One Piece Pirate Nation

AU One Piece Roleplay

Welcome to Pirate Nation, Events are currently in progress. Make sure to keep an eye out for new events posted in the Events Section

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Meeting. [Ark Beginning]
Today at 4:37 am by Knuckles Shi

» [Event|Task|Mini-Arc] Weaken Oceanus
Yesterday at 11:27 pm by Ritz

» R.I.P. Pretty Flacko
Yesterday at 10:54 pm by Mahasthamaprapta

» Dream Daggers
Yesterday at 10:08 pm by Ghost

» Dancing Dagger
Yesterday at 10:06 pm by Ghost

» Staff Applications
Yesterday at 10:00 pm by Mahasthamaprapta

» Crying in chaos [Event Task]
Yesterday at 9:18 pm by Freyr Preben

» Return of The Ryu | Turf Arc
Yesterday at 9:01 pm by paperiguana

» [Crew Creation/Training/Travel] A New Start - The Meeting of the Sea Serpents!
Yesterday at 8:33 pm by Psychosis

Statistics
We have 1053 registered users
The newest registered user is Ninpocho

Our users have posted a total of 63763 messages in 8315 subjects
Affiliates
Our Button

Vote For Us

Affiliates

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51 Re: Rokuju's Inventions on Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:16 pm

betiwontmiss

Free Agents
Free Agents

u can increase the range to 30m if u want, if not approved, if u do, then bump and i'll stamp after

52 Re: Rokuju's Inventions on Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:15 am

ok, increased range. Thank you~!

View user profile

53 Re: Rokuju's Inventions on Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:03 pm

betiwontmiss

Free Agents
Free Agents

2/2

54 Re: Rokuju's Inventions on Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:29 pm

new gadget

Equipment Name: Magnitude Amplifier
Equipment Type: Gadget
Strength Req.: 1
Equipment Description: A generator made to amplify skills an abilities, converting energy from her system to add a buff by the attributes below. The energy powering the amplifier is channeled into a looped fibreglass track, which accelerates around the circular track continuously, gaining a buildup. Once released, this energy runs through Ro's system, joining up with her skill/ability. Application varies with each case, for example, a pika pika skill projected outward could use this energy to fling it further or increase it's power. It costs 10 energy to activate the amplifier and 50% of the skills stamina cost in energy per use per buff. How many upgrade points the amplifier has determines how strong the buff is. 3 upgrades are necessary to use this device, before that it is just a prototype.

+ x tier of damage & interaction: 1 1 1 2 2 2

+ x% extra distance: 5 5 10 10 15 20

Attachments: -
Curse or Devil Fruit: -
Materials: Plastic, carbon fibre, glass
Units per Slot: 1
Experience: 0
Upgrade Points: 0

Equipment Name: Lux Amplifier
Equipment Description: A generator made to amplify skills an abilities, converting energy from her system to add a buff by the attributes below. The energy powering the amplifier is channeled into a series of lenses which build up and focus the energy.. Once released, this energy runs through Ro's system, joining up with her skill/ability. It costs 10 energy to activate the amplifier and 5 energy per use per buff. How many upgrade points the amplifier has determines how strong the buff is. 3 upgrades are necessary to use this device, before that it is just a prototype.

+ x to perception debuff
(will of light passive):                     1    1    1    2    2    2

Can pay upkeep costs of tier x
skills and passive costs in energy: 0    1    2    3    4    5

Materials: Plastic, carbon fibre, glass

material apping with my advanced materials skill found here: http://op-piratenation.forumotion.com/t7112-support-skills-add-on

Equipment Name: Diamondillium
Equipment Type: Advanced material (diamond)
Equipment Description: This advanced material has been created via fitting carbon atom pieces together with painstaking precision. The result is a high tech variant of diamond with increased durability. The atomic structure of the strings of carbon are woven around in tight spirals much like springs; this gives the material a significant force dampening, as well as incredible ability to insulate electricity and heat. This quality results in diamondillium being able to protect the flesh underneath from forces and threats until completely destroyed.

Diamondillium is specifically made for Rokuju and her in battle needs. It is a non-metal, meaning it can phase into her logian form with her. It is translucent but difficult to see through (think tinted windows), meaning the intense light from her abilities can pass unimpeded through the material. The whole volume of diamondillium counts as a tech item for the purposes of Ro's tech abilities and skills.

Requires 2 upgrade points to be a useful material.
Materials: Diamond

cheers

Last edited by Deep Rokuju on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:12 pm; edited 6 times in total

View user profile

55 Re: Rokuju's Inventions on Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:16 pm

betiwontmiss

Free Agents
Free Agents

how does the generator just amplify abilities. U need to actually describe the logistics behind things. the inventions aren't just to write stuff out and get freebie benefits, needs to make sense.

additionally remove 2 of the bonus aspects. remove ability to double the buff, lower the range buff to 5, 5, 10, 10, 15, 20 in meters and not diameter. up the energy cost for the amplifier to activate to 10 then 5 per turn for upkeep. how is this only made out of plastic?

how is the armor made out of plastic but as durable as diamond? No where does it mention in the application that it's armor or fits on a person's body so that should be included somewhere if it is indeed armor. all these bonuses need to be translated to actual rp mechanics. meaning force dampening needs to say something like -1 tier of damage against blunt force. etc etc. Pick either heat or electricity insulation.

56 Re: Rokuju's Inventions on Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:40 am

Amplifier

Added description, tell me what you think.

I think I've made the changes here but not 100% on what you were meaning.

Diamondillium

My mistake, was supposed to be diamond material not plastic.

This is a material, not an armour. The armour item will be modded later.

The force dampening isn't meant to give any mechanical plus type bonus to the material, just to protect what is underneath until it is destroyed.

Same idea with the electricity/heat insulation - diamond has both naturally, I'm not trying to add extra properties here.

View user profile

57 Re: Rokuju's Inventions on Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:09 pm

betiwontmiss

Free Agents
Free Agents

why are both of these at four upgrade points to start?

this is actually going to need energy cost per use and not per post. because u could easily activate it then spam out 5 skills and only pay 10 energy to activate it and continue to spam skills with buffs for only 5 energy. energy cost should be equal to stamina cost of the skills used

+ x tier of damage & interaction: 1 1 1 2 2 2

+ x% extra distance: 5 5 10 10 15 20

+ x to perception debuff
(will of light passive): 1 1 1 2 2 2

Can pay upkeep costs of tier x
skills and passive costs in energy: 1 2 3 4 5 6 lower all of these by 1 so at 6 upgrade points it can only pay for tier 5s.

additionally remove 2 of the bonus aspects. remove ability to double the buff, lower the range buff to 5, 5, 10, 10, 15, 20 in meters and not diameter. up the energy cost for the amplifier to activate to 10 then 5 per turn for upkeep. how is this only made out of plastic?

i'm only allowing you to keep two of these, you're getting way too much stuff in one item

58 Re: Rokuju's Inventions on Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:42 pm

ok all good, I split it into two different items if that is ok.

View user profile

59 Re: Rokuju's Inventions on Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:00 pm

betiwontmiss

Free Agents
Free Agents

this is actually going to need energy cost per use and not per post. because u could easily activate it then spam out 5 skills and only pay 10 energy to activate it and continue to spam skills with buffs for only 5 energy. energy cost should be equal to stamina cost of the skills used
u didn't make this edit. even then i'll say energy cost to effect skills should be 50% of the skill's static stamina cost, meaning discounts on stamina cost aren't taken into account. Additionally, none of these items are something that can operate with 0 upgrade points. I didn't say make the upgrade points 0 i was asking why they were four, but these certainly can't pass at 0. u can say these are prototypes and not usable until at least 3 upgrade points are obtained.

60 Re: Rokuju's Inventions on Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:55 pm

Ok made the changes

I assume the 50% was only for the magnitude amplifyer cause that is the one with the skill buffs.

Cheers.

View user profile

61 Re: Rokuju's Inventions on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:01 pm

betiwontmiss

Free Agents
Free Agents

everything but the armor is 1/2 for the armor it's too advanced to be a 1 upgrade point type of armor

62 Re: Rokuju's Inventions on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:11 pm

ok cheers

The diamondillium being apped is just the material, meaning I would have to make that material and then make the armour (which is a longer process, and I had assumed thats where I would be doing the upgrades) but if you think its still to strong then I'll put it up, though the wc for the finished items is starting to be pretty big. - edited, added on that 2 upgrade pts are needed for it to be used.

View user profile

63 Re: Rokuju's Inventions on Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:38 am

The Jade Emperor

Revolutionary Captain
Revolutionary Captain

1/2 for the advanced material and 2/2 for everything else

View user profile

64 Re: Rokuju's Inventions on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:57 am

betiwontmiss

Free Agents
Free Agents

as long as u have a skill that lets u create materials this is 2/2

65 Re: Rokuju's Inventions on Fri May 19, 2017 3:44 am

Hiya, I want to add some more stuff to the below:
old version:
Equipment Name: EDI
Strength Req.: 0
Equipment Description: EDI is an AI that is designed for a variety of uses, each one requiring an upgrade to unlock. The AI itself can be communicated with IC for storytelling value, but cannot know anything that it shouldn't, i.e. anything that Rokuju herself couldn't know.

• Using EDI to help with the crafting process decreases word count by 20%. EDI can be used with skills such as the 'Automated Systems' support skill.

EDI's body is a disc 10 cm radius that can float and move at tier 1 speed. It has a pair of small retractable claws to manipulate things and can attach to Ro's body to be out of the way. Using EDI costs 5 energy per post.
Materials: plastic

and add some stuff to it to turn it into:
Equipment Description: EDI is an AI that is designed for a variety of uses, each one requiring an upgrade to unlock. The AI itself can be communicated with IC for storytelling value, but cannot know anything that it shouldn't, i.e. anything that Rokuju herself couldn't know.

• Using EDI to help with the crafting process decreases word count by 20%. EDI can be used with skills such as the 'Automated Systems' support skill.
  • Upgrading EDI will allow the knowledgeable AI to be a conduit when interfacing with PC's and NPC's in regards to support occupations. Ro is able to contact someone through this device to be able to use their knowledge even when far away from them. This way, she can use EDI in a similar fashion as to if the NPC/PC was actually there, while still communicating through her. 2 upgrade points are required for this.

EDI's body is a disc 10 cm radius that can float and move at tier 1 speed. It has a pair of small retractable claws to manipulate things and can attach to Ro's body to be out of the way. Using EDI costs 5 energy per post. Small non weaponised modifications can be made to EDI so that it may carry out its occupational jobs.

Equipment Name: Destructor Cannon
Equipment Type: Ship weapon
Strength Req.: -
Equipment Description:
appearance:

This high tech ship weapon is meant to be stored below the deck of the ship, with the barrel protruding when in use. The cannon can fire a continuous laser. The laser is one of pure energy and has no fall off, however the laser loses its power and disintegrates beyond its useful range. Shots have an output of a skill one tier below the number of upgrade points and have a damage and material destruction shown in the list below. Shots from multiple cannons can combine on impact, boosting the effective number of upgrade points by one. This invention only becomes a useful end product after two upgrade points are spent developing it.
tier improvements:

• 2 UP: 500m range
    Completely Destroyed - Wood, Stone, and similar materials.
    Partially Destroyed -
    Lightly Damaged - Iron
  • 3 UP: 700m range
    Completely Destroyed - Wood, Stone, and similar materials.
    Partially Destroyed - Iron
    Lightly Damaged - Steel
  • 4 UP: 900m range
    Completely Destroyed - Iron, Wood, Stone, and similar materials
    Partially Destroyed - Steel
    Lightly Damaged - Titanium
  • 5 UP: 1100m range
    Completely Destroyed - Steel, Iron, Wood, Stone, and similar materials.
    Partially Destroyed - Titanium
    Lightly Damaged - Treasure Tree Adam
  • 6 UP: 1300m range
    Completely Destroyed - Titanium, Steel, Iron, Wood, Stone, and similar materials.
    Partially Destroyed - Treasure Tree Adam
    Lightly Damaged - Diamond, Seastone
  • 7 UP (for combination purposes): 1500m range
    Completely Destroyed - Treasure Tree Adam, Titanium, Steel, Iron, Wood, Stone, and similar materials.
    Partially Destroyed - Diamond, Seastone
    Lightly Damaged - N/A
  • 8 UP (for combination purposes): 1700m range
    All Materials Destroyed.

A grunt is required to operate it, unless the cannon has at least 3 UP, then it can interface with one of Ro's devices that control singals (such as Angel's Halo), and she is able to control the cannon herself as long as it is on the same island as her.
Materials: Hardened plastic (casing), metal wiring, carbon fibre, glass.

Cheers

Last edited by Deep Rokuju on Mon May 22, 2017 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

66 Re: Rokuju's Inventions on Fri May 19, 2017 7:28 pm

betiwontmiss

Free Agents
Free Agents

no to the support occupations

67 Re: Rokuju's Inventions on Fri May 19, 2017 8:41 pm

Is there any way I could get it, maybe by paying the cost for a normal NPC? Is there any reason why the idea is a no go?

View user profile

68 Re: Rokuju's Inventions on Fri May 19, 2017 11:33 pm

betiwontmiss

Free Agents
Free Agents

because it's an all in one invention which eliminates the need for other PCs or NPCs. That, not being something we're interested in allowing on the site.

69 Re: Rokuju's Inventions on Mon May 22, 2017 3:51 pm

alright last attempt on this one, how about EDI is just the go between, and is used as a conduit for communication between NPC/PC who have the occupation. This means that I'd still require them and I'd still be RPing with them.

I also added a ship weapon invention that I can make with my outfitter spec. Havent made one of these before so don't know of any benchmark. Based the lowest tier range on the stuff in the artillery shop and the material destruction on a weaker version of the base skill set MD.

Cheers.

View user profile

70 Re: Rokuju's Inventions on Wed May 24, 2017 12:48 pm

betiwontmiss

Free Agents
Free Agents

just noticed that ur scientist occupation is at base form and not specialized. both inventions are too advanced for one that's not specialized, as you should be limited to basic machinery. Even if u are permitted to go up to three upgrade points with it, neither are basic machines. I'm denying the laser on those grounds, we'll leave the rest of your creations untouched as that is staffs fault and not yours.

the EDI thing needs to have a limited range of the ocean. i.e. paradise, east blue, south blue, clam belt.

71 Re: Rokuju's Inventions on Fri May 26, 2017 6:13 pm

You told me right at the start of making my character that I would only need scientist and blacksmith to do this stuff,  I've planned my whole kit and character around being able to make this type of stuff so wtf am I supposed to do now??

as seen here in my intro thread: http://op-piratenation.forumotion.com/t6006-hello-plus-questions

View user profile

72 Re: Rokuju's Inventions on Sun May 28, 2017 2:55 pm

betiwontmiss

Free Agents
Free Agents

I said Blacksmith and scientist (specs still exist). there are still limitations that aren't hidden and are written in the systems for all to see. Scientist clearly says "basic machinery". We can't list out every single little thing that entails, but it gives a general idea. The things you are and have been creating aren't basic. You can read the occupation description and read this and probably did when you picked the occupation during character creation. Blame who you want, but you have access to the systems just like everyone else, myself included and they say what they say. If you feel it's not specific enough, that can't be helped. As said not every single little detail can be written out.

You can find someone to partner with that can help you with what it is you want to do. You can get a revamp ticket and just change ur occupations keeping the char exactly the same.

73 Re: Rokuju's Inventions on Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:26 pm

╰( ⁰ ਊ ⁰ )━☆゚.*・。゚ ta daaah

now I can do the stuff

View user profile

74 Re: Rokuju's Inventions on Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:39 pm

betiwontmiss

Free Agents
Free Agents

Upgrading EDI will allow the knowledgeable AI to be a conduit when interfacing with PC's and NPC's in regards to support occupations. Ro is able to contact someone through this device to be able to use their knowledge even when far away from them. so u call someone, but what are they using to answer your call This way, she can use EDI in a similar fashion as to if the NPC/PC was actually there, while still communicating through her. 2 upgrade points are required for this. to avoid this being what i previously said "all in one" the PC/NPC is going to need to post still communicating with the device or something. this can't just be a remote crafting skill while the person with the actual occupation u need/want doesn't have to contribute a.k.a. u have all occupations.

This high tech ship weapon is meant to be stored below the deck of the ship, with the barrel protruding when in use. The cannon can fire a continuous laser. The laser is one of pure energy and has no fall off, however the laser loses its power and disintegrates beyond its useful range. Shots have an output of a skill one tier below the number of upgrade points and have a damage and material destruction shown in the list below. Shots from multiple cannons can combine on impact, boosting the effective number of upgrade points by one. u need to describe this math, because u say cannons can work together to increase output, but don't detail how many are needed to boost it by how many points. This invention only becomes a useful end product after two upgrade points are spent developing it.

range should cap at t6/ 6 UP

75 Re: Rokuju's Inventions on Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:31 am

I'll put the ship weapon on hold for now.

Using EDI to help with the crafting process decreases word count by 10%. EDI can be used with skills such as the 'Automated Systems' support skill.

Upgrading EDI will allow the knowledgeable AI to be a conduit when interfacing with PC's and NPC's in regards to support occupations. Ro is able to contact someone through this device to be able to use their knowledge even when far away from them. This way, she can use EDI in a similar fashion as to if the NPC/PC was actually there, while still communicating through her. 2 upgrade points are required for this. The called NPC must have a unit themselves in which they are using and interfacing with the far off partnered EDI. In this way, the NPC is using this invention to do their normal occupational job, just from a different location.

EDI's body is a disc 10 cm radius. It has a mic and speaker are installed to allow communication. Using EDI costs 5 energy per post. Small non weaponised modifications can be made to EDI so that it may carry out its occupational jobs.

hopefully this fulfills your concerns.

cheers

Last edited by Deep Rokuju on Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]