One Piece Pirate Nation

AU One Piece Roleplay

Welcome to Pirate Nation, Events are currently in progress. Make sure to keep an eye out for new events posted in the Events Section

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Devil Fruits
Today at 7:01 pm by Adri Sakna

» Fur Hat Pirates
Today at 5:53 pm by CrazyMoonGaming

» Staff Requests: MISC
Today at 3:56 pm by Jui$y Crow

» Drawback mode training
Today at 2:05 pm by Ghost

» Training System
Today at 1:58 pm by Adri Sakna

» Staff Requests: Tasks,Arcs,World Positions.
Today at 1:47 pm by Malachai

» Ghost Update
Today at 1:47 pm by Adri Sakna

» The Island of Dream Last Dream{Turf War}
Today at 1:45 pm by Adri Sakna

» New Skill set Passive ( The Stone Titan)
Today at 1:36 pm by Ghost

Statistics
We have 1085 registered users
The newest registered user is WibbleWobble

Our users have posted a total of 65314 messages in 8579 subjects
Affiliates
Our Button

Vote For Us

Affiliates

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kincaid vs Lilica:

First thing is first, Kin you got shot.
Lilica Attack wrote:
As he dashed at her, she'd deem him a worthy target for her bullets and she'd let loose simultaneous shots from her twin pistols. Despite the swordsman being multiple meters away her bullets had the potential to meet his head in less than a second should he continue his voyage forward. *note this section saying it'd hit in less than a second doesn't account for the vacuum* To add insult to injury should he continue with his plan of action, when he drew his blade and created the vacuum, he'd only make the bullets sail his way faster. Albeit they'd be drawn downwards towards the placement of his sheathe, it'd only make them align with the side of his torso his scabbard was on piercing the corresponding vitals that lay there.

Kincaid Response wrote:
His sheathe was also his weapon. It was not worn, but carried in his opposite hand. So when the vacuum of wind pulled the bullets away from his head and towards his sheathe, aka the cane, it did not go towards his abdomen or any real vitals but instead towards the cane in his left hand.

The NPC accounts for the sheathe's vacuum effect and notes what would happen to her bullets due to their effects and says where they would hit you should they hit. You can't overwrite her details unless you introduce a new element to the table which you didn't. She shot her gun, bullets moving at T4 Speed, per Speed Chart's word, and your Vacuum would increase their speed, arguably to T5 Speeds. But you are also rushing her at T4 Speeds, so running at the bullets. In your post you try to say the bullets would be sucked into the scabbard of your sword, but the detail concerning where the bullets would hit was already set by the NPC. So you are taking two bullets to the left side of your torso.

As for arguing that she'd even be able to shoot you, distance is your biggest enemy. It's never specified how far away you are when you start charging her. Your skill's range is 20m so it could be said you are up to 20m away. That would easily allow for her to be able to shoot at you while accounting for the speed you are moving at.

When it comes to arguing Lilica reacting, Speed doesn't equal reacting speed or mental thinking Speed. To say she doesn't have the speed to react is a statement that has no foothold with the systems we have in place. Speed doesn't dictate whether you have the ability to react to something or not. Sure it deals with if you can successfully dodge or not, but not react.

Lilica Response wrote:
As for the sword swings that threatened Lilica's life, her Kenbunshoku Haki would certainly pick up on such an assault. That didn't mean she had the aptitude to pull off a complete dodge however. Even with her Haki forewarning her of the impending doom, she'd only be able to manage to strafe to her left side and mitigate the damage as opposed to fully evading it. Her wings also working to propel her along with her legs, the damage she'd sustain would be harsh cuts through the muscle fibers of her right leg. That'd only be if the swordsman continued with his technique however.

Given you use the skill from an unstated distance away *again with the distance*, as said in her post her Haki pings her off telling her to react. You can be up to 20m away when you use this skill and the skill involves movement and strikes which you fully intended to carry out. So from the moment you initiate that skill, her Haki alerted her she was in danger, because that skill involves closing that distance and attacking. It's plausible that she would be able to mitigate the damage you attempted to inflict on her. Using Soru with her wings and jumping to the side, with distance between you too not specified when you initiate the mitigation seems fair.

The NPC didn't mention distance either, so the distance can be seen as 0-20m, but with the actions she does in her post, they can't really be argued against unless a new element was introduced to establish a distance between you to during the instance of any attack attempted.

The only reference to timing of attacks landing that can be used to estimate distance and if she can successfully pull off her mitigation attempt, is her attack where she shoots and says.

Lilica wrote:
Despite the swordsman being multiple meters away her bullets had the potential to meet his head in less than a second should he continue his voyage forward.

Her bullets are moving at T4 Speeds towards u who is moving at 4.5 Speed towards the bullets and she says they'd hit you in less than a second. Lets say less than a second is .75 seconds for the sake of this getting somewhere. So this means that 8.5 Speed would close the distance between you guys in .75 seconds. You moving at 4.5 Speed would close the gap in a little less than 1.5 seconds, too lazy to do the real math. That'd give her lets say 1.15 (i think) seconds to move. Her haki pinging her off upon initiation of ur skill because it includes that assault, i think she'd have the time to jump and soru. Accounting for the vacuum, the mitigation seems valid to me.

This is not a ruling, it is an reply to your claim. Should you not agree with my reply, we'll call in a combat mod and handle this in the Dispute Area. Time allows for such a thing to happen since u guys posted so fast.

View user profile http://op-piratenation.forumotion.com

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Kincaid vs Lilica:

Thanks for the well detailed reply. This all totally makes sense and the only thing I don't agree with is being shot in the side.
Albeit they'd be drawn downwards towards the placement of his sheathe, it'd only make them align with the side of his torso his scabbard was on piercing the corresponding vitals that lay there.

See in this post Lilica (or the mod controlling her, either way you know what I mean), states that the bullets would be drawn downward towards the side of my body where my scabbard/sheathe is. Cyrus doesn't wear a sheathe for his sword. The sheathe to his hidden blade is the actual cane itself, which he holds in his left hand (because it too is a weapon). There is a strap on the back of his jacket that can hold the cane when he isn't fighting or doesn't need it, but he has no "scabbard" that Lilica mentions and it certainly isn't on either of his hips. I understand the principle of vague manipulation but that is blatantly making something up. So if he's shot in the left arm, that's totally understandable because that's where the "sheathe" was and where the bullets would be pulled towards; but the basis that Lilica uses for saying the bullets would be drawn to his left abdomen has no credibility.

You said I didn't introduce a new element to the table but I did. Lilica assumed I had a scabbard on my hip when that's blatantly false. I clarified the situation, which can be traced back to saying Cyrus walked forward, cane in hand in previous posts. Clarifying the situation, ergo saying that what she assumed actually isn't true at all, in my opinion, would overwrite what she says for damage.

His sheathe was also his weapon. It was not worn, but carried in his opposite hand. So when the vacuum of wind pulled the bullets away from his head and towards his sheathe, aka the cane, it did not go towards his abdomen or any real vitals but instead towards the cane in his left hand.

You said I said "you try to argue the bullets would be sucked into the scabbard". Which I didn't and I apologize if it didn't make sense, or it read incorrectly. I was just saying exactly what Lilica was saying would happen, but her assumed placement of the scabbard was incorrect. The bullets course would be altered, causing them to come towards the scabbard (in my left hand not on my hip) which would not cause them to go into my scabbard, not a single one.

Aside from that, I think I now understand the speed system so thank you again for clarifying. I'm happy to edit to say how royally f***ed up my arm is from taking those bullet shots, so let me know.

I don't think we need a combat mod in here, I think everyone wants to get this event finished so let's just finish it. If you still don't agree with what I said then just say I got hit in the abdomen, I'm not terribly attached to this guy.

View user profile
Lilica vs Kincaid:

In my defense google says a scabbard is the sheathe for a sword, but anyways t was an assumption on my behalf that the sheathe was being held near ur left hip to produce a quick draw. That can easily not be the case and definitely in one piece a quick draw can be done from a variety of angles, so you can edit to take i'd say one bullet to the arm. An arm and head could almost have the same width, but realistically the chance of both bullets being pulled to hit ur arm is super low, so we'll say one bullet hits ur arm, forearm, w.e.

View user profile http://op-piratenation.forumotion.com

Kincaid

Pirates
Pirates

Kincaid vs Lilica:

I wasn't sure if him being shot in the arm would stop the attack (I don't see how it would, but if it does then that's fine). I edited saying his arm was punctured, threw in some added flavor text just to emphasize that point in the following paragraph. Just wanted to apologize for the hold up and thanks again for working this out with me. Please continue the event and if anything is wrong with my post feel free to PM me so it doesn't stop the others from posting.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum