One Piece Pirate Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
One Piece Pirate Nation

AU One Piece Roleplay

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» SHOP
 Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:00 pm by Admin

» NPC Template
 Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 1:05 am by Pain

» [Task] Aqua Laguna
 Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 1:08 am by Adri Sakna

» Return to baltigo
 Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 am by Hecate

» Dinner amongst friends [Flashback] [Hecate Only]
 Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 10:06 pm by Isabella

» [Task] Public Service Announcement
 Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:31 pm by Siegfried

» Shadow Vs Hiroko
 Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:03 pm by Jui$y Crow

» Finishing the Job
 Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm by Bojack

» Mission Briefing (Task)
 Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:21 pm by Renji Vinsmoke

Top posting users this week
No user

Statistics
We have 1108 registered users
The newest registered user is Roku

Our users have posted a total of 65940 messages in 8693 subjects
Affiliates
Our Button

Vote For Us

Affiliates

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] Empty Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:01 pm

Naga D. Linnea

Pirates
Pirates

Naga D. Linnea

WORDS: 468 | TAG: @Locke | NOTES: 70/70 Haki

The Red Line... An endless continent, a mountain range that goes all the way around the world. In a way, this land fascinated Linnea to no end: For a young woman whose dream was completing a journey around the world, she knew very well that she could also do it by travelling on foot, across the land. But compared to a voyage by sea, across the Grand Line - for a dreaming Pirate - such a jorney felt bland, boring even. No, she wouldn't travel across the Red Line... At least, not until after she completed her Grand Line journey and grew so strong that the Holy Land standing in her path wouldn't be a problem. Adventurous she may be she was far from stupid enough to sacrifice her life for a disappointing travel.

Yet today she had come here for a different reason than to simply marvel at the unsurprisingly gorgeous view. With the wind blowing her hair around and the sun beaming down on her face, Linnea found this to be an excellent place not only for sightseeing, but also for training. She had climbed high enough that most wouldn't even be able to follow her, and even in the off chance that someone came close enough for that, she would spot them long before they arrived, courtesy of her Haki. She could see the birds flying overhead, and the few land animals that made their home in the rocky mountainous slope. She was too high up to feel the fish in the great blue sea, even if she could occasionally see some larger sea creature popping through the surface. Indeed she was far from the ocean... So far that there was no chance of accidentally falling into it and losing her powers and possibly her life. A good part about having Ice Devil fruit powers was she was unlikely to ever perish that way, given how freezing the water was well within her abilities...

Thus, wanted to train her freshly acquired Devil Fruit... It was a wierd feeling to have. Ever since she ate it, she wasn't affected by cold anymore. True, she had always been incredibly tolerant, but never at this level. Right now, she had become the cold. Eating that fruit turned her into a literal Ice human. Indeed she knew there was a much greater potential of devil fruits beyond the meager feats she could accomplish right now, but then that's exactly why she was training. Breathing out a cloud of cold air, her arms became frigid white which gradually spread upwards to her hair and cheeks... She found it interesting how even her clothes became icy as she took a deep breath and calmed herself. The best way to use Ice powers had to be... Staying cool. Right?

Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] O6dtVBF

Training skills: 468 Words

Staying Frosty

"Knowledge is power."
- Naga D. Linnea

credit to nat of adoxography.

Last edited by Naga D. Linnea on Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

2 Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] Empty Re: Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:06 pm

Locke C. Alder

Pirates
Pirates

Locke C. Alder
"This is the Red Line, huh?" said an awestruck Locke who never expected it to feel this peaceful on the other side.

She was wearing a pair of... embarrassing, tight shorts that she had managed to borrow from the captain(with her permission beforehand), and a yellow shirt that she managed to have in the emergency supply bag she was found with...  

The red dry earth somehow managed to support a small town that served as the checkpoint for many pirates, or sailors that managed to come through.
Even though the red soil did not support more than a thousand people, most that live here were happy with their lives, and content with the livings they had.

Locke herself, had just left the boat, due to an embarrassing fact... The ship had no tools or supplies for a blacksmith to use! "I hate to ask for money from the captain this early, but I cant do my job without the right tools..." she thought as she went out, searching to see if there was anyone who had seen the captain.

She searched all the spots where she would think a captain would go.... The bars and taverns had many pirates, but not the woman Locke was looking for.

The stores and markets were bright and colorful, they held trinkets and some "rarer things that the owners tried to hawk off on those who passed through, their wears included things from "far off islands" to selling fish for the others suppers.

Luckily for her, there were a few people that pointed her to the path the blond captain went down, while warning Locke that the woman she was looking for had a dangerous look to her eyes, or that she carried herself like she had a mission to attend to...

As Locke walked up the path, having to be careful at some places where the path got narrow, she couldn't help but wonder "I hope she isn't busy with anything..." Yet Locke couldn't help but think that she knew the exact place where Linnea was... Plus the fact that the world seemed more alive to her made her worry, "Why am I so restless?..."

As she reached the end, she saw the captain with half her body made of ice, yet the ice wasn't melting and she was see through-able, like she was turned to pure ice!

"What is going on?!"asked a scared and slightly curious Locke as she ran towards her captain, slightly off guard by the cold air that surrounded the place the captain was standing at... Small bits of ice were spreading quickly from Linnea's feet, causing the small amount of grass and shrubbery that was around to frost over...

Unknowingly used D-rank Kenbunshoku (5 Haki stamina)

Word count----436-----
Training skills: 436 Words

Last edited by Kai Togami on Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

3 Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] Empty Re: Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:16 pm

Naga D. Linnea

Pirates
Pirates

Naga D. Linnea

WORDS: 507 | TAG: @Locke | NOTES: 50/70 Haki

She had eaten a Logia fruit: These were said to have the same power regarless of whoever ate them, the only difference between users being how much training they did or didn't do when it came to controlling their element. Just like Zoans were said to depend on the user's own body, or Paramecias said to rely on their creativity. The raw power of her fruit removed most of those variables from the equation, but even knowing this, the Master Archer intended to use her new power to its full potential, and to do that she had to get used to it, as fast as she could... But as she fiddled around with the ice, Linnea could pick up on Locke walking her way up the mountain - at least from the moment she reached high enough to walk inside of Linnea's Kenbu Haki range, but what truly surprised her was how from a certain point onwards, she managed to walk exactly towards where the Archer was staying. It really struck her as odd since she hadn't told any of her crewmates exactly where she was headed, only that she'd be "around". It could have been a simple coincidence but it was still worth taking note.

"Hello Locke", greeted Linnea, smiling and turning around to look at her crew's new Blacksmith. How the girl had found her was beyond her, and thus she wasted no time asking her directly, cocking her head slightly with a curious, wondering gaze, "How did you find me here?"

As she looked at the girl - awaiting what answer she might have - the Uroboros captain was far from idle: Her arms were now covered in a thicher layer of ice that only seemed to grow, and she brought her hands together in an attempt to freely manipulate it. Linnea found she could produce near limitless amounts of ice if she so desired, but in her mind, using her fruit powers simply for that was akin to shooting her bow in a spray and pray strategy. Any power, even a near limitless one (especially a near limitless one) should be used efficiently to maximize its potential. Moving her hands around, she settled on keeping her clenched right fist next to her open left palm, slowly pulling them apart until she formed a thin ice spike in her hands, which she promptly threw at a nearby rock; hitting a crack with deadly accuracy. This was one way of going about it... Turning back to Locke, she explained what the girl was probably wondering about, raising one frozen hand at her eye level:

"This... I ate the Hie Hie no mi a few days ago and became an Ice Woman. I still can't use its power very well, so I'm training it.", she explained with a sweet, humbled smile. Clearly having come into posession of such tremendous power hadn't gone to her head, at least not yet...

Training skills: 975 Words

Staying Frosty

"Knowledge is power."
- Naga D. Linnea

Last edited by Naga D. Linnea on Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

4 Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] Empty Re: Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:06 pm

Locke C. Alder

Pirates
Pirates

Locke C. Alder
It truly was unusual, being able to tell where Linnea was... It's almost like she had a 6th sense, but that was impossible. Then again, so was the captain's body at the moment, as the ice had literally replaced her top half with it...

When the captain asked Locke, "How did you find me here?" the only thing she could say was "I.. I don't know... It felt like I knew exactly where you were." And it was the truth, she was feeling things, almost like she knew where every living thing was in a certain radius.  She could feel the ants in the ground about 3 feet under her, she could feel the birds in the air, she could even feel Linnea, like she was a beacon of energy that spoke volumes... how does that happen?

Through just the energy around Linnea, Locke could somehow tell that she was alright, and the captain confirms that by moving her arms, and sending  bolt of ice towards a cracked rock that broke in two when it struck it.. Locke could see the mouth of her captain, who was just like a ice sculpture, twist up into a smile as she answers the question she had asked out of concern "This... I hate the Hie Hie no mi a few days ago and became an Ice Woman. I still can't use its power very well, so I'm training it."
"Ohhhh, one of those Devil Fruits, right?  I'd heard of them before... In fact, I think Foosha village had one stored away for emergency's." Thought Locke out loud, relieved by her captain being okay, and not being hit by the bolt of ice.

"How did you know I was coming up here?" asked a curious Locke, the signs of her curiosity started to show, with her eyes sparkling and her seeming to be on edge. The ability of knowing the existence of the local wildlife around her was starting to make her really nervous, and the more she thought about it, the more it seamed to grow....

"Why can I tell that there are thousands of ants under us?"Asked a fearful Locke, and the question was very familiar to Linnea, like she knew what it was...

402 Words

Training points 839

Last edited by Kai Togami on Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total

5 Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] Empty Re: Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:17 am

Naga D. Linnea

Pirates
Pirates

Naga D. Linnea

WORDS: ??? | TAG: @Locke | NOTES: 50/70 Haki

The way she described it... Linnea crossed her arms under her breasts, doing little to hide her bewilderment at Locke's words. This was eerily similar to the feeling others described when using Kenbunshoku Haki, the same feeling she got when she first awakened hers, "It's like you can feel the aura of every living thing around you, correct...?", she inquired, raising a quizzical eyebrow. It might more of less feel like she was reading the girl's mind, and if she saw it as such it would confirm they were talking about the same thing. Regardless, Linnea would completely her explanation:

"That sounds like Observation Haki. It's a skill practiced among my tribe, the Kuja of Amazon Lily... I've heard of people outside the tribe posessing that skill, but It's the first time I've met someone from the Blues to be born with such an ability.", explained Linnea, "That's how I knew you were coming up and this mountain, and I'd wager that's how you found me too. I can teach you how to control it, if you'd like."

The girl mentioned being familiar with devil fruit powers, sparing Linnea the trouble of explaining what they were, especially since she didn't seem to posess one... It would be a lot more useful to teach her about Haki especially now that they were heading into the Grand Line and they might come across powerful enemies such as Logia users. If Locke agreed to some basic Observation Haki training, Linnea would grab a blindfold from her pouch and present it to her, "Put this on..."

After this, Linnea would take her combat stance and explain to exercise, "Focus on that aura you used to find me... Pay attention to it, shut out everything else. I want you to dodge my attacks: If you do it right, you should not only see them, but feel them before I even start moving."

She took care to deactivate her Logia body, not wishing to freeze her crewmate by accident with her lack of control, letting Locke grab her bearings before suddenly throwing a straight punch at her. If the girl did it right, Linnea's own speed and sudden movements shouldn't matter... She would throw a few more punches, gradually increasing speed and letting Locke get used to her Kenbunshoku sensing.

Staying Frosty

"Knowledge is power."
- Naga D. Linnea

6 Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] Empty Re: Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:27 am

Locke C. Alder

Pirates
Pirates

Locke C. Alder
As Locke waited for her answer, her skin started to crawl like thousands of ants had found their way in as she couldn't help but feel like the world was watching her... And it didn't help that things had moved so fast these last few days, what with her being saved from a future of slavery, and then leaving the calmer Blues and crossing the red line two days after joining the Uroboros Pirates...

"It's like you can feel the aura of every living thing around you, correct...?" asked Linnea, as she clearly had some knowledge with that topic. "Yes... If the aura your talking about is like a beacon of energy..." Locke says quietly, still terrified of all the information she was getting from her unknown skill "But how would you know?" She asks, slightly afraid that her captain had hypnosis or psychic powers...

Until Linnea explained to Locke about her having the same powers, called Observation Haki, and that all the Kuja's including Linnea have some reference with the ability... "It must be the only way I found you.... That was the worst mountain path I've ever walked on! and it was so confusing... Before I could sense you."

Linnea's next request caught the greenette of guard, she wanted to teach Locke how to use this... Haki.
Locke herself couldn't answer for a few seconds, worrying what might happen if she didn't, or did learn how to use it... "What would happen if I didn't choose to learn how to use this Haki?" she asks, but the answer Linnea would tell her, wouldn't change her mind, maybe the Haki would make her more useful to the crew, and Linnea in particular(since she is still under a life debt to the captain.)

"I'll do it!" says Locke before being handed the blindfold... What was she supposed to do with this?

"Feel your attacks before they happen? I doubt it." Locke says while putting on the blindfold... "How stupid I must look." Thinks Locke before noticing as she was already being hit with Linnea's fist, right across the jaw.*Smack!!!*

Locke was thrown off her feet from that impact, as she could taste the blood that came slowly from a place from the inside of her mouth that got cut by her own teeth. "Ouch, that smarts.." she thinks as she stands up again, only this time tries to sense Linnea's aura, and predict where she would strike... Locke somehow managed to dodge the next attacks from Linnea, as they got faster, before tripping and falling over a large rock... "Of all the times to be clumsy..."

7 Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] Empty Re: Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:17 am

Naga D. Linnea

Pirates
Pirates

Naga D. Linnea

WORDS: ??? | TAG: @Locke | NOTES: 50/70 Haki

"Nothing...", Linnea shrugged, "But you'd be unable to shut off these aura inputs altogether. If you can feel your Kenbunshoku Haki, might as well do it right."

She smiled proudly as the girl agreed to the training session. The first strike connected, but Linnea wasn't really putting her full force into these attacks, not yet. She would soon though, as Locke grew more and more used to dodging them. Soon enough the girl was flawlessly avoid each and every punch that whizzed by her, which went on for a good long while until an ill timed dodge made her trip on a rock and fall down on her butt. Linnea giggled softly and grabbed her hand, pulling her back to her feet and giving her one final lesson:

"Don't sweat it, you're only starting to learn... That's the weakness of Observation Haki by the way: You can only sense living creatures.", she explained calmly, pulling off Locke's blindfold, "Now see if you can do the same with your eyes open. Try to focus only on my aura..."

The lesson would continue for a little longer, but Linnea would eventually put an end to it and head back to her ship with Locke. This concluded the first Kenbunshoku Haki training, "Next time, i'll teach you about Busoshoku Haki, or Color of Armament..."

Observation was only the tip of the iceberg after all...

[EXIT]

Staying Frosty

"Knowledge is power."
- Naga D. Linnea

8 Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] Empty Re: Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:35 pm

Locke C. Alder

Pirates
Pirates

Locke C. Alder
"Nothing I could do to stop it unless I train..." thought Locke, before agreeing to the training.

"You can only sense living creatures." Linnea had said, finishing this part of her lesson as Locke takes her hand to get up...

After Locke is told "Try to focus only on my aura..." then blindfold came off, and a few more punches came her way. This time, Locke has a little more trouble, since her eye sight had been uncovered...

But she managed to dodge the punches, even when Linnea seemed to move faster than a normal person would. Her aura was so familiar to Locke... but it must be the kinship she feels towards the captain.

They then finish, with Locke happy, and actually able to somewhat control her new Haki ability...
Linnea promised Locke to teach her how to use another bit of Haki. "Color of Armament huh?" thought Locke as they arrived back at the ship... "Shoot, I was going to ask her for a little bit of money. But it's too late now." she suddenly remembers her original goal, but it truly was too late as the sun was starting to set over the Grand Line...

[Exit]

9 Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] Empty Re: Chilly Mountain Air [Training/Locke] Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:28 pm

Asher Kringle

Marines
Marines

Asher Kringle
Thumb up or whatever.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum