending on her to do just that. Virginia smiled at Reina still, but a vein at her temple pulsed slightly, as if to indicate that this was getting a little strange. Not that it bothered her that the other Marine had to brusquely entered her personal space and made her nest on her shoulder, but it was still a little rude to get up here and then not even know what to really say. Huff... this was peculiar. But she'd get over it. Probably, definitely. "Hard to explain, aye?" Virginia nodded again, an expression of querry on her face and still smiling... a little forced, but none the less... smiling.

Virginia simply followed Reina's movements with her eyes, as the young woman thought, audibly, on her shoulder, causing the giant to sigh a little, albeit not into the Commodore's direction, to prevent her from being blown off her shoulder. Then she looked at notes. Notes?! What was she needing notes for? Did her... who even was it that was teaching her here? Oh, who cared... really, it was unimportant now. Her superior addressed her again, finally, having made sure of telling her something more useful, hopefully. If not... well it'd be a long day one way or the other. But she could have had worse company. Like none at all. Or pirates... yuck.

"Yes, I have done it before. But as I said, that was 70 years ago." She frowned at the audacity of the other. She definitely knew it back then, but there's no saying that something cannot fall dormant once again if not used, geez. Not like she had to use it ever, before she joined the marines... and by then way too much time had passed where she'd done stuff that did not require the use of Haki at all. "To clear my mind of everything, got it. That won't be easy with you sitting on my shoulder, but I shall try." Shrugging, Virginia sat down onto the plain ground, crossing her legs, whilst resting her hands on her knees. SHe had to concentrate, before she'd be able to really activate much of anything... or forget everything for that matter.

For now, too many things were going through her head either way, so she'd have to clear herself of that first and foremost. Something was wriggling beneath her... she hadn't sat on a person, had she? Ah... probably not, if she had it wouldn't be alive still, most likely. Raising herself off of whatever it was, she saw a big mammal scurry away in sheer terror, before Virginia sat back down and started to breathe slowly and evenly, using her martial arts training to still her mind... and remover her desires from her being for now. Things calmed down, she relaxed... to the point she would rather fall asleep than actually do this. But none the less she would have to... have to...
In relatively little time it seemed as if Virginia had in fact fallen asleep, but instead she had calmed herself to the point she was almost completely empty. Now... to stop actually thinking, she'd also have to stop focusing on her breathing, but before that would be possible, she'd have to focus on it excessively... then, one more exhaling... then she was turly, devoid of thought.

Bacon is fluffy

Marines
Marines

Reina sat criss cross apple sauce style on her shoulder, making a talking motion with her fingers. " Blah blah, excuses. Huffing and puffing because you accidentally did something a long time ago?", she whispered to herself. Silently Reina grumbled to herself as the giant re-positioned itself on the ground in a criss cross as well. The red head stared at her waiting for the giant to finally focus after several hick ups and fidgety movements to reposition herself, the giant finally began to calm herself down. Reina positioned herself next to the giant's ear and slumped over the earlobe's entrance.

"Alrighty then, virginia. Listen to the sound of my voice,but don't actually listen. All you need to do with grab the haki. Don't think about it, imagine yourself sitting on a white plane of existence, where there was nothing else. In front of you should be a ball of fire, one which ebbs and flows with great power. Yet it has not hue, no distinct glow. That fire is the haki", she said with the strongest tone she could think of. "Just imagine yourself reaching deep down inside yourself and grabbing the power you've had in you all along", she said.

Reina then moved away and lunged backwards off the giant's shoulder, to begin sliding down her shirt and over her massive mountains that she called boobs. At the tip she slipped off and flipped in mid air to land on a nearby boulder.

Virginia Verdi

Virginia Verdi
Close to the ear. VERY close to the ear in fact. But alas, who cared, no distractions now. Naturally, Virginia fell into a sort of trance, hearing the voice of her superior as one did whilst half-asleep, barely listening yet somehow recognizing the meaning behind them. Whether she would have known without the input or not, Virginia soon began to tap into... something. It wasn't quite fire, not even heat... but something almost primal... Something that had been around way longer than the giantess herself, yet had been split off... to form her? Maybe. It didn't matter. Nothing like this mattered. It felt benign... and appropriate.

To grab it... grasping it more like, Virginia extended her arms towards it. Not literal arms of course, but she imagined arms, arms grasping ever longer and wider, like shadows looming above the setting sun, to snuff out its light and claim it for their own. She wanted access to this... access to the thing that represented her very life. She would claim it, own it, earn it. A shudder went through her body, as she reached closer to it, her body noticing, yet her mind disregarding the superior officer slipping down her chest, using her breasts as a jumping platfom, like that was funny or something. Under any other circumstances she might have taken offense, but deep in meditation, seeking to claim her light, Virginia did not care in the slightest.

And there... there it was. It felt... cold? No, not quite cold. It was moreso searing, boiling, so blindingly hot and immense that she thought it was like the most bitter cold, shock-freezing anything it touched in a way that no fire could usually burn. But this flame... this light could turn even such ice to nothing, could turn a building into ashes, or a person to a pillar of cinders. It was beyond just hot... it was birth and unbirth... life and a tool for bringing death. Yes, she would grasp her life... and bash it right into people's faces! And so... she finally grasped it.

10Giant Effort [Haki Training with Reina] Empty Re: Giant Effort [Haki Training with Reina] Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:15 am

Bacon is fluffy

Marines
Marines

Reina looked up at the giant with a big grin on her face, staring up at the woman who was now seething with power. It was not an obvious change, but there was a heat she gave off as her inner power began to radiate. Haki isn't some tangible force nor is it instinctual. It's a power we all have,but it is hidden under many mental constraints that force the power deep into the person. Every now and then there comes along a person who can invoke said power and break their normal limits.

The red head drew her blade, half tempted to test this in combat. To see a giant's haki, it sounded like something out of a children's story book to reina. She held her blade out to the side and closed her eyes as well. Wind began to gather near her blade as all else began to melt away. In her mind it was just her and the giant. There a strong draft began to build around her blade, causing wind to howl across the plane whipping up dust and debris. She lowered her blade behind her, stepping forward with a powerful stomp which made the ground crack beneath her. As she opened her eyes the wind built to a boiling point as she slashed in an arc over herself.

Utilizing the strength of her cut, a forty five foot blade of compressed air was barreling toward the giant. It was sink or swim time for her, utilize the power of haki to block the attack or leave the training field injured.

-exit-

OOC: Alright verdi finish the topic, you now can use hackee. :3

11Giant Effort [Haki Training with Reina] Empty Re: Giant Effort [Haki Training with Reina] Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:19 pm

Virginia Verdi

Virginia Verdi
Something strange was going on... the air in the area appeared to be drawn into one point, wind brushing past her ears, fluttering her hair a little, as she meditated, completely in touch with her own essence. So this was... what haki could be. A way of using your life to guard your life... what a funny coincidence. It did appear that the only way to save lifes was to offer up some of your own. She did wonder... whether or not the use of this could actually reduce her age. Then again, it wasn't like she had any attachment to growing old. She was much older than most humans already as things stood. Regardless, something was... off.

Then she felt it... almost smelt it, coming her way. Of course one cannot truly smell haki, but none the less it was as if the air itself was filled with the stench of ozone, as the wind-blade sought to carve her up. Virginia opened her eyes just in time, yet with a strange calm, as if she had expected as much. Then her right hand prompety grew dark, covered in a metal-like shell of a dark-grey, almost black tone. When the wind-blade connected, it was not with her forehead, or her body as a whole, bust instead the palm of her hand, grasping the cut, as if it was a spacial line, before crushing it in her grasp, the encasing rupturing in the process, as the immense power of the slash was on par with the defense she had cast over her hand.

Virginia herself simply was half-kneeling before her superior, looking at her with a raised eye-brow as she considered what had just happened. She certainly had made use of haki, Busoshoku, as was to be expected... it was the only one she could use after all. But for her to just attack her with something potentially so lethal... well... "Well that's just rude is what that was." The giant exclaimed with a slightly offended look on her face, blowing a lose strand of hair out of her face, before getting up on her feet again. "Alas, you have my thanks Commodore! It seems the training really was successful!" Beaming, from one moment to the other, Virginia looked at her unscathed hand, giddy about the possibilities... somehow her body felt a bit tougher in general... but this could have just been her imagination.

Haki Training: Complete!
Busoshoku Kami Haki Activated!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum