One Piece Pirate Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
One Piece Pirate Nation

AU One Piece Roleplay

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» SHOP
Circle of Iron EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:00 pm by Admin

» NPC Template
Circle of Iron EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 1:05 am by Pain

» [Task] Aqua Laguna
Circle of Iron EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 1:08 am by Adri Sakna

» Return to baltigo
Circle of Iron EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 am by Hecate

» Dinner amongst friends [Flashback] [Hecate Only]
Circle of Iron EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 10:06 pm by Isabella

» [Task] Public Service Announcement
Circle of Iron EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:31 pm by Siegfried

» Shadow Vs Hiroko
Circle of Iron EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:03 pm by Jui$y Crow

» Finishing the Job
Circle of Iron EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm by Bojack

» Mission Briefing (Task)
Circle of Iron EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:21 pm by Renji Vinsmoke

Top posting users this week
No user

Statistics
We have 1108 registered users
The newest registered user is Roku

Our users have posted a total of 65940 messages in 8693 subjects
Affiliates
Our Button

Vote For Us

Affiliates

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Circle of Iron Empty Circle of Iron Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:32 pm

Kaldur'ahm

Revolutionaries
Revolutionaries

Kaldur'ahm
It had been quite the journey, but Kaldur had finally made his way to what would have initially seemed to be a remote island to those that weren't acquainted to South Blue - but to those in the know, this place was known as Karate Island. Kaldur had heard numerous sources within the Revolutionary army recommend this island as one that was an absolute must to train on if one was attempting to excel in Martial Arts. Despite the fact it had come so recommended, Kaldur wasn't exactly sure where in South Blue this island was located. Because of this, he'd hired out a merchant ship to lead him to the island while he followed. Initially, the crew didn't seem too enthralled with the idea of being under the employ of a  Fishman, but a few beli notes soon changed their tune.

Almost as instantly as the boat had made it ashore after him, the Captain walked up to Kaldur with what appeared to be annoyance.

"I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for here, but you'd better be careful. These villagers won't hesitate to fuck you up if you give them a reason to."

Jackson was taken aback by the Captain's choice of words, but there was also a hint of fear that could be heard in his tone of voice. It was obvious there was a story behind his feelings, but Jackson decided not to pry too much as it wasn't any of his business. With a simple nod, Jackson acknowledged the man's sentiments.

"I understand. Thanks again for your help."

The old captain then patted Jackson's shoulder before walking off towards his ship while waving his hand towards his crew.

"Alright! We're outta' here!"

While the Captain handled his business with his crew, Jackson had already begun walking away from the docks.

It was such a beautiful day; the bright light of the sun illuminated the sky while thick clouds floated leisurely by just above the skyline. Tall, majestic trees occupied the area of the forest behind the village that was situated on Karate Island, while a few citizens could be seen up ahead attacking training dummies and demolishing them quite effortlessly. All of these things combined with one another perfectly personified the general mood that most attributed to those that made their lives on this island; peaceful and serene - but also dangerous.

Just watching these sights from his position out at sea while swimming in was enough to remind him of home. Homesickness had always been something that Jackson attempted to avoid while stationed outside of Grandline. The mission of the Revolutionaries had slowly become something very important to him - despite the fact he'd only been taken into the organization because of his father's want to join. Over time he began to respect the work of the Revolution, and began to see their goals and aspirations as something he wanted to help them all achieve. To do that though, he needed to make sure that there was nothing holding him back within the present. Longing for things from the past seemed to always be the killer of ambition and almost always caused people to become stagnated. In order to shield himself from such things, Jackson always imagined how his home would be after the cause of the Revolution had finally been accomplished. Things there would be changed for the better.

While thinking about all of this, Jackson had been walking through the village. His intention at the moment was to find a dojo in which he could train, hone his skills, and hopefully find a master that could teach him a few things. He hadn't really expected that any of the humans here would be proficient in Fishman Karate or Jujutsu, but there were more to Martial Arts than these two. Just looking at the skills that simple villagers held gave Jackson more than enough hope that he'd find a few masters on this island that would be capable of teaching him an immense amount.

Soon enough, Jackson finally settled on a dojo and quickly made his way inside. He was greeted by two old men - one of which appeared to simply be the one in charge of maintaining the upkeep of the dojo, while the other appeared to be the Master of the dojo. There was silence for a few moments, as Jackson wasn't sure of exactly what to say or how to greet the two men, but immediately after introducing himself to the two  things appeared to take a turn for the worse.

With no warning, the old man dashed forward and began to strike out at Jackson. Jackson attempted to dodge the blows as best as he could, but it was obvious with the speed that this old man was able to employ that dodging was simply out of the question. There was a mere moment in which Jackson thought about using a simple parry, but something about the appearance of the chop caused Jackson to realize that a mere parry wouldn't be enough to stop this attack. With a quick breath, Jackson stepped forward and then made use of his Samehada Shotei technique, impacting the wrist of the old man with his right palm and pushing it slightly to the left - leaving Jackson out range of the strike.

Within an instant of this Jackson was able to see how much of a right call he'd made in using Samehada Shotei to block this attack compared to a simple parry. His eyes quickly darted to the floor - the victim of this old man's attack, and he was able to see the very deep gouge that the attack had been able to dig out of the floor. Had this chop managed to slam into Jackson's shoulder, it was likely he'd have been dead. The gravity of this conclusion was something that hit Jackson like a ton of bricks; and it was then that he recalled exactly what the Captain had said. Had he disrespected this old man in some way? What had he done to warrant such a reaction? Jackson could feel his breathing getting heavier in reaction to the amount of stamina he had to exert simply to evade the old man's attack as well as the fear that was beginning to creep up on him as a result.

Yet, no matter how much fear that Jackson had regarding this near fatal encounter he wasn't exactly going to allow this man to kill him. He'd die fighting long before he simply gave into fear. It must have been this shift in Jackson's demeanor that caused the old man to chuckle ever so slightly before going back into a more relaxed position.

"Very impressive. Very impressive, indeed."

As Jackson heard these words he found himself confused. He hadn't yet put it together that the old man's attack had simply been a test. In Jackson's mind this man simply had a habit of complimenting those that he was in the process of gearing up to kill.

"Calm yourself, son. You did well to block that attack. I've seen enough."

With that, the old man placed his hands behind himself and bowed in Jackson's direction. Deciding that he'd rather not anger the old man he reciprocated the action.

"It's not often that we see many of your kin on this island. From your abilities, it's obvious that you're a practitioner of what they like to call "Fishman Karate", correct?"

"Yes, very much so."

"So, what are you doing here?"

"I apologize if I've intruded, I meant no disrespect. My intention was merely to find an instructor on this island to tutor me furt-"

"You're way too formal, my boy. If you want to train here you're more than welcome to. Seeing if you were capable enough to either block or evade that chop earlier is all I needed."

With a smile, the grizzled old man gave Jackson a pat on the shoulder before letting out a quick "oh!" as if he'd just remembered something.

"My name is Master Seifu. My students are allowed to simply call me Seifu - thus, you are too."

Master Seifu then turned his attention to the other man standing in the room with the two.

"Mr.Lee, would you be kind enough to give this young man a tour of the grounds?"

Skills Used:

Words: 1429

2Circle of Iron Empty Re: Circle of Iron Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:29 pm

Kaldur'ahm

Revolutionaries
Revolutionaries

Kaldur'ahm
The old man that Kaldur had now been introduced as "Mr. Lee" nodded before bowing slightly in Master Seifu's direction, before turning to face Jackson.

"If you'd please follow me, I'll show you around the grounds."

With no further ado, Mr. Lee began to walk towards one of the wooden doors of the dojo that lead outside. Not wanting to fall behind, Jackson quickly followed behind the old man while Master Seifu seemed to retreat towards a back room. Jackson found himself wondering where exactly Master Seifu was headed, but this thought was soon interrupted by the sound of Mr. Lee clearing his throat in an annoyed manner as he waited for Jackson to catch up.

Soon enough, the pair made their way towards what appeared to be an outside training area. There were a large amount of students occupying this space; each of them diligently training with one another, practicing their skills on practice dummies, or simply participating in a few exercises to increase their physical capabilities.

"These students are among those that weren't able to deal with Master Seifu. Contrary to what you might have believed, he doesn't turn away those that want to learn the art of self defense simply because they weren't able to defend themselves. His attack merely gives him a gauge when it comes to the skill level of his future pupil. If they're able to deal with one of his most basic strikes, then it means they're at an intermediate level. If they aren't able to deal with the strike, it means they're beginners that need to build themselves up from scratch."

After saying all of this, the old man waved a hand in front of himself, inviting Jackson to walk forward as they continued on their tour. Heeding the gesture, Jackson nodded and followed the old man further into the dojo.

Words: 1748

3Circle of Iron Empty Re: Circle of Iron Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:04 pm

Raza

Revolutionary Captain
Revolutionary Captain

Raza

Circle of Iron

location, karate island
soundtrack, don't let me be misunderstood
app, the sunshine kid
word count, 1104

The fog of sleep never quite lifted from Reinaka's mind that morning; a fact she attributed to the frequent interruptions over the course of the night. Throughout the last few weeks she had grown accustomed to sleepless nights riddled with nightmares, and while they had lessened with the passage of time she had come to realize that they would never vanish, only change. Where they had once featured past events they now showcased the range of futures she had been too afraid to step into. What if, she had discovered, was far more painful than what was. By five in the morning she finally surrendered herself to remaining awake for the rest of the day.

Each day was a step of varying distance. Despite thick chains of past that still bound her, Rei-Rei forced herself to continue forward, to continue searching, to continue being who she'd always been. It was all she could do. She had stayed in bed for as long as possible before deciding that she needed to confront the day. She had an important day of training before her and was thankful for the early start either way.

She was standing at the edge of a precipice. Behind her stretched the life that she had always known, a life of prosperity and easy goings. She could see herself as a small girl, her movements and, what’s worse her actions, weighted with an such intention and forced discipline far beyond her years, stretched, practiced consistently under the watchful gaze of her instructor, of her father. To tear away from it all and be her own person had come at a cost, but she had never truly questioned it. This was her life; it was who she was now. As she looked back into what had been, she knew that nothing else could possibly ever exist for her.

She checked her posture, scanning the otherwise empty dojo of the martial arts house that had housed her for the past new days, as if there was someone there to witness her façade fading during the few seconds of thought, and swiftly revisited the last stance shed been practicing: the praying mantis pose of the Chi Blockers. The performance was to begin soon. It was like pressing play on a song that had been paused. Her body slipped so naturally into its previous patterns that it was as if she had never stopped dancing to begin with. She rose up in a carefully executed movement, the dash of her arm striking out and suddenly halting in front of her for a fanciful, quick spin on her toes. It was a struggle to blend the styles, the rigid, formal poses of the Chi Blockers with the fluid, dance-like moves of Chi-Fu, the new generation of breakdancing and chi blocking. She somersaulted and fell onto her palms, holding the handstand for a few seconds before spinning her legs into a windmilling cycle before popping up and backflipping across the matt and landing in a full Russian split. It almost felt as though she was more so a gymnast than a fighter, but she had to keep at it.

A Chi-Fu fighter was fast where a Blocker was firm, she was nimble where a Block was rooted, she flew where a Blocker embraced. One was not better than the other, just different. And she would unite them if it meant she had to train for years and years. Beads of sweet dripped down her forehead but she could not stop, she jump up, the wooden dummy on the side of the room now clearly her target. She ran at it and struck: chest, arm, arm, chest, thigh, neck, temple, chest, and then finally a windmill kick that seemed to slice through the dummy and continued surging through the air until it crashed into the wall, bursting at the wooden tile.

Her hidden blades and her chi was getting stronger and stronger, before long, she would will have mastered this level of the power of destruction that came with her hidden blade style. But before she could return to her training or even evaluate the damage she had done to the dojo, she heard wood bend and turned to see the master of the dojo and... someone else. She was instantly embarassed. She made quick steps of the distance between then, refraining from leaving the mat but close enough to bow and her and acknowledge his presence.

"Mr. Lee. I... please forgive me. I... did mean to..."

The aged man held a palm up to her and silenced her apologies. He held the smile that seemed to be permanently attached below his long, crooked nose. The white hairs of his face stretched in every direction but his eyes were so focused, so closed in that he seemed a beast ready to strike at any moment.

"It is alright, Reinaka-chan... I will... have it repaired. It has been a while since I'd seen anyone use these premises for bladed sparring. I admit I had forgotten just what that meant."

"Please... allow to at least pay--"

"Nonsense. When you arrived three days ago, I permitted you use of all these grounds. I will honour the Master's word. Mind not any damages that may come from your training. I consider it an honour to host such warriors... Ah... speaking of... This is the lovely angel from Skypiea, Reinaka. And this is... well, I do believe I haven't the slightest idea of your name, my boy... either way, he is a terrific warrior and will be attending until he decides it is time to move on. Much like yourself, Reinaka-chan."

The man smiled as though he was happy to make the introduction, though it was clear he'd done a terrible job at it. Reinaka eyed the man, he was large and had a chisled, handsome look to his features, the tint of his skin only a few shades darker than her own and the most pure colour hue of blue she'd ever seen in a pair of eyes. He was... startling, to say the least. Flustered suddenly by her staring, she folded her arms and forced her expression into one of mild irritation. Such emotions always helped to throw away unwanted ones.

"I suppose people where you're from make it a habit of burdening nice old men without even the decency of giving a name in return...Hmph." She turned her eyes back on Mr. Lee, "You two really are too kind to some people, Mr. Lee."

The man seemed incredibly flustered himself, raising his hands slightly in defense, tears seemingly appearing out of nowhere...

"Ohh, now, we are't that old, Reinaka-channnn."

Techniques Used:

max (recursivemax420) of CYBERINK.ME, caution 2.0, and creating chaos.

4Circle of Iron Empty Re: Circle of Iron Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:03 am

Kaldur'ahm

Revolutionaries
Revolutionaries

Kaldur'ahm
The walk into the next area of the dojo had taken longer than Jackson had expected it would. The size of this estate was massive, and it only made Jackson wonder just how successful Master Seifu was as a teacher. It was quite obvious the answer had to be "superb" given the amount of students he held under his tutelage, as well as the grounds he was able to keep as a result of it. It was only then that Jackson mentally face-palmed when he realized he'd forgotten an important detail when it came to training within this dojo - the cost. Suffice it to say, Jackson wasn't exactly "rolling in dough" and his pockets were a bit light as a result of needing to hire a crew to lead him to this island. Master Seifu and Mr.Lee hadn't brought up the topic of payment at all, and Jackson hoped that this meant he'd been formally invited to train with them without need of payment. The selfishness of this thought was something that caused Jackson to frown unbeknownst to himself. No, he simply couldn't leave these people who'd so graciously allowed him to train amongst them to be left empty handed.

"Master Seifu was right about you. You're far too formal, young man. I suppose that's a credit to your parents though."

As if Mr. Lee could see what was troubling Jackson without even words needing to be said, the old man placed his hand on Jackson's shoulder before speaking any further.

"The students that you see here don't pay to learn the art of self defense. Master Seifu trains them simply because he feels the ability to defend oneself and those they hold dear is a right that everyone should possess. This estate and everything in it wasn't created or formed through charging our students, but rather, through donations that these men, women, and children have given so graciously to Master Seifu's cause. Perhaps one day when you are able you can do the same."

With a smile, the aged man gave his shoulder yet another pat before waving his hand once more before the pair continued their walk further into the dojo.

Soon enough, the pair walked in one what appeared to be yet another student making use of the grounds; however, this student was obviously different from those Jackson had seen training outside earlier. The fluidity and expertise of every action she took whilst going through her katas would have made it obvious to all spectating that she was no amateur by any means. Jackson had never seen a martial art that could truly be described with the word "beautiful", but when watching these movements the appearance of this martial art seemed more akin to a dance than any other he'd ever seen. Despite the fact that the art form was so appealing to the eye it was also obvious that this form of hand to hand combat wasn't something that could be underestimated. There was danger in each and every strike that this woman belted out - something that was also shown as her windmill kick was able to effortlessly slice through a dummy as if it were a hot knife through butter. A force form the kick seemed to travel through the air before also impacting the wooden wall behind the dummy itself; gouging out a large indent into the wood's surface.

Upon the damage being caused, Mr. Lee stepped forward a bit before causing the wood of the floor to creak under the pressure of his foot. It seemed that this action had been on purpose as a way to alert the woman of their presence. The woman broke out of her trance-like state of training and immediately began to take a few quick steps towards Mr. Lee before bowing in his direction. It was obvious she regretted the damage she'd accidentally put through dojo through as a result of her training. Despite the damage, Mr. Lee didn't appear to mind what had happened at all - something that caused Jackson to smile lightly. Mr. Lee then began to introduce the two, informing Jackson that this woman held the name Reinaka and hailed from the island in the sky known as Skypiea. That last bit of information was something that Jackson had been able to do on his own as he noticed the pair of wings on her back as she'd gone through her motions of her training earlier.

Mr. lee then attempted to introduce Jackson to Reinaka, but to no avail. It seemed that Mr. Lee had forgotten that Jackson had introduced himself earlier to both he and Master Seifu. This caused Reinaka to react negatively, as it appeared that the Fishman hadn't been a gracious guest of the dojo. This was something that troubled the young man greatly, as Jackson wasn't sure if he'd made a large enough impression on the man for him to remember his name or maybe this had something to do with Mr. Lee being a bit aged, but nevertheless Jackson felt no qualms with introducing himself once more. With a light smile on his lips that attempted to curve the awkwardness of the introduction and any negative assumptions the woman might have made as a result; Jackson moved forward and extended his right hand in Reinaka's direction. With his hand out and prepped to shake her own, the young man began to introduce himself.

"I apologize for my rudeness. I'm known as Kaldur'ahm, but please, call me Kaldur for short. It's a pleasure to meet you, Reinaka."

With the introductions out of the way, Mr. Lee seemed to also have something he wanted to say as well.

"Will the both of you please follow me? Master Seifu would like to introduce you to the other intermediate students we have on the grounds. It seems he has some training planned for all of you."

Words: 2761

5Circle of Iron Empty Re: Circle of Iron Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:28 pm

Raza

Revolutionary Captain
Revolutionary Captain

Raza

Circle of Iron

location, karate island
soundtrack, don't let me be misunderstood
app, the sunshine kid
total word count, 2251

While any sane person ought to have expected some form or retort in reproach of her rather rude and unkind disposition and judgement concerning Kaldur's manners, Reinaka was caught completely off-guard when a blond boy that seemed to radiate cheer greeted her with a smile and a handshake. She'd always been taught to be tough, and guard ones self against attack, both physical and verbal, but the act of being caught so completely by the man's lack of animosity left her feeling more than a little embarrassed. Flustered, her plans for a nonchalant greeting and then a return to training quickly flew by the wayside in favor of something more...crowded.

She looked from Mr. Lee, who'd just asked them both to follow him, back to the tall, dark and handsome stranger still holding out his hand, Reinaka blinked twice before her reply. "...uh..yeah, sure i...guess." The response could have been for either of them, she didn't really know but she hesitantly forced her own arm outward and grabbed on to his. They seemed to eclipse her own and what's more... they... felt different. She shrugged the thought aside however as the whole of his body now became available to her. The human anatomy was made of up two-hundred and six bones, twelve organ systems, five of which were considered vital, and 372 pressure points that could cause anything from immobility to pain. Combine that with one-hundred and fourteen chakra centers, seven of which are deemed focal and 72,000 energy channels, and the human body becomes a cookie-cut model, identical, more or less, to each and every other person.

And then, there were others... Those both genetically and anatomically different from what is considered 'human' by the masses. While some daft country bumkins considered sky people other, it was far from the truth. She had the same make up, more or less, as any one else. But... he didn't. He didn't have those same 206 bones, twelve organ systems, 372 chakras or 72,000 channels through which that chi traveled. He was uniquely different than that. And while the premise was the same, essentially, he was not in any way cookie-cutter. She searched the vibrations of his chi, looking for answers, hoping to figure out why he felt so different and yet.. so familiar. Few bones... more organs.. less chakras... he reminded Reinaka of a hand she'd felt before...

The Fishman Tai Rackem

Brilliant, Reinaka, he's sure to think, at this point, that you're some kind of completely daft insane person. Let go of his...

A moment passed without speech, and it was enough time for Reinaka to gather a few handfuls of wit, enough to actually introduce herself. "S-sorry," she stammered, feeling her cheeks flush with discomfort, "Pleased to meet you, um..." she thought for a minute. This world found new ways to surprise her every hour or two, and their variety and scope made trying to adapt like trying to paddle a boat upriver with a twig.

"Sure, lead the way, sofu," she said with more politeness than was necessary. To which Mr. Lee flooded with tears again, fanning her words away as they walked.

"Oh, please, Reinaka-chan. I'm not so old as to be called grandpaaaaa. Don't be so unkinddddd..."

His comments were ignored though. She wrapped a finger in a curl that escaped her bundle of powder white kinks. Her hair was growing out, but if she pressed it out it would still hang along her back and would likely still be a disheveled mess at best, a bird's nest at worst. No, Reinaka had decided to go natural months ago and was rather liking her new look. Her clothes, while practical and supremely comfortable, were like nothing worn by anyone here would have seen in the past year, all dressed in uniform of course. It was enough to make her feel like she was the one at fault as a result, no matter how much she liked her well-worn flowery patterns and plaid colourful garments. And her hands... the more Reinak spent time off that damned boat, the more she noticed their hands- clean and proper with colorful nails. Her hands, while not oversized or mannish, generally bore a network of scratches and scars and worn-down nails that indicated weeks of hard work, thick and taut with calluses upon calluses and marked with the scars of accidents suffered amidst hard labor.

In this moment of self-reflection, though, she still had a full plethora of sensory alerts from the man beside her. Who was he? He was a martial artist, for sure. His chakra was fluid and mercury-like, so similar to Tai's that it was uncanny. Did he study the same hand-to-hand style that Tai did? But he was... human. How could he do what Tai, a Fishman, did? Their skills were so unmatched.

Before she noticed they'd stopped.

"I want you both to spar with a couple of our academy's finest. They very much enjoy the chance to bout with artists other than the ones who reside her. Would you both be so kind?"

She couldn't very well say no, could she? They'd offered her so much here: a place to sleep, guidance, food, kindness - it was more than she could repay. With all of the confidence of a skittish deer Reinaka stepped from the grass and on to a matted area and was surprised to find a very tall boy, who apparently was the first challenge, already waiting for her. Unsure of what to do, she mimicked his bow to her, watched his arms pull up into a fisted position and let her own flop back to her sides. While she had no intention of backing down, she was not the brawler that he apparently was. With a look of worry that she'd given up, Mr. Lee nodded to the boy to continue and he ran forward. His blows were too... crisp. Too prim. Like they'd never seen a day in the field since being sewn. It was more than a little awkward.

She matched his pace with exactitude, pulling from a right punch, flowing and around a left jab, back stepping his low kicks and spinning around his attempts at a grapple. He was so stern, so unyielding even to himself that he seemed so much like a tree rooted in the middle of the mat. All the tree needed was a little....

Her hand shot out and at the his chest. Pressed in slightly and retracted.

... prick.

The boy slowed and then froze, unsure of what was happening, but afraid of what he was suddenly feeling. His arms dropped to his side, though Reinaka knew that only one side of him was truly paralyzed. He dropped to his knees, then fell to his back and started screaming...

Techniques Used:

max (recursivemax420) of CYBERINK.ME, caution 2.0, and creating chaos.

Last edited by Raza on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

6Circle of Iron Empty Re: Circle of Iron Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:10 am

Kaldur'ahm

Revolutionaries
Revolutionaries

Kaldur'ahm
There was a moment in which Jackson began to wonder if he'd been entirely too direct with the silvery haired woman that now stood in front of him when he offered his hand to her. A few thoughts raced through his mind, and each of them consisted of him mentally kicking himself for thinking he'd made use of the wrong greeting. In learning how to deal with humans, Jackson found himself studying much of the culture and customs of humans. One greeting that humans seemed particularly fond of was the "hand shake", an action that consisted of taking the other's hand in your own and moving them in and up and down motion. He wondered if in his haste to assume that all humans found this method of greeting acceptable, had he run into a human that didn't exactly take too well with this gesture. Things weren't exactly going too well for Jackson today, as he'd already been accused of rudeness and now it seemed he was offending the woman he'd attempted to dissuade from her initial assumption of him.

However, before Jackson could apologize for his ignorance, the woman extended her hand out and grabbed a hold of his. It was during this instance that Jackson noticed a change in the woman in front of him. Her mannerisms began to shift towards someone who would have been deep in thought - and the fact that at this moment in time she seemed to halt her speaking entirely appeared to add to this.

A few more moments passed, and Reinaka still had a hold of Jackson's hand while each second passed in silence. Though at first Jackson had been the one that feared he'd offended Reinaka, he was soon becoming uncomfortable himself. Was this a custom he wasn't aware of? Maybe the length in which humans held hands during hand shakes varied between person to person. Maybe amongst her winged brethren holding hands in silence was something as normal as anything else. Because of his respect for the woman in front of him, Jackson did his best to hide his confusion and discomfort with the situation. The thought that maybe she was just a bit socially awkward was the furthest thing from his mind.

Soon enough, the frosty haired maiden began to speak. Her first words were "sorry", followed by a "pleased to meet you". Jackson once again smiled lightly while his hand fell back to his side. With the long introduction now out of the way it looked as though it was time to now follow Mr. Lee deeper into the dojo and take part in whatever training Master Seifu needed them to undergo. To express that Jackson felt a bit nervous as a result of this would have been an understatement. He'd already experienced Master Seifu's abilities first hand, and if this was training that incorporated more of that he wasn't exactly sure how he'd fare. Either way, the only thing that Jackson knew for certain is that he'd put his all into whatever trials Master Seifu thought best to put him through. A defeatist attitude would do him no credit in a dojo such as this one; the only thing he could do was put everything on the line.

The walk didn't last as long as many of the other walks throughout the dojo had been. With almost no lag time in between the action of stopping, Mr. Lee immediately began to announce what the training for today would consist of -sparring with other students of the dojo. Sparring wasn't exactly something new for Jackson, however, after seeing how Master Seifu's way of teaching when it came to his pupils it was obvious that he wouldn't allow just anybody to spar within the confines of his dojo. Those who were being pitted against Reinaka and himself would obviously have impressive skills; otherwise, the sparring was pointless. Taking a quick glance in the direction of the other two students he was able to observe that one of them appeared to be a relatively tall young man, albeit a bit lanky. The other man was a behemoth, standing at about the same height as the other student, yet, it looked as though even his muscles had muscles. Jackson had never seen such a musclebound man in his life, and if his muscles were an indication of his physical strength then Jackson would be in for a challenge. Hopefully he wasn't as fast as he was strong.

While Jackson thought about his opponent, Reinaka stepped forward to face the male that had been set up against her. While the man quickly moved into his stance, Reinaka appeared to be as calm as ever with her hands simply falling to her sides. Most would have assumed that she was simply resigned to a fate of losing, but given what Jackson had been able to see of her abilities he wasn't exactly so sure of this assumption. Her style appeared to focus on being completely relaxed, as Jackson himself knew he couldn't perform any of the movements she had if he wasn't in a completely relaxed state. All in all, Jackson found himself excited to see her make use of her abilities once more. Watching someone merely go through their katas is entertaining, but when you're finally able to see what they can do in actual combat it's an entirely different thing.

The spar was soon underway and almost immediately the male ran forward and attempted to drop Reinaka with a combination of sharp punches. It was obvious to everyone in attendance that the man hadn't actually tested his mettle against others much. His technique appeared to be too prim and proper, as if he were expected an instructor to yell out for him to correct his posture. This wasn't to say the male wasn't skilled though, however, it was also obvious to all in attendance that the fight had been won for Reinaka before it had even begun. Her relaxed posture and flexible movements allowed her to slip and dodge every attempt he made to land a strike or grapple on her. Emotions began to well up in the man, causing his cheeks to turn red with the combination of frustration and exhaustion beginning build up within him. With Reinaka keeping her pace with him he simply kept attempting even harder to make something land, and that was the trap he fell into so easily. With his exhaustion seemingly at its peak, the only action that Reinaka took next appeared to end the spar completely. With what seemed to be a simple press against the male's chest, he collapsed into a heap almost immediately before he screamed out in sheer agony.

All of this was enough to cause Jackson to wince, yet, his eyes remained glued on the two fighters. He'd never seen someone be able to incapacitate another with such a simple touch. He replayed the touch back in his mind and yet he still couldn't understand how such a minuscule action could cause such a reaction. Even without understand the mechanics or logic behind what happened it was obvious that Reinaka was a force to be reckoned with. If Jackson ever found himself on her bad side he knew that getting in too close of a range with her would likely end up in his downfall. He'd need to learn a bit more about her abilities.

A few medics rushed into the area and quickly placed the defeated man onto a stretcher and quickly ran out. Reinaka had been named the winner in her spar and she had now been allowed to make her way off of the sparring mat.

"That was a fantastic match, Reinaka. Congratulations."

While saying this, Jackson's eyes had fallen on the behemoth that still stood across the mat from him. As he eyed the man he noticed that the giant had already been staring a hole through him. There was something off about this man - outside of the disturbing muscle mass. Though this was only supposed to be a spar for both sides, there was something about this man that made Jackson feel as though he had to play for keeps. This wouldn't be an innocent spar by any means, and Jackson needed to fight as though this man had every intention of doing great harm to him. Maybe this was merely a feeling a fear due to the sheer amount of intimidation that this man was trying to send out - but something told Jackson that this was more than that.

"Drago! Kaldur'ahm! Please step onto the mat!"

After Mr. Lee's exclamations, Jackson nodded and did as he was commanded. After stepping onto the mat, Jackson made a similar bowing gesture as the two who sparred before him, yet, this gesture wasn't returned. It was obvious that this was meant to be a sign of disrespect, but Jackson didn't allow this to bother him. Bowing to another was a human gesture...whether or not this man felt the need to bow made no difference to Jackson in the slightest.

With the sound of the gong denoting the start of the match, Jackson immediately dropped into a back stance - his hips locked at a 45 degree angle while he stood in a half-front facing position. He wasn't exactly sure of how capable this man was, so he figured that a defensive position would suit him well compared to taking up a forward stance that would be focused entirely on offense. This would allow him to react to any offensive move this musclebound warrior could potentially make while also putting both his left leg and arm in a loaded position, allowing him to attack with them using full force since they wouldn't need to manually be drawn backwards and then propelled forward. Since they were already in a position behind him, all he needed to do was propel these limbs forward in order to attack his opponent with quick snaps.

Drago didn't exactly seem to be too impressed with Jackson's decision on how he wanted to fight this battle. Maybe the man expected that Jackson would be someone that would have attempted to fight him toe to toe in a battle of strength, or maybe he was a bit disappointed that Jackson was playing it safe. Either way, Drago wasn't at all intimidated by Jackson's decision, and slowly he began to lurch towards Jackson's position.

Once at a distance of about ten meters away from Jackson, the hulking man raised his fist into the air for a few brief moments. During this time, Jackson couldn't understand what his intent was, but once Dragon directed his fist into the mat and began to send a wave of sharp rocks and debris in his direction he didn't exactly have anymore time to question Drago's intent. Acting quickly, Jackson pushed off with his right foot and propelled himself to the right of the flying debris, only narrowing evading the attack. However, before Jackson could place his feet on the ground after the dodge, another wave of debris was now flying towards Jackson's direction. With a sigh, Jackson realize he didn't have any time at all to evade this time, and the only decision he truly had was to merely stop the attack in its tracks.

While still in the air, Jackson snapped his palm forward with as much force as he could muster as he made use of his Samehada Shotei technique once more. With the waves of the palm thrust working its magic on the debris and clearing the brunt of the attack, he hadn't been prepared for what was lying in wait for him behind the cover of the dirt and dust. Before Jackson could react, the behemoth known as Drago sprang out of the cover of his last attack and was now in striking range of Jackson. Drago was now far too close for Jackson to reliably make use of another Samehada Shotei palm thrust. In opting to go a defensive route during this fight he'd allowed himself to fall into Drago's pace - and when comparing the two, Jackson was falling behind. He didn't expect that this man would be able to move as quickly as he was able to move given his size, and the fact he was able to combo his size and speed so well under the cover of other skills was extremely impressive.

Jackson didn't have too much longer to admire Drago's prowess in combat though, as the fist of his opponent soon connected with Jackson's jaw. This hit was akin to a boulder smashing into him, and it sent him sprawling through the air. He came close to being knocked clean off of the mat - and had that happened the spar would have ended right then and there, but luckily he'd managed to stop himself just short of that embarrassing fate. With his right hand raised up to his lip, he wiped at it and removed some of the blood that now dribbled from his mouth before he spit into the grass behind him. He felt extremely disappointed in himself and how he'd handled the fight thus far. If any of his previous teachers could see him now they'd likely deny ever training him. The mistake that Jackson made was an extremely rookie one, and it consisted of underestimating the opponent in front of him. He'd allowed himself to assume the strengths and weaknesses of his opponent based on looks alone, and these assumptions caused Jackson to make an ass out of himself. Even though the assumption that this man was strong had been correct, he'd taken up his defensive position because he simply assumed all he'd need to do is redirect and conquer when it came to this man's techniques. Even though he was a hulking, menacing figure, Jackson assumed he would lack agility and dexterity - thus, redirecting his strikes and ending him would have been the simplest way to end this spar.

He could full understand now why this man appeared to be disappointed that Jackson hadn't taken the initiative to go on the offensive as well and stand toe to toe with him. This man was someone deserving of such a fight, and Jackson hadn't given it to him. The hit he received was a lesson that Jackson wouldn't soon forget. With this in mind, Jackson took yet another bow.

"I didn't show you the respect that you were due, and for that I truly apologize, Mr. Drago."

The man in front of him didn't respond verbally to Jackson's words, but a simple nod from him was enough to let Jackson know that he forgave him for his indiscretion. With the formalities now out of the way, Jackson now took on a fully forward stance. From here on out, Jackson didn't intend on using any of his skills whatsoever, and from the look in Drago's eyes, it appeared that he'd had enough of that as well. In an instant, the pair dashed full speed towards one another and a flurry of blows ensued. Left punch, right punch, left elbow, right knee, right kick, headbutts...so many different types of attacks and these two were trading these blows consecutively. Taking a hit and doling one out seemed to be the name of the game, and through all of that struggle and strife they'd see which one held enough heart to keep standing.

Jackson could feel his bones rattling with each and every strike he took from Drago - the shots to the body he'd take giving him enough pain that each strike would make him want to curl into the fetal position. Yet, each time he took a shot, he gave one right back, and in Drago's eyes he could tell that his strikes were causing as much damage to Drago as Drago was dealing to him. Knowing that, he simply couldn't give up and he couldn't give in. This was a fight in which the winner was determined by how far they were willing to go, and Jackson could feel the weight of everyone and everything that had lead him to this point on his back. Though this had merely started as a simple spar, this fight began to take on an entirely different meaning for him. The fight became one that represented the lengths he was willing to go to achieve the dreams he held for not only himself, but for the world he was fighting for. There was nothing in this world that would cause him to lose that determination.

With his resolve strengthening with each and every exchange of blows, Jackson lunged forward once more with the intent to strike Drago's midsection with the hope that another blow to the body would be able to stop Drago's continued momentum. Yet, before the blow could land Jackson found himself the victim of tunnel vision. With his sights so set on landing his hit, he failed to see the uppercut that had been aimed for his chin. As the blow impacted his chin, it propelled him upwards into the air about a foot. Jackson could feel himself slip in and out of consciousnesses for a few seconds, yet, as he snapped back into things he raised his arms above his head before interlocking his fingers. With his fingers locked, Jackson swung his arms downwards, slamming his fists into the face of Drago that had momentarily looked upwards in Jackson's direction. The immense slam caused Drago's knees to buckle almost immediately before the behemoth collapsed to the ground.

As Jackson reached the ground as well, his knees buckled as well, yet he managed to catch himself with his hands before he fell face first into the mat. His breathing was ragged and his body was battered and bruised, and tears began to slowly fall from his eyes, but he quickly wiped them away as quickly as they formed. He could feel the pride inside of him welling up, and he felt a feeling of accomplishment that he'd never in his life felt before. Even though he'd always told himself that anything in life is attainable if someone was willing to risk it all to go the distance to obtain it; there had always been that voice in the back of his mind that told him "No, that's impossible.", "No, you can't do that.", "It'll never happen". His biggest obstacle was himself; and accomplishing what he'd done here today meant more to him than simply winning a spar. He'd surpassed the limits he'd placed on himself, and from here there was no limit to where he could go.

Words: 5958

Skills Used:

7Circle of Iron Empty Re: Circle of Iron Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:04 pm

Kaldur'ahm

Revolutionaries
Revolutionaries

Kaldur'ahm
After his victory, Jackson could hear the voice of Master Seifu congratulating him on his win over the behemoth known as Drago. Jackson smiled lightly at this, but he couldn't exactly throw this smile in Master Seifu's direction as he could barely lift his head up or move at all. Soon enough he felt a hand rest on his shoulder.

"That was a great fight, Kaldur. I'm very proud that you decided to come here for your training. You have a great future ahead of you, and I'm sure you'll be able to achieve whatever it is you've set your mind to."

Jackson then felt a light pat on his shoulder before a group of students rushed over with a stretcher. Even though Jackson would have usually exclaimed that he was alright and things like this weren't necessary, he found himself unable to do much contesting as they began to move him over onto the stretcher and haul him out of the room. As his head laid to the side, he could also see that Master Seifu had also began giving Drago a few congratulatory words as well. Jackson had even managed to get one last glance of Reinaka before they'd finally exited the room completely. He found himself a bit embarrassed about the fact that Reinaka had to watch a fight such as that one; when her fight had been so graceful and almost effortless. That in itself showed just how skilled of a fighter she was, and Jackson hoped that one day his master over his own art would be as refined as hers.

Words: 6232

-Exit-

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum