One Piece Pirate Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
One Piece Pirate Nation

AU One Piece Roleplay

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» SHOP
Bear With Me (Task) EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:00 pm by Admin

» NPC Template
Bear With Me (Task) EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 1:05 am by Pain

» [Task] Aqua Laguna
Bear With Me (Task) EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 1:08 am by Adri Sakna

» Return to baltigo
Bear With Me (Task) EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 am by Hecate

» Dinner amongst friends [Flashback] [Hecate Only]
Bear With Me (Task) EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 10:06 pm by Isabella

» [Task] Public Service Announcement
Bear With Me (Task) EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:31 pm by Siegfried

» Shadow Vs Hiroko
Bear With Me (Task) EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:03 pm by Jui$y Crow

» Finishing the Job
Bear With Me (Task) EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm by Bojack

» Mission Briefing (Task)
Bear With Me (Task) EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:21 pm by Renji Vinsmoke

Top posting users this week
No user

Statistics
We have 1108 registered users
The newest registered user is Roku

Our users have posted a total of 65940 messages in 8693 subjects
Affiliates
Our Button

Vote For Us

Affiliates

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bear With Me (Task) Empty Bear With Me (Task) Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:59 am

Vayra D. Lev

Marines
Marines

Vayra D. Lev
New day new job. Chariot had already met with a man about her age, apparently an artist of some kind. He was interested in something rather odd, which was a paw print of a bear. For that he had given the Mink some clay, only after figuring out that her paw prints were not good enough, somewhat insultingly, then sent her of into the forest. Visiting the forest had become almost a daily routine by then. Yet she never had taken the time to look for any bear or other animals, obviously she had seen some, but she just was not interested. Against popular believe Mink were not able to understand animal speech, if there even was anything like that.

Either way she had to start looking and luckily all she needed was the paw print of a beast to satisfy the task given to her, so as long as she was smart enough there was no reason to fight or kill any animal. The only problem she had with the task is that it had rained the previous night and most paw prints where most likely washed away. It also made the walk through the mud more unpleasant, Chariot questioned her own attitude towards shoes. Maybe for such occasion the barefoot loving Mink should have gotten some boots. Boots actually did not even look that bad on her, they matched her long legs and they also offered some protection. She tried to think about it and wondered if she had seen any boots fitting her style in the town.

Meanwhile outside of her shoe filled dream world she was pulling her foot out of a deep mud hole, in which she had sunk all the way to the ankle. The rain had turned the forest in a swamp and someone as heavy as the Mink had to treat carefully to not get her delicate back paws sunk into every little hole. It really frustrated her, any half decent bear would be smart to just sleep the whole day instead of getting his fur all dirty in this mess, like the Mink. Again her foot was sticking in the ground and she struggled to pull it out to the point where she lost balance and fell backwards into the next mud hole.

Laying sunk to the shoulders in mud even the usual calm Mink could not help but let out an annoyed groan. Flailing her arms around she somehow freed herself and got back on her feet, but she wanted to clean herself before even thinking about any stupid bears. Travelling even more careful she made her way towards a small pond and dove straight into it.

Higher up the hill on which the forest stood the ground became a bit better, something the woman appreciated after cleaning herself. The area was also home to many caves and other places to hide as a bear, wolf pack or even tiger, so Chariot while facing down intensified her search for said paw prints.

As she suspected she stumbled over a few other prints. First a group of wild dogs, which avoided her as soon as she got in sight. Then a deer. It was actually a rather big deer too. Which to Chariots disappointment also rather avoided her. Even when she just wanted to pet it a bit. One day she would get to pet one of those shy suckers. Next she stumbled upon multiple prints of what could only be a group of wild hogs. She never liked those and therefore did not even bother to follow the prints. Yet there was still no bear print, maybe the bears were really hiding inside their caves, getting a good long nap till the forest was dry.

Chariot took a small break and glanced past the forest's leaf roof to gauge the time, while putting a watch, next to boots, on her shopping list. With all the wild animal prints she had found she felt no urge to remain in the forest for the night, lucky it was still a while till then. While making sure that her Blade was also clean of mud her ears twitched in reaction to a sound not too far away and quickly jumped unto a branch to get a better view of the animal causing the noise.

Loud as if it was the king of the whole place a bear had risen from a small hole in the ground and was now lumbering across the fallen branches and leaves. It really was taking a nap the whole time...

Chariot kept an eye on it's paws. She just needed a print, not the whole bear, all she needed was the stupid animal to go its way to look for some berries, honey or whatever bears actually ate. Unknown to her bears like the one she had spotted were scavengers, which meant they ate already dead animals or other left overs. Either way Chariot did not want to fight if it could be avoided, but the stupid animal did not want to move even an inch. There was no reason to rush it, thought the Mink and just used the time waiting to study the bear. It was big, on two legs maybe even bigger than Chariot and it was fat, fat enough for Chariot to fit into it multiple times if properly ripped apart. It certainly seemed somewhat slow and sluggish, but the reason seemed because it had just woken up and while she was observing it, it again decided to just lay down and do nothing.

It's laziness began to infuriate Chariot, who just wanted it to move away from its own paw print. How things looked she could have waited days and the bear would still just be laying around, sometimes rolling over itself and doing nothing. There was only one choice, which was to make it move!

Quickly she climbed down from the tree on which she had sat down to observe it, picked up a large rock and made her way towards the bear, till she was standing ten meters down hill from it. She knew one thing, bears were bad at running downhill and she had a plan how to get her paw print without having to fight the stupid beast. Winding her arm back she threw the stone with all her might... and missed. The bear had noticed her, but was only looking at her bad excuse for a try to hit it. “You are such a lazy asshole!”, she yelled and picked up multiple rocks, each thrown with the intent to hit the fat bear, till a very big one finally hit it right on the hand and it actually got up. “See that's what you get!” The bear clearly saw it and finally on his feet and did not waist another moment to be lazy, instead he quickly started charging Chariot, who in return began running as fast as she could down hill away from the fat beast.

Soon she reached the mud she had fallen into just about an hour before, leaped over it and turned around to face the bear which was close behind her. She was a bit shocked when she saw it leap as well, she did not think it could do that much, with paws stretched out towards the stone thrower it landed face first straight in the deep mud. It almost made Chariot laugh watching it try to pull itself out as fast as it could, but the puddle of mud was deep enough to make it just sink more. “Hard to be that fat right?” She smiled as she leaped over the hole, barely passing by the bear's stretched out claws. After landing she quickly pulled out the clay and pushed it into one of the bears footprints, looking over her shoulder to make sure that the beast was still struggling to get out. It was, roaring and flailing it's fat paws around. “That's all I need from you, don't worry you won't drown, so stop yelling.” The clay imprint done she paced around the hole and kicked a small bigger branches towards the bear, so he got something to pull himself out with. “See I even help you.”

Having completed her task she left the bear where it was and made her way back to town, hoping that it would actually manage to pull itself out of the dirt. She had enough dead animals and bandits to worry about, she did not need mud soaked teddy to wait for her in the afterlife.  

1441 Words

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum